50% Sale

carlosqr

2 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Thanks for the heads up Carlos.:)

My pleasure my friend

I'm very excited but have to wait until Dec 15 after the CC cut :lol:

2 hours ago, BradB said:

I filled in some nice gaps in my inventory , thanks Orbx for the early Christmas Sale !! .

John

That's great John :)

There are indeed some nice Orbx items I should get while the sale is on. Yet I just can't really convince myself to purchase right now. The disappointment over the recent OpenLC news has left me feeling sad and empty inside...

Yet I probably should at least buy Australia v2 or Kiruna maybe...

6 hours ago, Rongor said:

There are indeed some nice Orbx items I should get while the sale is on. Yet I just can't really convince myself to purchase right now. The disappointment over the recent OpenLC news has left me feeling sad and empty inside...

Yet I probably should at least buy Australia v2 or Kiruna maybe...

Hi Rongor

Roger that

But even without the expected LC products there are a lot to buy if you don't have it all yet, amazing jewels. I don't know what you got but if you don't mind we could chat about some products, maybe by knowing your preferences I could recommend some along with my experience with those. I personally love cities and landscapes, big airports. Most of Orbx sceneries are very particular but some are indeed special they have a sort of magic that gets you, and in some cases could be a very basic one at first sight, but exploring it brings up the detail and magic by making you feel there.

I agree with Australia and Kiruna. You'll end fascinated by the snow in Kiruna and the vibrant colors of the scenery besides you get the bonus of Visby and Dala airports!

Here you can see some of my shots of Kiruna

Don't feel sad about the LC products, we'll have them someday and if you are missing yet some Orbx products profit the sale so you'll have a lot more to fly meanwhile

Cheers

Carlos

On 11/29/2019 at 12:27 AM, carlosqr said:

YES, YES, YES

This year I'll achieve to have all Orbx Products for P3D

Thank you!!!

Hi Carlos,

That's quite an achievement to get all the OrbX P3D products - you must be pretty close to being OrbX's star customer! :-) Well done with the Kiruna photo's too!

Can I ask what your plans are for when FS2020 comes out next year? Assuming (a big assumption, I know) that all the potential flaws are sorted, it's going to be hard to resist the temptation to move across. Are you going to just write off your OrbX P3D investment (which must be many hundreds of $'s) or do you plan to be a diehard P3D 'remainer' for years to come?

All the best,

Steve

1 hour ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Steve,

I understand the interest in the new simulator but there is no need for its proponents to

try to add a discussion of it to every topic.:(

Well said Nick. I too am considerably turned off by such discussions. Perhaps ORBX could add a filter to blank out "FS2020" on the fora?

11 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Steve,

I understand the interest in the new simulator but there is no need for its proponents to

try to add a discussion of it to every topic.:(

Hi Nick,

I hardly think you could call me a proponent of FS2020 just for asking a genuine question! A question that all your customers will face in the not too distant future.

Read my post and you will see that rather than promoting FS2020 I only made the point that it would be potentially tempting to move across, and that this would be dependent on Microsoft addressing the well publicised concerns of the flightsim community. 

As for MS2020 proponents hijacking "every topic", I really couldn't say. This is because I don't read half the threads on the OrbX forums. I have a life outside flightsimming and lots of other stuff to keep my life busy! Only occasionally do I have a look to see if anyone is saying anything interesting so I guess your comment to be hyperbole. Apologies, if I have repeated anything that others have raised, but I don't see the need to check dozens of posts just to see what others may or may not have been posting. Are you suggesting I do?

Like Carlos, I have hundreds of hundreds of pounds invested in ORBX purchases, and I was only interested in his take on things. No offence or irritation intended!

Kind regards,

Steve

Hello Steve

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, for clarifying and for your concern

I have faced that question myself.

Since I discovered Orbx I convinced myself that I needed/wanted, to have all products because of their quality because I found myself enjoying them a lot. It has been a slow process I started back in 2017.

When I saw the announce of the new sim, I froze. It really impressed me as it seems to have everything we could desired. It was at this moment when I felt a bit weird. I was about to achieve having the full Orbx collection for P3D and then that announcement.

Yes, I asked myself if it would be worth to hold until seeing the new sim or what..

I wondered if all invested would end being stored Gigabytes and in a frustration :(

But I had a goal and will achieve it. I want to feel that sensation, I want to see the label "you own this product" everywhere  :lol:

I want to have the chance to explore them all.

If the new sim ends being what it has shown I think I'll go for it as it seems to have what we all have dreamed since ever but I would not get rid of Orbx P3D because of this:

01.- I like the products

02.- I have invested a lot in them

03.- I doubt the new sim would have in such detail some of the sceneries Orbx has produced

04.- The most important thing is that the new sim looks like a powerful engineering stuff that gives such display but what I see in Orbx?

I see detail, dedication, devotion. When you see those land classes and how all the stuff blends to perfection you see hours of work, you can almost see the developer enjoying doing it, it has passion, you can feel the human behind the product, it is notorious that it is not just a machine doing the job.

I have clear that this is also business but I found the sceneries to have character, personality. The only thing I would have wished to be different is to be able to request an airport to be done and be done and not only buy what is offered. But so far I have fortunately liked all

If I buy the new sim I'm sure I'll find myself flying back from time to time in my old P3D in those very particular/unique Orbx products.

Future buying will depend on what both will offer, I guess

We would have to wait. Maybe it ends not being so wonderful and makes me stick to P3D.

For now I just can't wait for Dec 15th to charge my CC :lol:

Cheers

Carlos

Hi Carlos,

Many thanks for taking the time and trouble to reply to my question. It was very interesting to read your honest and revealing take on things.

I recognise the 'collector'/'completest' mentality in myself to! If my pockets were deeper (UK idiom for having a larger income) I'd probably be up there with you, but I decided a long while ago that my collecting bug would have to be satisfied with just collecting (mainly ;-) west coast US and UK stuff. I say 'just', but that's still quite a lot of products!

I couldn't agree more with your feelings and appreciation for OrbX. I fly not just because of my fascination for aviation, but also because I love to explore the world, even if it's only virtually, and OrbX are second to none in creating that illusion of reality. I can't wait for the TE UK Central and North!

So, Carlos, as a man uniquely (?) placed to judge, what do you think is the best OrbX airfield or region to fly? Which one(s) do you keep coming back to? For myself, it's actually one of OrbXs freebies! Bowerman, is the airfield that keeps me returning. The geographical setting on a spit jutting out in to the sea, and the detailed mix of industry and wilderness makes it something special.

Have a good weekend!

Steve

4 hours ago, SGunard said:

Hi Carlos,

what do you think is the best OrbX airfield or region to fly? Which one(s) do you keep coming back to? 

In keeping with Carlos's thread --

This months pension went on NZ North and South and LC Europe - 

and next months will be on Caloundra A/P where I flew the Skyfox - and all the West Coast USA as a Xmas pressy to myself

Since I already have TE Britain XP - P 3D Central and North will have to wait - but I will claim my freebie South:)

To Answer your question  - Three  actually -

Moorabbin Melbourne (Orbx) - where my flying was born 45 years ago - 

Gold Coast ( CoGC Orbx) - where I live in Queensland - beautiful one day - perfect the next !

Blackpool  --(Orbx - TE Britain Central(XP)) - to remind me of my childhood holidays  -  and fly the Lakes district

_ and this old man will not be giving away his Orbx investments - or my VFR aircraft collection -

but I will be upgrading my X Box One X - to X Box Two X   which may include 2020 in my current subscription.

Annotation 2019-11-23 172813.jpg

Annotation 2019-11-14 162943.jpg

Annotation 2019-12-01 141259.jpg

5 hours ago, SGunard said:

what do you think is the best OrbX airfield or region to fly? Which one(s) do you keep coming back to?

Hi Steve

Thanks for your reply

I love many, but I could not live without Narvik ( which made me fan of Orbx), Mildford Sound, Lowi, Cairns, Dubrovnik, Ksan, Arlanda, Paho, actually they are a lot, I fly them very often. I like Barcelona at sunset, also many in the PNW, my fav airport in the UK is Fairoaks, it has charm everywhere. I just stare with my avatar to that building and I simply want to be there. It has something fantastic.

My fav regions are New Zealand, Norway, California, & Alaska, the Germanies are also beautiful, so difficult, just by naming them makes me want to launch the sim. :lol:

Cheers

Carlos

1 hour ago, John Heaton said:

Moorabbin Melbourne (Orbx) - where my flying was born 45 years ago - 

Gold Coast ( CoGC Orbx) - where I live in Queensland - beautiful one day - perfect the next !

Blackpool  --(Orbx - TE Britain Central(XP)) - to remind me of my childhood holidays  -  and fly the Lakes district

_ and this old man will not be giving away his Orbx investments - or my VFR aircraft collection -

but I will be upgrading my X Box One X - to X Box Two X   which may include 2020 in my current subscription.

Hi John

Nice comment

I also like Gold Coast a lot

Good to know you'll stick to your collection too

Cheers

Carlos

On 12/6/2019 at 7:20 PM, carlosqr said:

Hi Steve

Thanks for your reply

I love many, but I could not live without Narvik ( which made me fan of Orbx), Mildford Sound, Lowi, Cairns, Dubrovnik, Ksan, Arlanda, Paho, actually they are a lot, I fly them very often. I like Barcelona at sunset, also many in the PNW, my fav airport in the UK is Fairoaks, it has charm everywhere. I just stare with my avatar to that building and I simply want to be there. It has something fantastic.

My fav regions are New Zealand, Norway, California, & Alaska, the Germanies are also beautiful, so difficult, just by naming them makes me want to launch the sim. :lol:

Cheers

Carlos

Carlos, I agree, out of all the wonderful and superb Orbx scenery's, Narvik is at the top of my list and has been for awhile. Something about it is just very special. I also agree that you bringing up all of those other great Orbx scenery's makes me want to go visit them all right now too :D

3 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

Carlos, I agree, out of all the wonderful and superb Orbx scenery's, Narvik is at the top of my list and has been for awhile. Something about it is just very special. I also agree that you bringing up all of those other great Orbx scenery's makes me want to go visit them all right now too :D

Amazing Landon

Yes, Narvik has something special that catches you and keeps you flying it

I think we all ended feeling Orbx a very special part of us due to all the emotion it has brought

Cheers

Carlos

Archived