P3D - I earned my carrier wings!

Jack Sawyer

P3D 4.5

Orbx's Global, Vector, Trees, Building, Honolulu CityScene.

A2A's Bonanza

AS4 weather.

I have to say that this whole island is not my all-time favorite Orbx product and I've been very fortunate to own them all.  I LOVE this place!

So I had to try it, if a WW2 Navy plane can land there why couldn't I?  And I did then took off.  What a kick in the pants this is!

fXEPFhm.jpg

97QFXs9.jpg

0LH9HVX.jpg

zI2eFXd.jpg

JKBnBwI.jpg

mQqzBJJ.jpg

clbMT62.jpg

C1Hdm7R.jpg

XCBryzm.jpg

aan3jb5.jpg

CSr9sLt.jpg

SegW1dx.jpg

kAhfkfv.jpg

PJ0jD0D.jpg

Wut7RSI.jpg

F47OwZA.jpg

097Vo2g.jpg

1 hour ago, lifejogger said:

Nice landing and take off Jack, now try it with an F-18.

Thanks John,I would if I had an F-18 but I got to thinking, I don't know Pearl Harbor very well but is this a WW2 carrier?  If so then it may be too short for a modern jet no?  Not sure.

3 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks John,I would if I had an F-18 but I got to thinking, I don't know Pearl Harbor very well but is this a WW2 carrier?  If so then it may be too short for a modern jet no?  Not sure.

Looks like a modern carrier to me.

4 minutes ago, JohnnyJohnJohn said:

Now that's a Jack set!  Is the Arizona in there as well with the scenery?  I'm waiting until Christmas to buy myself Honolulu and Buildings for a Christmas gift to me. ;) 

Thanks Triple J.  Yeah, it's very detailed too.  All I need to do is find me some bridges....

A challenging debute Jack....but it should be more realistic in a F-14, F-18 or F-35, do you dare ?  The arrester-cables on deck of this carrier doesn't work, so a touch and go is enough.

Bridges to fly under aren't present on Oahu. try the Tetsuo Harano Tunnel on the Interstate H-3 as a new challence....:o

17 minutes ago, ikbenik said:

A challenging debute Jack....but it should be more realistic in a F-14, F-18 or F-35, do you dare ?  The arrester-cables on deck of this carrier doesn't work, so a touch and go is enough.

Bridges to fly under aren't present on Oahu. try the Tetsuo Harano Tunnel on the Interstate H-3 as a new challence....:o

Thank you!  I would but I don't have any of those planes.  And it was just a test to see if I could do it.  Yeah, I couldn't find any bridges but any tunnels would just be a crash because I don't think they're modeled.

8 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

They're all pretty short if they miss that cable :).

26 minutes ago, Frank Schnibben said:

Daring indeed :). Jack, when placing that default carrier model I thought of guys like you. If there are no high bridges, there must be something comparable. You could also try landing on the moving AI USCG cutter btw. (just don't try it with a Mooney ...).

Thank you Frank!  That was most considerate of you to do this and I'm really glad you did.  I didn't know there was a moving cutter other, I'll have to find it, much appreciated sir!

Archived