KBUR reported issues

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have not been having the FPS issues... until today.  It was bad.  RTX2070 super.

IFR KSBA kwang departure cma toaks KBUR @7,000 using steam gauge C172

ILS Y 8 Approach VTU transistion

These are probably FS2020 issues

1)  Could not get ATIS. All other ATC would work (kinda)

2)  Could not change approach from a VTU transition to TOAKS transition.

3)  After landing, Switch to ground get the 'taxi to parking' message...  Did not have an acknowledge option. only 'say again'  KBUR ground kept asking over and over to ack them.

4)  BTW:  KSBA worked very well.  Thanks Orbx crew.

3 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

No not yet but I can inform you that extensive background work is being done to find out why some (acknowledged as many) people get poor FPS at KBUR.

Good to hear, it's the only airport I haven't been able to enjoy yet so looking forward to a fix.

@ArcaneTechSgt  @Matteo VenezianiThanks for the report. I think it shows that the performance issues being experienced by some users are proving to be difficult to investigate the cause. You say you hadn't had issues at KBUR until yesterday when you first experienced the performance issue.

Matteo, please note the additional info from Arcane regarding some other issues that may be you can help with.

Just wanted to chime in and say on a 2070 super here normal frame rates in the area around 80-100, with Orbx KBUR as soon as I enter the vicinity frames drop to like 10-15 at 1440p. 32GB ram, 3900X. Can't really use it as is, any updates appreciated... should have checked the forums / reviews first I suppose.

19 hours ago, semox said:

Just wanted to chime in and say on a 2070 super here normal frame rates in the area around 80-100, with Orbx KBUR as soon as I enter the vicinity frames drop to like 10-15 at 1440p. 32GB ram, 3900X. Can't really use it as is, any updates appreciated... should have checked the forums / reviews first I suppose.

Yes an update or even better a fix would be great to hear.

Hi,

I just purchased the scenery and experienced massive frame rate drop down to 13 fps upon arrival from KSBA to KBUR.

Upon creating a test scenario by loading the TBM 930 at KBUR, Rwy 8 there is no frame rate drop compared to the default scenery (34 fps).

In this sense I could not 100% reproduce the issue and can only say it occured after arriving from west as part of a regular flight.

System

• Intel Core i7-6700 (4x3,40 GHz)
  • AMD Radeon RT 5700 XT (8176 MB GDDR6 1750 MHz VRAM)
  • 16 GB RAM

Still hoping for you to identify the issue and release a fix.

Regards,

Stefan

Just confirming what many others have said, but I have extremely low FPS when approaching and on the ground at KBUR. At first I thought it was because I was connected to vPilot, but  that isn't the case. Attaching pics w510120739_Screenshot(514).thumb.png.2bab8b89e47110cf3e391ead6d1b486a.pngith frame rates for reference. I get 30-40FPS almost everywhere else. 

I'll add another person  (post) with terrible performance at KBUR. I have everything set to ultra and can take off from EGLC with relatively good performance. KBUR brings my system to its knees. It is unusable. I too have a 2080TI and top end CPU. I guess it is stupid to ask for news of a fix?

Thanks!

Rich.

I can confirm as well no improvement to framerate around KBUR with latest patch.  It's actually even more apparent with the optimizations to the rest of the game in the latest patch but KBUR still comes to as much as a screetching halt (10-15 frames max).  Hoping you guys figure out what's causing it, excited to be able to fly around this airport again.

5 hours ago, hawkeye52 said:

I can confirm as well no improvement to framerate around KBUR with latest patch.  It's actually even more apparent with the optimizations to the rest of the game in the latest patch but KBUR still comes to as much as a screetching halt (10-15 frames max).  Hoping you guys figure out what's causing it, excited to be able to fly around this airport again.

Same.

47 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

An update to what's happening would be nice.

I agree. It has been a while. Not sure if the thinking was that the MS patch would somehow magically fix things. KBUR definitely has a big issue. Getting a little frustrated with silence. Since I own most of what Orbx does on all platforms, and after the London landmarks disgusting fiasco, I am losing faith much more quickly. Sorry if that is harsh or doesn't fit in with forum etiquette, just an opinion of a damn good customer.

11 hours ago, RichUK said:

I agree. It has been a while. Not sure if the thinking was that the MS patch would somehow magically fix things. KBUR definitely has a big issue. Getting a little frustrated with silence. Since I own most of what Orbx does on all platforms, and after the London landmarks disgusting fiasco, I am losing faith much more quickly. Sorry if that is harsh or doesn't fit in with forum etiquette, just an opinion of a damn good customer.

and now this topic has been uppinned!

Hello,

there is a long internal conversation going on between developers and staff and several possible

solutions have been proposed and some tested. However, there is not yet a working fix.

This is a new simulator with an incomplete SDK and the problem does not affect every customer.

Matteo is doing his very best.

Please try to be patient.

Thanks for the update! 

It is really odd that some folks don't have the issue. I downloaded MSFS like everyone else, and used Orbx to install the airport as usual. Nothing else changed. There are no other variables with the software install or configuration as far as I can see.

Can it be something that appears with higher graphical settings? Like a building or something pops in when you set the sim to 'ultra'? Most of my settings are ultra. I have no issues taking off from EGLC facing London.

Let me know if I can help in any way to test, or if you need more info on specs etc.

Thanks.

Rich.

2 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

there is a long internal conversation going on between developers and staff and several possible

solutions have been proposed and some tested. However, there is not yet a working fix.

This is a new simulator with an incomplete SDK and the problem does not affect every customer.

Matteo is doing his very best.

Appreciate the continued updates Nick!  Just like RichUK, the other 3 Orbx airfields I have installed exhibit negligible FPS drop compared to the default airfields.  So curious if it's some unique object/texture/light or something that's killing the performance I'd also be happy to try other settings (that already haven't been mentioned on here) to help narrow down the issue.  Thanks guys.

Will chime in as well....  I was having serious issues with FPS when I first installed KBUR, both starting at the airport or approaching - didn't matter.   

After Update 2 from MS, I decided to try it again.
When I started at KBUR, FPS seemed to be ok, not great, but not nearly as bad as it was before when on the ground. Did a short flight to KSBA, and restarted from menus doing the reverse route from KSBA to check the reports of issues starting while approaching the airport. Flying over at 5,000' didn't seem to generate any FPS hit, but when I was on the ILS 08, about 2 miles from the airport, I started seeing issues and the FPS dropped badly at about 1 nm from 08, then seemed to stabilize and improve slightly in the last 1 - .5 nm. On landing FPS was almost ok, but not as smooth as when loading into KBUR directly. 

Would seem like something loading in / LODs on short final is causing issues?

It appears also that some users with fairly high GPU/CPU combos have started to see an improvement by installing the latest 456.38 Nvidia drivers.

i just also want to stress that there is intensive research and testing going on behind the scenes to try and discover the root cause of the drop in FPS issue for many, but not all users.

54 minutes ago, Todd said:

Good news; the new 456.38 Nvidia drivers did the trick for me; FPS went from just 10 at KBUR back up to my normal 33-46 FPS at similar airports like KSBA.

This looks promising. I will give it a try a little later when I get back. Thanks guys.

Looks like it worked!

I update the Nvidia driver and took a flight from KBUR to KSBA. I noticed some weird looking trees and the scenery looked awful. I landed in KSBA to find that updating the Nvidia driver had set all my setting to low and off for some things. I reset to Ultra and nervously loaded back to KBUR. I went to the outside view and panned around and it was smooth!

I hope you guys can still fund the culprit, but the updated driver seems to have worked for me. Many thanks for keeping up with this and updating us!

Rich.

For RichUK,

I also noted that the 456.38 driver installation took some unwanted liberties with my MSFS settings AND also modified my CPU OC settings. The regular driver install is fine, but when combined with the optional Nvidia Experience and then ticking off the beta test extensions for "optimizing" the balance between the game settings and the CPU OC bad/undersirable things began to happen. I used Nvidia Experience one final time to undo/revert the MSFS settings that Nvidia Experience modified and then uninstalled it. Note that I had to fully back-out the Nvidia Experience carefully in order to expunge some remnants hiding around in the Win 10 system area.

I think thin biggest improvement in in FPS and overall stutter-free smoothness was the 456.38 driver's newly optimized use of Nvidia Gsynch that automatically recognizes the graphics card, OS, monitor  and game/simulator as supporting Gsynch. During driver installation it will prompt you setup/select available Gsynch options. I use an EVGA 2080 Super and an LG GL850 27" IPS at 2560 x 1440 and turn off VSYNCH in MSFS. This way the driver on sends the frames at the rate and time the GPU can handle. And so I get crazy high refresh rates on the static startup screens (700-900 FPS) and those then are synchronized down-to 33-51 FPS (very smooth and no stutters) for most planes and complex airports along with real weather and clouds. Clear skies at altitude in tube-liners gets up 60 FPS or so. I am getting very close to being fully satisfied the smoothness and visual in MSFS. Now if we can just get all of the other problems worked out.... no doubt it will be long journey, but worth it.

Todd

I would like to add here that the forensic search for the cause is still very much ongoing as the new drivers are not the solution to a potential much deeper cause.

Some colleagues have still got the issue despite the new driver installation, others like some customers here have found it works for them. 

Your patience and in particular your understanding is appreciated. If it was a simple fix I assure you it would have been done and issued a long time ago.

Hi Jon, thanks for the update and glad you guys are looking into it to avoid possible similar issues in future products, so it would be really nice to find the source of the problem.

I was excited to try it out and I can say with the new drivers I saw improvements on my end as well, however still comparing to other Orbx airports it's about half the FPS I'm getting at those on the same settings still.  Previously I was getting 10-15 with a few times resulting in FPS in the single digits.  Now I'm consistently getting 15-25 FPS at a much smoother consistency.  However, with the new patch along with the new drivers I'm see smoother frames everywhere else in the world also (including other Orbx airports) with a similar performance increase in FPS.  With current settings and setup (i7-7700k, GTX 1080, 32GB RAM) 

Hello,

it looks pretty clear to me from this topic that the problem is not as straightforward as you appear to think.

Add to that that the developer cannot exactly replicate the reported problem that does not affect all customers,

or indeed all testers and it could be seen that there could be problems identifying the solution.

It also looks pretty clear from this topic that a great deal of work is going into the search for a solution.

Archived