A newbie on a historic painkiller tour

Stillwater

Before going to Africa (obviously!) I´d like to share some pictures of my previous flights. In this case with one of my recent sales puchases, the Do228.

I tried to understand her logics during a flight from East Midlands...

l3GyD3W.jpg

018G5y8.jpg

... over the Conneries Ponds...

q7oxeuP.jpg

... towards Nottingham. Below us is Beeston, and the green fields are the initial Boots site, where most of the worlds Ibuprofene was produced until 2001. Now it is a parking lot.

NYFAjOV.jpg

In the city of Notts, just under the belly of the plane is Pennyfoot Lane, with the R&D labs where Ibu was invented. Unfortunately I did not master the Dornier good enough to show you some pubs like the https://www.visit-nottinghamshire.co.uk/food-and-drink/ye-olde-trip-to-jerusalem-p529041 , which is located basically IN the walls under the Nottingham Castle.

ukiPySV.jpg

But at least I managed to bring her back to the airport...

oCntHgg.jpg

... and even landed her safely!

ooWorNE.jpg

7 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Great shots these Gerold.

cheers

Iain

Thank you, Iain!

49 minutes ago, RodgerC said:

Nice shots, well done..

Thanks Rodger. A new plane always is surprising...

28 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Nice shots of an informative tour Gerold.

Thank you Jack. A small lesson for today!

5 hours ago, jean marc said:

A very pleasant little first flight with DoDo Longnose :)

You are right Jean marc. I will use that plane more often as a commuter in Africa, I think...

6 hours ago, adambar said:

These shots aren't painful at all Gerold, great job! :)  Nice plane the DO 228, she has a unique look to her.

Thanks Adam! Indeed, the plane has a special design.

5 hours ago, bvdboomen said:

Great set and I've learned something about a medicine. :)

Some historic chemical knowledge for free, that´s what you get on the Orbx forum!

6 hours ago, kev4242 said:

Nice shots. I've enjoyed many an ale in the Old Trip. Literally a pub in a cave. Low ceilings mean a sore head from the rock and the often the beer!

Ah, great to read your comment. So good to share experiences and memories. Cheers!

4 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

Nice old city, you fly over and great plane. Some of Nottinghams hotels I stayed in, I wasn't too fond off ;)

Thanks Bernd. Yes I have also tested some of their hotels, but I remember the pubs and Indian restaurants as the more impressive places... :D

6 hours ago, schtroumf said:

Great:o, it seems that to make this plane, the engineers were inspired by the eagle or the condor:)

Indeed a very uncommon design. Whatever the purpose was!

1 hour ago, mikee said:

Beautiful shots Gerold :)

Thank you Mikee!

3 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Wonderful trip Gerold. That beautiful Pub, however, sells way better "painkillers" than that ibuprofen and that is according to T-Bone "professional" experience:P:D

Ah, I am absolutely sure T-Bones experience is valid. And he probably has also validated it! That´s what people call "Traditional Alaskan Medicine", TAM. :D

Archived