MSFS for EUR 70 in Europe vs USD 60 in the USA

wolfko

I only now found out that MSFS is much more expensive in EUR-countries than in the USA. EUR 70 vs USD 60.

EUR 70 are about USD 83. Or the other way round USD 60 are EUR 51. So there is a price difference of EUR 19 respectively USD 23. What exchange rate are they using at MS?

4 minutes ago, Orbx Flyer said:

That isn't all in, though, was it?...What was the FINAL (chosen version) +conversion+GST+Credit Card conversion up-charge?  Mine all in was $180.79 for the Premium Deluxe...:(

That is all in for the premium not Deluxe. 

1 hour ago, Orbx Flyer said:

"Ok...ok... the CDN for the Premium Deluxe was $159.99, raw, before the CDN bend-over..."

So sorry Orbx Flyer. Correction I purchased the Deluxe edition all in with taxes in Canadian $134.39:wacko:ouch:unsure:wife is yelling:Ddon't care:)

7 hours ago, wolfko said:

I only now found out that MSFS is much more expensive in EUR-countries than in the USA. EUR 70 vs USD 60.

EUR 70 are about USD 83. Or the other way round USD 60 are EUR 51. So there is a price difference of EUR 19 respectively USD 23. What exchange rate are they using at MS?

Taxes vary.  In fact the price difference is much less than for a lot of other products.

2 hours ago, John Dow said:

Taxes vary.  In fact the price difference is much less than for a lot of other products.

It says EUR 69,99+

So I assume taxes sre not yet included.

And rhe price difference is about 30 to 40 %. Depending if calculating up or down.

Hello,

9 hours ago, BradB said:

I paid a total of about $130 US for the Premium edition .

that's the same as the UK price but we have to add 20% VAT.

6 hours ago, Orbx Flyer said:

Mine all in was $180.79 for the Premium Deluxe

That's £105 in round numbers, still £5 less than the total price in the UK.

Microsoft Flight Simulator: Premium Deluxe - Preorder
( Xbox Game Studios )
Quantity 1
£91.66

Subtotal          £91.66

VAT                 £18.33

Total               £109.99

We don't like it but prefer not to make a fuss over something we can do nothing about.

59 minutes ago, wolfko said:

It says EUR 69,99+

So I assume taxes sre not yet included.

And rhe price difference is about 30 to 40 %. Depending if calculating up or down.

In Australia it was all included $A179.95 for the Premium Deluxe.

2 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

that's the same as the UK price but we have to add 20% VAT.

That's £105 in round numbers, still £5 less than the total price in the UK.

We don't like it but prefer not to make a fuss over something we can do nothing about.

Well, Nick..I'm shocked...when I saw what the final C.C. was going to charge..me...I did a triple take...and that was 5 pounds less than you folks?   Thank goodness for M.S. that we love this hobby is all I can type...!

But..remember...a few  BRITISH Colonists made a fuss---> a loud one, heard in Parliament  in 1776........and created a new country, saying bye-bye to King George!  Sometimes...you NEED to make a fuss..to get things to change!   Let's start a VAT Revolution!   Nick...how do you look in a Tri-Corn Hat?  White wig is optional...we know they're itchy...;)

14 hours ago, John Dow said:

We had this discussion over at AVSIM. It has little to do with taxes. 

In some countries it simply has to do with income it seems, like Switzerland where it is 14 CHF more expensive then it should be at current exchange rate and added swiss VAT.

In Germany it is about 10€ more than it should be.

I really have no clue why software companies think they can simply charge more for a digital product in a different market.

At least Orbx is fair about this. 

Archived