Checking my vibrance.

olderndirt

'Check your vibrance' - I get that from my wife of 57 years a lot.  My Spitfire shots the other day had fairly pukey ground colors so I ventured out in the freeware Hughes 500 (this thing is very nice).  Barton to Blackpool and I could check out the iconic tower.

Tony Wob's little jewel.

barbla1.png

We have vibrance.

barbla2.png

The city of Blackpool with the Cumbria Lake District as background.

barbla3.png

After flying the shoreline several times - no tower.  Oh POI man :wacko:.

barbla4.png

11 minutes ago, flyingleaf said:

Very nice shots indeed OND. I still don't know how a thing that looks like an eggbeater can stay up there. Like I mentioned before: If the wings are travelling faster than the fuselage it's probably a helicopter and therefore "unsafe".:D

I flew fixed wing for 43 years and have never been onboard a helicopter.

3 hours ago, olderndirt said:

Checking that out - I don't even have the north (Victoria) pier.

Make sure your TEGB Central layers in your scenery+packs.ini are in the correct order of:

Custom

Overlay

Orthos

Otherwise the Overlay, if above Custom, maybe masking out the Tower and the pier and the Big Dipper on the coast

1 minute ago, Jon Clarke said:

Make sure your TEGB Central layers in your scenery+packs.ini are in the correct order of:

Custom

Overlay

Orthos

Otherwise the Overlay, if above Custom, maybe masking out the Tower and the pier and the Big Dipper on the coast

I see that now - in fact most of TE stuff needs reinstalling.  I do have the tower shadow though :).

3 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

Just attach your scenery_packs.ini and I will check it out for you.I don't see why you may need to reinstall.

Right now, I'm in the midst of regretting using a renaming and alphabet assigning method for organizing my scenery.  It was great 'til I tried installing the first Orbx scenery after the change - didn't recognize any of the renamed stuff and eventually became a mess.  While I'm cleaning this up, I purchased the latest 'Organizer' software so we'll see how that does.  Had the freeware version and didn't like it but this looks more user friendly.  How're things in Hereford?  I was a Scottish lad once but have spent the past 66 years in the US.

6 hours ago, olderndirt said:

Right now, I'm in the midst of regretting using a renaming and alphabet assigning method for organizing my scenery.  It was great 'til I tried installing the first Orbx scenery after the change - didn't recognize any of the renamed stuff and eventually became a mess.  While I'm cleaning this up, I purchased the latest 'Organizer' software so we'll see how that does.  Had the freeware version and didn't like it but this looks more user friendly.  How're things in Hereford?  I was a Scottish lad once but have spent the past 66 years in the US.

Things are fine in Hereford thanks:)

I know the software organiser you refer to and I don't use it as I trust my own judgement. I used the freeware version for a day and saw all kinds of "differences" in .ini layering structure than I would have done. 

You can never " once" have been a Scotsman. You know they say "Once a Scotsman always a Scotsman" You just happen to be a Scotsman with US citizenship, residence, and loyalties and allegiance. Good on you:lol:

Archived