ORBX Central issues resolved?

fabs79

Hi, 

I'd love to buy the new Honolulu scenery, but I'm still reluctant to install the new ORBX Central. Have the initials issues been fixed in the meantime? Some people reported their whole scenery library was in disorder after migrating to ORBX Central, and I really don't have the time to reinstall Prepar3d if something goes wrong. 

Best regards, 

Fabian 

2 hours ago, Dust2Dust said:

The first few versions caused havoc to my P3D scenery. The current one is doing very well.

This is my experience too. 

Latest version of Orbx Central is working fine and my scenery library order is no longer messed up.

I have still problems with disorder of my scenery.cfg file !

at least, i think so.....

as mensioned in post:

but don't get an conclusive answer....

My ORBX folder in my P3Dv4.5 sim counts 292GB !, have 132 products installed ! .... which i would like to migrate to another driver.... must be a fantastic tool .... just what i need.

But, does it work?

I would also like to buy the Honolulu scenery, but as long there is no positive answer and that the migration tool don't work flawles......... i dobt

Sorry guys, ....

I installed it today and stayed away from the library install method.

There were quiet a lot of updates which all installed flawlessly.

As far as I can see, there are no issues in the scenery. I flew in AU v2 from Tamworth and in PNW from Victoria to Vashon.

The only thing I notice is a slight reduce in frame rates but that also can be due to a Windows update.

When I installed ORBX Central a few weeks ago, I saw that my Global Base package had an update available. After I updated Global Base using ORBX Central, my default airport scenery was messed up. The biggest nuisance was trees growing out of runways and taxiways. I ended up having to delete and reinstall P3D and every bit of my ORBX scenery library. It's working fine now, but I was reminded of the axiom "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

To ORBX guys:

Will these issues ever been resolved by someone capable at ORBX?. It's still under investigation?. Look at the following thread, posted almost six (6) weeks ago and still no efective solutions.

I'm also on hold to buy any new ORBX products until the mess caused after the installation of ORBX Central is sorted out, in particular the strange display issues associated to changes in the layering order of the Scenery.CFG files, etc., all of them very well documented already in the thread above (no need to repeat them).L

Regards, Ed

I must also say it is disappointing about the lack of communication over this issue.

As a long term customer of ORBX you would expect a higher level of support for obvious anomalies like this one which are being experienced by multiple people.

I have been trying to get an answer for what seems like an eternity now.

3 hours ago, RancidViper said:

I must also say it is disappointing about the lack of communication over this issue.

There was a response to the post just one minute after your post here. Checking "advanced layering" should resolve most of the issues in Ed Patino's topic.

As a general note to all, please do not "pile on" to another person's topic in the Central support forum. It makes it much harder for our team to track individual issues, and ultimately results in a longer time to issue resolution.

4 hours ago, Ben McClintock said:

There was a response to the post just one minute after your post here. Checking "advanced layering" should resolve most of the issues in Ed Patino's topic.

As a general note to all, please do not "pile on" to another person's topic in the Central support forum. It makes it much harder for our team to track individual issues, and ultimately results in a longer time to issue resolution.

Hi Ben,

I just noticed that. Just one of those bad timing scenarios.

I do have my own topic on this issue that actually predates ORBX Central:

I just haven't been getting any responses on that which is why I added on to these more recent ones which have the same issue. I am about to try out the suggestions and will report back.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Still issues here, in fact that's an understatement since it doesn't work at all.

I bought Oregon yesterday (order receipt 5d9b868e709db).

Deinstalled FTX Central which had always worked for me.

Installed Orbx Central and now nothing works since whatever I try I get the communication error...  (error remains even when AV and Firewall are shut down)

Just got home from work and issue is still there.

System: Win7 64 bit, 32Gb, 1Tb XP11 SSD + 6Tb data HDD

My internet line is an 300 Mbps line without any issues for connection in whatever other software or games I run.

• 2 months later...

Archived