RNZAF B757 - Spot the deliberate mistake!

Adam Banks

Indeed, Royal Air New Zealand Air force.

The plane was in Europe in 2016 so I looked it up on my photographs. :)

Also the blue is too blue. In real life it's a darker blue.

On the real plane, there are no windows under the title Royal New Zealand Air force.

3 hours ago, JOE DYGAN said:

The flag on the tail perhaps ?

Blue//white//red for me... But I'm french...

Or, it could be that the CS bird is flying... What is sometime a miracle...

Cheers :D !

The colours are correct (I always have to remember that it's the reverse of the French way). BUT - I think WWI British aircraft had it the French way <???>.

You're right about getting CS aircraft to "fly" though. I had real problems with activation (requiring firewall and a/v needing to be disabled).

Adam.

5 hours ago, bvdboomen said:

Indeed, Royal Air New Zealand Air force.

The plane was in Europe in 2016 so I looked it up on my photographs. :)

Also the blue is too blue. In real life it's a darker blue.

On the real plane, there are no windows under the title Royal New Zealand Air force.

I think the way around that (in an old repaint of my own) was to use the freight model as a starter.

6 hours ago, F737NG said:

Also, there should be Rolls Royce RB211 engines under the wings instead of those ugly, inferior PW2037 ;)

Agreed ... but I never got around to buying the expansion pack that includes the RR models, so whatever livery I put on it will always be wrong!

Adam.

14 hours ago, JOE DYGAN said:

The flag on the tail perhaps ?

Blue//white//red for me... But I'm french...

Or, it could be that the CS bird is flying... What is sometime a miracle...

Cheers :D !

The convention for tail markings of RAF and Commonwealth aircraft is that the red stripe is nearest the front of the fin on both sides of the aircraft.  

Kev

1 hour ago, Kev D said:

The convention for tail markings of RAF and Commonwealth aircraft is that the red stripe is nearest the front of the fin on both sides of the aircraft.  

Kev

As I said earlier - I thought WW1 RAF aircraft had it reversed - so I Googled it ...

bristol-f2b-fighter-classic-ww1-fighter-\

arc%20se5%2036.jpg&maxx=450&maxy=0

Adam.

3 minutes ago, Adam Banks said:

I really like the 757 .... and would love to have the RR variant so I could have the correct engines and do a decent repaint of the RNZAF one(s) ... but at around $50 NZD it's way over my old timers' budget!

Nah, more important things in life than worrying about the correct engine variant.

Bigger military or cargo planes might operate, but I just love how RNZAF send the largest-sized airliner to Antarctica.
No paved runways or apron there!

wn09003619th.jpg

2 hours ago, Adam Banks said:

As I said earlier - I thought WW1 RAF aircraft had it reversed - so I Googled it ...

bristol-f2b-fighter-classic-ww1-fighter-\

arc%20se5%2036.jpg&maxx=450&maxy=0

Adam.

Those are called Rudder stripes and were common in WW1 to equate allied aircraft with French aircraft.  They were eventually discontinued because the paint and dope used unbalanced the aerodynamic forces on the rudder.  What we are looking at on the 757 are “fin flashes” which came in to play inn1940 on aircraft of RAF, New Zealand and Australiaand are in play today - red stripe facing forward on both sides.  That’s a nice SE5a Adam!

Archived