Tip 001: Backup, backup and backup!!!!

Dario

Yesterday my PC decided to stop working. :(  It will be sent to technical assistance soon.

Worst of all, I didn't have a backup (I usually backup my working computer, not my gaming computer - I know, it's dumb). 

So, if I lose everything, it will be a long way to configure the sims and to make them work and look as they previously did. 

My recommendation for you all (couldn't be more obvious): backup, backup, and backup again  !!!!!!!!

The picture below is from the wonderful Walter Sutton airfield for XP11. 

DxqSqHj.jpg

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Nice shot Dario and very sad to hear this.  I use Acronis religiously.  Five internal SSD's and six external HD's.

That's what I will do whenever I am able to get things back working... I can't imagine the time spent configuring each aspect of the sims.... :( But that's the price for being dumb!!! 

2 minutes ago, M110A2 said:

Nice shot Dario, that's gotta hurt. Sorry to hear this. We have NovaBACKUP on five computers for just over a 100 USD billed annually for one year of service.

That's money well spent, for sure! I am super serious about backing up my main computer, I can't explain why I didn't do the same with the PC dedicated to flight sims... :( 

21 hours ago, renault said:

Hoping for the best for you:)

Hopefully it is non disk related.  Also there are disk recovery services that while expensive can often work wonders. 

Fingers crossed 

Cheers

Pete

That would be wonderful, Pete! It would save me so many hours of installation, configuration, etc. 

Thanks for your words! 
Dario

22 hours ago, adambar said:

Sorry about your issues your having Dario. Myself, I have never backed anything up, ever. I have all the keys to unlock all my programs, so I just download and install again. :D

Thank you very much, Adam! Yes, that was also my philosophy. But even with the serials, all the downloads, installations, configurations etc need to be done again.... :( 

Archived