PAJN-Snettisham, AK

flyingleaf

Arrived sorta safely ( well we didn't hit any trees this time I just made sure to fly over water. Much safer actually:rolleyes:) at the Hydro Electric site and dropped off the Hydro guys. When the foreman came out and looked around and said happily surprised (I thought mebby it was caused by our "refreshments" we proudly serve and use our self's:Pliberally)We've never been dropped off so darn close to our bunkhouses and work site. Ah, we aim to please:D. (Did'nt wanna tell him that I got to do "some" brake work and I was pleasantly surprised she stopped at all:o:rolleyes::lol:)Well here we are getting ready for take off and back to Juneau for the next trip. orGyHId.jpg 

Engines warm up. T-Bone look at that tree. Last week that thing had green leafs:'(.I need another beer, buddy. He say yeah me too:PjdmN9UZ.jpgOK spooling her up some revs.7HxiSyS.jpgAlways exiting running down a fairly short gravel runway some what upsetting when y'all get icy cold beer on your pants from that bouncing up and down.TQG96mt.jpg OK we did it again. Up, up and away hi ho Silver.mCCELu3.jpgNice.OVVVLAH.jpgI don't care what anybody says. You just can't beat Alaska. Real AS weather and orbx scenery is just the greatest.QjmHPUA.jpg8Tg5Z4b.jpgAh T-Bone look at them cliffs.sLDc3vU.jpgM6H5DAN.jpg92turV2.jpgOK T-Bone we're getting close. Go wake up them lazy PAJN tower boys and tell'm we're here and I don't want any b.s. of going around I'm too old for that:(:D.8PMJcnq.jpgGetting lined up.ekTWDx5.jpgGood work out with that sideways blowing windoYKEn3x.jpgKissed that runway as always. OK, OK maybe not always T-Bone:angry:NoJC9TT.jpgAwright here we are safe and sound. Hey T-Bone I think I saw OND waving at us from that old lower glass tower:DT-Bone said Yep I saw him too but he was shaking his head at us.MD60cTq.jpgHoly cow look at all those cars in that parking lot. Winter must on it's way and I bet yer they all flew to Australia for their summerB):DXecRwz1.jpgOK people that's it for us once again. Thanks for coming along. Hope y'all enjoyed our little adventure and yes we'll fix them brakes. Meatloaf has a book on how to do it in three easy steps:unsure:. Cheers k:D Beers:P

12 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Nice indian summer conditions up in the home area of Mule Air Services. And good to see they all fley down to Aussie Spring, that leaves enough beer & BBQ for those remaing on duty.

Thank for your reply Gerold:D

21 minutes ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

My friend the Alaskan Controller says that the word among his colleagues up there is that Mule Air Services are the mot consistent flyers in Alaska -- they are consistently drunk and disorderly. I, of course, set him straight immediately.

s'cuse me hic. Thanks for standing up for us Rodger. Cheers:P:D

24 minutes ago, olderndirt said:

Back in my Juneau days I moonlighted for a Part 135 outfit hauling personnel in and out of Snettisham - it was still being built.  Your shots reveal it hasn't changed much though it would have been chancy for a DC3 back in '69.

Ah that is so great to hear from you. I find it so satisfying to get comments from people with the "real Life" experience. Makes this sim and orbx even more interesting. Thanks ond. What were you flying? Ah I meant to add you've got quite a great history. I remember that you also were at PAYA. Gosh I wish I could live your Lifetime adventures. Y'all must have a great Lady by your side:)

19 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Ah that is so great to hear from you. I find it so satisfying to get comments from people with the "real Life" experience. Makes this sim and orbx even more interesting. Thanks ond. What were you flying? Ah I meant to add you've got quite a great history. I remember that you also were at PAYA. Gosh I wish I could live your Lifetime adventures. Y'all must have a great Lady by your side:)

I was flying what used to called a 'Cherokee 235' - fixed gear but 235 hp, moved right along and good weight hauler.  I got married at PACD in '62 worked at PAYA, PAMC, PAJN, PAMR, PAEN - KCRW for a couple - PANC.  Before '62 worked for the old Weather Bureau at PABA then PAFA - USAF at PAGA.

On 10/13/2019 at 3:27 PM, olderndirt said:

I was flying what used to called a 'Cherokee 235' - fixed gear but 235 hp, moved right along and good weight hauler.  I got married at PACD in '62 worked at PAYA, PAMC, PAJN, PAMR, PAEN - KCRW for a couple - PANC.  Before '62 worked for the old Weather Bureau at PABA then PAFA - USAF at PAGA.

Thank you for sharing this. Would have loved to be there by your side.

Archived