Hats off to Jarrad's MSFS2020 LOWI

Airwolf

My Dear Orbx Team, JV and Jarrad,

Hats off.  

Seriously WTF - This is insane graphics.  I would never imagine that in few short days, I will get to sim like this.  

This is just art plain and simple.

Any colorful adjective that I use here doesn't suffice on how good this looks.

My wife hates you guys plain and simple; yet she loves the images/videos of all your work.  She sees me flying over your products so many times.

Best clean analogy that I can go with is MSFS2020 will probably be the mistress; but you guys bring in the seduction :o B):wub:

Thank you for this love affair.

PS - when the world becomes normal - I will fly up to your hq and get everyone a round of drinks

Just now, Orbx Flyer said:

Someone just leaked that Orbx was right in there, tight, right from the start...they are listed in the ALPHA contributor credits...was just leaked...

I already knew Orbx was involved since day 1.  If I were MS, I would first contact the best players in the industry - that would be Orbx, PMDG, A2A etc (there is only few, and we all know Orbx changed the game for FSX and onwards).

One the clue was in one of the images that MSFS posted early on about some swiss airport - the autogen was eerily similar to the autogen used by Orbx in P3D airport.  I had a hunch, just like Orbx pushed LM to do cloud shadows on release of P3Dv2.

26 minutes ago, Airwolf said:

I already knew Orbx was involved since day 1.  If I were MS, I would first contact the best players in the industry - that would be Orbx, PMDG, A2A etc (there is only few, and we all know Orbx changed the game for FSX and onwards).

One the clue was in one of the images that MSFS posted early on about some swiss airport - the autogen was eerily similar to the autogen used by Orbx in P3D airport.  I had a hunch, just like Orbx pushed LM to do cloud shadows on release of P3Dv2.

You had a hunch...this was just leaked...in stone...Orbx is listed in the Contributor Credits for as early as the Alpha Project Build.  No wonder...a State Secret. No wonder all speculation and/or 'sniffing' threads were killed off, within two posts...lol!  Nick's forefinger  was on the Thread Lock Button!!  LOL!  It's all good...just makes one smile...;)

Is Orbx using the default MSFS base platform i.e. airport runways, taxiways, aprons and surrounding scenery; and adding the bespoke buildings and other detail or are they inserting the whole airport product as released for other platforms?

1 minute ago, Orbx Flyer said:

You had a hunch...this was just leaked...in stone...they are listed in the Contributor Credits for as early as the Alpha Project Build.  No wonder...a State Secret. No wonder all speculation threads were killed off, within two posts...lol!  Nick was on Lock Button!!  LOL!  It's all good...just makes one smile...;)

I didn't post the hunch earlier (but I am sure I dropped some hints in my older posts on here or avsim)  b/c in my line of work, I have to make lots of strategic/foresight calls - work with probabilities here.  I am still under NDA for MSFS 2020 (can't share screenshots etc till Aug 18) ;)

3 minutes ago, chumley said:

Is Orbx using the default MSFS base platform i.e. airport runways, taxiways, aprons and surrounding scenery; and adding the bespoke buildings and other detail or are they inserting the whole airport product as released for other platforms?

Seems that an enhanced 'payware' will override any A.I. generic airports and its generic data, they are supposed to supersede, with your purchase.

1 hour ago, Airwolf said:

My Dear Orbx Team, JV and Jarrad,

Hats off.  

Seriously WTF - This is insane graphics.  I would never imagine that in few short days, I will get to sim like this.  

This is just art plain and simple.

Any colorful adjective that I use here doesn't suffice on how good this looks.

My wife hates you guys plain and simple; yet she loves the images/videos of all your work.  She sees me flying over your products so many times.

Best clean analogy that I can go with is MSFS2020 will probably be the mistress; but you guys bring in the seduction :o B):wub:

Thank you for this love affair.

PS - when the world becomes normal - I will fly up to your hq and get everyone a round of drinks

This is a very modern lighting engine , implemented by a developer with a great deal of experience in such things.  And to think that all the 16 yr olds, "wasting " their time with first person shooter games and the like were up to no good.  We should personally go and thank them for what they have given us.

We might be older in the sim community , but you can't say we finally didn't catch up and get with the program :)

It gives me a very nice feeling to know that my favorite Scenery Developer is and has been part of the journey from the beginning

Cheers

Pete

A few months ago I posted my hunch that Orbx might be involved in the development of MSFS here in the forums. A smart ass of user then assured me that he knew that Orbx was definitely not involved in the development.:lol:

5 hours ago, Orbx Flyer said:

I find the surrounding mountains low res...?!?

The mesh seems to be of low resolution. In reality, the mountains, especially those grey ones seen in the background at 00:46, are much more peaked.

13 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

this "leaking" is really very tedious.

My advice to you would be to wait until Orbx make official announcements or comments because until then,

anything you read is just unconfirmed conjecture.

Sure, I agree..but I feel it is interesting 'conjecture'...and conjecture isn't damaging anybody...but think of all the Wiki leaks...that proved to be very true...lol!   Just interesting stuff...at least to my way of mind.

44 minutes ago, Ben McClintock said:

Some of you may find this video interesting, especially the segment that starts at 10:06:

Yep, I did see that video when it got released and they even give the name of the company (lol).  

Either way guys Thank you, thank you for adding so much to my flightsim.

I can not wait to get your addons for this new sim.

23 hours ago, Airwolf said:

Yep, I did see that video when it got released and they even give the name of the company (lol).  

Either way guys Thank you, thank you for adding so much to my flightsim.

I can not wait to get your addons for this new sim.

I went to that time stamp...and didn't hear any companies mentioned...only '"we have a team of two, onto that"....what timestamp vocalizes the name, Orbx?

9 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Patience is always rewarded.

Go to 12.15 and then listen.

Thanks Nick..will do that now...and you should have (LOLOLOLOL!) called me; "Grasshopper..."   Ok...showing my age...

GOT IT!  Thanks for that, Nick...didn't go that far...after the other time stamp.  Clearly heard...and how they lauded you guys!  Orbx certainly has earned their scenery creating rep!  Now..for some motorcycling to take up Monday, and wait for THE HAMMER to drop on my modest system...(?!?!??!?!?!?)   Oh boy...yep...oh boy....!

Archived