Southern Oregon.

olderndirt

Not too familiar with this country but I know Crater Lake is a landmark.

This pointy little devil is Mt Thielsen.  I suspect back when the lake was still a mountain, this area was clustered with many such peaks.

crater1.png

Speaking of which, the lake in question - imagine this as a mountain.  The technicolor water is caused by minerals in the structure.

crater2.png

And there you have it - all the way to Mt Shasta (above the top left aileron).

crater3.png

10 hours ago, jean marc said:

Amazing blue and great trip O0 Thanks :)

ps should be great to go and explore one day the Island in RL :wub:

Crater lake is beautiful.  It's in the middle of nowhere, and is quite serene.  I don't think the general public can go out to the island.  I believe just the national parks people can.  There is no boat access to the lake, and all viewpoints are quite high above lake level.  Still a beautiful place.

4 hours ago, medx421 said:

ter lake is beautiful.  It's in the middle of nowhere, and is quite serene.  I don't think the general public can go out to the island.  I believe just the national parks people can.  There is no boat access to the lake, and all viewpoints are quite high above lake level.  Still a beautiful place.

Thank you for your precision :) it is fine too to have preserved and quiet places due to restraint access. That also remind me Desert Solitaire by Edward Abbey and its access as ranger on the most remote places in natural parks O0

Archived