I luv Catalina - Warning, 30 shots P3D

Jack Sawyer

P3D 4.5

Orbx Global, Vector, N/A LC, California, Trees, Buildings, KAVX

Weather - AS4

MilViz Bell

I got carried away a couple ion weeks ago because I really love this Orbx area.

tsxY6a3.jpg

jGncwL4.jpg

InIwZ9j.jpg

qKOlFUi.jpg

eQ65Yi0.jpg

G4nLpp7.jpg

vvARo7E.jpg

6tOQist.jpg

9NTPef0.jpg

iA1DbO1.jpg

lKnwaeu.jpg

g5DL0LX.jpg

8bey70G.jpg

a1FO0l1.jpg

ZIuyXkQ.jpg

3Gre4aR.jpg

d3aS6y4.jpg

qvhrDve.jpg

uU2IZh8.jpg

vBVkx8l.jpg

OvpuBQB.jpg

F65623j.jpg

CUQpQIC.jpg

y5ID3zh.jpg

LCgbuza.jpg

WXP13jd.jpg

5or1dPQ.jpg

6h5B8pn.jpg

i0GVo3R.jpg

TUPfxY8.jpg

2 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks John, this island is amazing,  I wish I could visit it someday.

It is a very cool place to visit , plus not many cars on the Island either :

Waiting Times

It currently takes about 20 years for a vehicle import application to get to the top of the list, according to the Catalina Island Chamber of Commerce. There is, however, no set time for the waiting list, so you could wait longer. There are separate waiting lists for residential vehicles and commercial vehicles. Importing an autoette doesn't provide any loopholes either. The vehicle waiting lists apply to both cars and autoettes. While ferries travel regularly from Los Angeles and Orange County to Avalon and Two Harbors regularly, they accommodate passengers only. If you're importing a vehicle, you have to arrange for private transportation

John

1 minute ago, BradB said:

It is a very cool place to visit , plus not many cars on the Island either :

Waiting Times

It currently takes about 20 years for a vehicle import application to get to the top of the list, according to the Catalina Island Chamber of Commerce. There is, however, no set time for the waiting list, so you could wait longer. There are separate waiting lists for residential vehicles and commercial vehicles. Importing an autoette doesn't provide any loopholes either. The vehicle waiting lists apply to both cars and autoettes. While ferries travel regularly from Los Angeles and Orange County to Avalon and Two Harbors regularly, they accommodate passengers only. If you're importing a vehicle, you have to arrange for private transportation

John

I read they have tons of golf carts there.  And you also have to be rich so that counts me out :lol:

Great shots,  Jack ! 

I never realized there is so much detail to see in this area. I like P3D for it's 'brightness' both outside and inside the VC - something which many competitors seem to lack in the daylight hours.

My ATI 7970 finally died, after 9 years of service. So stuck on the ground without anything to fly atm. Thinking of picking up a GeForce 1660Ti to tide me over for a few months until I find out what's going to happen with MFS 2020 which should tell me how to proceed with my new build, as I would only be interested in having one sim on it on a dedicated drive.

1 minute ago, MZee1960 said:

Great shots,  Jack ! 

I never realized there is so much detail to see in this area. I like P3D for it's 'brightness' both outside and inside the VC - something which many competitors seem to lack in the daylight hours.

My ATI 7970 finally died, after 9 years of service. So stuck on the ground without anything to fly atm. Thinking of picking up a GeForce 1660Ti to tide me over for a few months until I find out what's going to happen with MFS 2020 which should tell me how to proceed with my new build, as I would only be interested in having one sim on it on a dedicated drive.

Thanks MZ!  Sorry to hear about the card.  A 1660 would be better than mine, very nice.  I agree, this area is so detailed, I could spend a lot of time seeing it all.  I like both XP and P3D and don’t know how 2020 will shake out.  But I do know this, if I have to pay a monthly Xbox Gold fee they can have 2020.  I pay enough monthly fees without having to pay one just to fly a sim.  But that’s just my opinion.

5 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks MZ!  Sorry to hear about the card.  A 1660 would be better than mine, very nice.  I agree, this area is so detailed, I could spend a lot of time seeing it all.  I like both XP and P3D and don’t know how 2020 will shake out.  But I do know this, if I have to pay a monthly Xbox Gold fee they can have 2020.  I pay enough monthly fees without having to pay one just to fly a sim.  But that’s just my opinion.

Hi Jack,  I feel this card is best with my CPU with minimal bottleneck and good price right now also. I can no longer update the CPU without involving a new MB, which then would become a new build, which I will do very soon regardless with many new updated hardware as well, lol !  So for the time being the GPU is the cheapest and easiest fix. Lots of speculation out there re whether or not MFS will be a subscription only sim - I guess we'll find out by the year end. Definitely interesting, (and very confusing)  times ....... if you're shopping for a new sim. They all seem to have their own pluses and minuses.  

3 minutes ago, MZee1960 said:

Hi Jack,  I feel this card is best with my CPU with minimal bottleneck and good price right now also. I can no longer update the CPU without involving a new MB, which then would become a new build, which I will do very soon regardless with many new updated hardware as well, lol !  So for the time being the GPU is the cheapest and easiest fix. Lots of speculation out there re whether or not MFS will be a subscription only sim - I guess we'll find out by the year end. Definitely interesting, (and very confusing)  times ....... if you're shopping for a new sim. They all seem to have their own pluses and minuses.  

I agree MZ.  It’s interesting but what’s really cool for me is how many 64 bit sims we have now with amazing planes and scenery.  I never would have imagined this back in the FSX 32 bit days.  As I type this I’m flying over Orbx’s TE UK and it’s simply amazing and very serene and beautiful.  I was just over Brighton.  I remember it from the movie Quadrophenia.

1 minute ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I agree MZ.  It’s interesting but what’s really cool for me is how many 64 bit sims we have now with amazing planes and scenery.  I never would have imagined this back in the FSX 32 bit days.  As I type this I’m flying over Orbx’s TE UK and it’s simply amazing and very serene and beautiful.  I was just over Brighton.  I remember it from the movie Quadrophenia.

Yes, indeed. The 64 bit pie has become very popular in the sim world and everyone wants a slice.  

1 minute ago, flyingleaf said:

Wow super shots Jack. But there you go again showing off with that upside down ceiling fan:angry::D

Thanks Karl, I love them, a lot.  I am very fortunate to have filled the second most important thing on my bucket list last summer by flying a real one.  And it was awesome.  In the sim it's a great way to see some great details.  They do take a lot of patience and practice though.

Awesome Jack, love that you take the time to explore the detail, Shoutout to Tim for his decision to do this scenery, our second mini True Earth region along with Pago. Lots more detail to find yet Jack. Some assignments for you.

1 Name the yellow sub and the wharf it’s moored at.

2 land and explore the 2 helipads on the island.

3 name the restaurant at Pebbly Beach.

4 photograph the restaurant and pier at Two Harbours.

this message will self destruct after reading.

good luck

2 hours ago, Ken Hall said:

Awesome Jack, love that you take the time to explore the detail, Shoutout to Tim for his decision to do this scenery, our second mini True Earth region along with Pago. Lots more detail to find yet Jack. Some assignments for you.

1 Name the yellow sub and the wharf it’s moored at.

2 land and explore the 2 helipads on the island.

3 name the restaurant at Pebbly Beach.

4 photograph the restaurant and pier at Two Harbours.

this message will self destruct after reading.

good luck

Thanks Ken!  Challenge accepted my friend!  :) 

Archived