Orbx airports visited in real life - a rolling story

Stillwater

12 hours ago, stiletto2 said:

London Cityscape.  Plant is across from EGLC.

Rod

Yes,

Congrats as first guesser, that's right...London Cityscape and location is between EGLC and the river Thames.

So, Rod -> your turn to amaze(or amuse) us....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

While we are waiting for @ikbeniks next photo for our little game, I can give you one to fill the time. As I see, landmark or cityscape products either have iconic views (therefore easy to recognize), or very difficult "everyday" situations. These could be easy...:

ix8XtAm.jpeg

JUX8RXA.jpeg

11 minutes ago, boetie said:

My business partner is Vietnamese, he loves the fruit ...... And the stink!

Are there any Orbx or Partner Vietnamese products?

Cheers 

Graeme :)

I love that this one turns out to be a little bit more difficult than expected. Yes, the currency is Dollar, and yes it is an Orbx product!

• Like 1

OK. I think I've got it, your dollar clue made me think Singapore? Have been through Changi many times but never stayed in Singapore. One of my bucket list stays is the Singapore F1 Grand Prix :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, boetie said:

Singapore. One of my bucket list stays is the Singapore F1 Grand Prix

You got it, Graeme, it is Singapore Landmarks. One should absolutely make a stopover there! And if you want, I can get you another teaser...:

vggB8ze.jpeg

nxIzIZo.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

If becoming difficult on other sceneries than airports...I take the opportunity to switch back to...Airports to guess.

Landing at....

https://i.postimg.cc/6pnmP59B/Scenery-to-guess.jpg

Oeps!

Delete or at least disregard this entry....suddenly postimage connection doesn't work to show the screenshot at this instance... sorry...

Edited by ikbenik
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, larryisenor said:

someone else wants to give us something go ahead.

Just as to fill the time... I´ll jump in. But if you find some, you are welcome to take your turn at anytime, Larry!

Having Orbx city sceneries (only Orbx, no 3rd party!) on the menu opens up the choice quite a bit. The trouble is: The pictures are either iconic (easy to guess), or totally remote. Let´s see how fast you can allocate these...:

2qApm39.jpeg

vZjJDbR.jpeg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Just as to fill the time... I´ll jump in. But if you find some, you are welcome to take your turn at anytime, Larry!

Having Orbx city sceneries (only Orbx, no 3rd party!) on the menu opens up the choice quite a bit. The trouble is: The pictures are either iconic (easy to guess), or totally remote. Let´s see how fast you can allocate these...:

2qApm39.jpeg

vZjJDbR.jpeg

Gerold, could you give a clue as to which planet it's on? 🤔

• Haha 2

On 9/7/2024 at 8:51 PM, timmo32 said:

Well Earned there Greame this is a cracker of a a shot!

On 9/8/2024 at 4:14 PM, mikee said:

Congratulations , great shot 🙂

On 9/8/2024 at 4:44 PM, Adam Banks said:

Thoroughly deserved ... well done!

On 9/12/2024 at 4:46 AM, Ken Q said:

Rural.  Or better yet small coastal village.  I grew up in what had been the latter.  By the time I came along, growing up in the 1950s, the village of East Rockaway had become a suburban community, a bedroom community for New York City.  But still with fewer than 3500 people it had much of the ambiance of the coastal fishing and resort village it had been before WW2.

But since the end of the War the county I lived in had become the "fastest growing county in the US." With the new Levittown leading the way, the rural and small town nature of the region was changing forever.  But a couple of visionary men decided to preserve some of it before it was all lost.  From this vision grew Old Bethpage Village Restoration, a living history museum which preserves a bit of pre Civil War agricultural Long Island.  I've happily worked there for most of the last 35 years.

Ken

2 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,
not wishing to spoil the fun, the internet will tell you straight away with a picture search.

Oi! Tut tut! Against the unwritten rules :)

Edited by boetie
No idea why it saved previous posts to this
  • Haha 2

One comment: We were standing in front of the (closed) Civic Theatre. As we began to feel sad, because we will probably not return again, a guide cam from the inside. He told us that there would be a private event, but if we were quiet he could guide us through the (famous) foyer. Where he gave us loads of nice stories and information. Great!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civic_Theatre_(Auckland) 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,
not wishing to spoil the fun, the internet will tell you straight away with a picture search.

I’d like to think that those of us who have taken part and enjoyed the guessing have done it for fun only. Some have taken much guessing also 😀

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1