Clouds over Florida ZP11.41

Jon Clarke

28 minutes ago, Jon Clarke said:

Cloud set is CloudArt 3.2b. I think the clouds are some of the best I've seen at least for Cumulus, without a Weather payware programme.

I think I'll have to agree with that!!!! Superb pic with superb clouds!

Adam.

Jon, this looks really great.
I tried CloudArt and am quite happy with it, but only with the weather situation "Scattered", looks like your picture above. Already from "overcast" it doesn't look good anymore. You can see a grey, undefinable layer with flat, disc-shaped clouds embedded in it. Cruel!
Can you adjust pictures from Overcast or Stormy? I just want to know if there's anything I've installed wrong. Thank you.

9 hours ago, MikeFlight said:

I tried CloudArt and am quite happy with it, but only with the weather situation "Scattered", looks like your picture above. Already from "overcast" it doesn't look good anymore. You can see a grey, undefinable layer with flat, disc-shaped clouds embedded in it. Cruel!
Can you adjust pictures from Overcast or Stormy?

I use [the excellent] FlyAGI plugin - that has an "Advanced Clouds" option. You can tweak various parameters (frequency, transparency, size etc.). I also have a joystick button mapped to "regenerate weather" so that, even in pause mode, I can keep regenerating the clouds until I see some decent ones (and roughly where I want them).

Adam.

13 hours ago, Adam Banks said:

I use [the excellent] FlyAGI plugin - that has an "Advanced Clouds" option. You can tweak various parameters (frequency, transparency, size etc.). I also have a joystick button mapped to "regenerate weather" so that, even in pause mode, I can keep regenerating the clouds until I see some decent ones (and roughly where I want them).

Thanks, Adam.
I also use the FlyAgiTweakUtility. But I was not able to get a reasonable cloud cover with CloudArt at Overcast. It looks cruel.
With Scattered everything is good, the clouds are like Jon's image.

But I also have to mention that I use ASXP. I'm not sure that's what it is. (I do not use the ASXP textures)

Well, thanks a lot, I don't have to use CloudArt.

Just thought I would add a couple of pics of Overcast with Cloud Art. I also have UWXP installed which does similar adjustment options fopr cloud size, brightness and quantity etc as other tweak tools do. I don't think it looks too bad but I doubt as good as some additional payware  weather related addons with their own cloud sets and options.

Ground level at Bar Harbor:

Capture.thumb.JPG.17cc8c6a1ef96230ebacba3923e5a8b8.JPG

At 17000ft over Bar Harbor. Surrounding area beyond the Bar Harbor imagery is Forkboy ortho4xp:

1.thumb.JPG.ea2e54135ac7469ab841ffa6709a625e.JPG

Thanks a lot, Jon. This actually looks a lot better on you than it does on me. I don't know why my overcast looks so bad.

I prefer to stay with the combination ASXP as weather engine and also the cloud textures of ASXP and select the textures "Impressive" with the FlyAgi tool. So far I was very satisfied with this, apart from occasional flickering of the textures from certain viewing angles.

Archived