Christmas came early

YAMBA1

Just receive my new  toy ( apology  for not posting this in  the Hardware Forum) But I rather  share the  joy of  an Old Man  in  this forum .  My wife  told me I  am like a kid with a new toy..

Bought  this yoke  hoping that  it  would  improve my landings.   But the  hurdle is  to  assign  all those buttons  to  my various aircraft . Honeycombs   did  not provide any manual . Oops rectification Yes there is a manual  but in German . Not much of a help to me.  and  being a newly developed  unit  I could not find any You tubes on the product . So  it's touch and go 

Otherwise the unit is sturdy  well made  and soft to the touch It gives me a total different feeling in controlling  an aircraft . And all those buttons make  feel even  more realistic . 

www.flyhoneycomb.com

Charles 

Yoke.thumb.jpg.cabc63fb8fbb59c070bd4f5b1578ef38.jpg

Very cool Charles.  I have been watching a few reviews for this yoke, including one by Austin Meyer, the creator of X Plane, and it looks very impressive.  I have never had a yoke myself, but have been considering getting one, and I would probably get this one as it looks like the best quality vs cost.

2 hours ago, Scott Harmes said:

Very cool Charles.  I have been watching a few reviews for this yoke, including one by Austin Meyer, the creator of X Plane, and it looks very impressive.  I have never had a yoke myself, but have been considering getting one, and I would probably get this one as it looks like the best quality vs cost.

Scott you are  correct  when you say quality vs  cost  . I bought mine  from the the Gamesmen in Sydney , I had to pre- order it.  I made my decision  also after  watching  Austin Meyer and  another video  where this  guy dismantled a brand  new   Saiteck/Logitetech yoke  in order to  get a better  calibration out of that unit. I did  not  know much  so  I bought this  unit a bit  blind . It  my first Yoke as well  and I am not disappointed 

Charles 

WIN_20191018_17_45_02_Pro.thumb.jpg.51c0da33d39c394596b09f637907bf53.jpg

39 minutes ago, Rob Abernathy said:

Does your wife bring you your lunch now Charles?  How can you tear yourself away from that?   Real nice look of quality from here.

I went to their site and it says "Sold Out".  Must be good!  No price anywhere tho.

Aerosoft are selling them too Rob.  Probably the site is saying they're sold out because they have just fulfilled the first pre orders, which started selling months, or maybe a year ago.  The Aerosoft site is saying what you buy now will start shipping at the end of October.  The Aerosoft site has a price:  €210.08 plus shipping.

28 minutes ago, Rob Abernathy said:

Does your wife bring you your lunch now Charles?  How can you tear yourself away from that?   Real nice look of quality from here.

I went to their site and it says "Sold Out".  Must be good!  No price anywhere tho.

I think in the US it sell for around 250 to 280 US$  In Australia through a dealer I paid AU$ 450 . incl delivery  Although the unit is of high quality the documentation for the use of their software to assign switches & buttons not as crash hot . The weird part there is only 1  manual and this one is in German . English or French would have been ok for me  but none available. I am not to worried since I use FSUIPC

And NO , I have to walk away  to have lunch. Usually the lunch call always comes, like recurring magic, just always during descent in the middle of landing prep.:wub:

Charles

And NO , I have to walk away  to have lunch. Usually the lunch call always comes, like recurring magic, just always during descent in the middle of landing prep.

Charles

LOL   Gotta  love 'em.   I'll have a look at Aerosoft and keep an eye out for better documentation before taking the plunge.  I'll tell the wife I need it for testing purposes of course.... coff coff   ;)

8 minutes ago, Rob Abernathy said:

And NO , I have to walk away  to have lunch. Usually the lunch call always comes, like recurring magic, just always during descent in the middle of landing prep.

Charles

LOL   Gotta  love 'em.   I'll have a look at Aerosoft and keep an eye out for better documentation before taking the plunge.  I'll tell the wife I need it for testing purposes of course.... coff coff   ;)

I wish you good luck with the testing purposes story

13 hours ago, Rob Abernathy said:

mypilotstore.com list it as being in stock.  US$249.95:

http://www.mypilotstore.com/MyPilotStore/sep/13520

Looks like a nice unit, and seems well reviewed. Froogle was impressed with it when he saw it at Orlando.  Definitely on my wash list when my current primary yoke wears out.  All those switches are redundant for my cockpit; between Desktop Aviator, Saitek, etc., I have far more switches available than I can use.

Ken

SDC11447.thumb.JPG.aa4f6ce3ddd7687f75b6b2eecece2fd3.JPG

Thanks, Rob,

I enjoy it a lot!  This, combined with ORBX scenery and PilotEdge ATC is very immersive.  For more info see Tom Tsui's wonderful web site:

https://fsxtimes.wordpress.com

This is a very informative site, and Tom does wonderful gauges for the Saitek/Logitek FIPs (Flight Instrument Panels).  For info on my cockpit, as well as many others, see his "Cockpit" section.  A lot of inspiration there:

https://fsxtimes.wordpress.com/category/cockpits/

Ken

On 10/18/2019 at 6:24 AM, YAMBA1 said:

Just receive my new  toy ( apology  for not posting this in  the Hardware Forum) But I rather  share the  joy of  an Old Man  in  this forum .  My wife  told me I  am like a kid with a new toy..

Bought  this yoke  hoping that  it  would  improve my landings.   But the  hurdle is  to  assign  all those buttons  to  my various aircraft . Honeycombs   did  not provide any manual . Oops rectification Yes there is a manual  but in German . Not much of a help to me.  and  being a newly developed  unit  I could not find any You tubes on the product . So  it's touch and go 

Otherwise the unit is sturdy  well made  and soft to the touch It gives me a total different feeling in controlling  an aircraft . And all those buttons make  feel even  more realistic . 

www.flyhoneycomb.com

Charles 

And now wait for the "Bravo Throttle Quadrant" to make Christmas complete...!

1 hour ago, YAMBA1 said:

Wow, Ken,

this a mighty cockpit .all you need is rocking chair you give you a sense of motion

Thanks, Charles.

Hmmm, that's an idea!

Actually, this is pure serendipity, but the engine vibration can be felt in the throttle.  I'm using a 32" TV for the monitor, and use the built in speakers.  Since the whole setup is on two shelves mounted to a paneled wall, the vibrations from the speaker are carried by the wall to the throttle unit.

Archived