The Pacific, the magic hour -- I'm a happy bunny

renault

Awesome shot Pete , one question you might know the answer for - I have noticed a line in the Ocean between maybe shallow water and deeper water . It is showing in your shot I believe .

I have had the same issue also .:unsure::(

Cheers

John

8 hours ago, Neptune6 said:

HA ok you are flying with MAGIC 

Thanks Patrick:)

Ole ' fumble fingers" struck again. Not magic, just luck ...

Cheers

R

6 hours ago, lifejogger said:

A super shot, Beautiful!!!!!!!

Thank you John. Appreciate it

Cheers

R

6 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Looks wonderful Renault!

Thank you Jack

Cheers

R

4 hours ago, BradB said:

Awesome shot Pete , one question you might know the answer for - I have noticed a line in the Ocean between maybe shallow water and deeper water . It is showing in your shot I believe .

I have had the same issue also .:unsure::(

Cheers

John

Thanks John

I don't have an answer yet I'm afraid. I am wondering though if it's possibly  related to the demarcation between the water mask from TE and the water tiles from XPlane .

From what I've read, water colour is not only determined by the any.png water file, but also is a function of a number of other data refs that control "deeper" colouration. Sorry I didn't really understand what it was about, and oddly changing the values of the data refs, didn't change the look of the water at all:huh:

Perhaps if @Tony Wroblewski happens to see this note, he may be able to shed some light on it. I don't recall the blending being that noticeable in TE Washington or the TE GB

But, its a "minor quibble" - TE Oregon is just an outstanding piece of scenery from my perspective!! 

I'm enjoying every minute of it.

Cheers 

Pete

9 hours ago, Dario said:

Wow, incredible colors!! Are you using some modification for the water textures? really an amazing shot! 

Hi Dario

Thanks very much. I'm pleased you enjoyed it

Yes I am modifying the water textures as per the following note:

If you also adjust wave height and wind direction in  the XPlane weather section together with this scriptI've found one can get some nice looking water.  This script does not impact fps as many do, because it does not use the parameter:  set("sim/private/controls/reno/draw_fft_water", 0) -- 0 Turn off 3D water (fps increase but no effects), 1 turn on 3D water .

Turning on 3D water places a very large load on cpu resources, because it is coded to use all additional cores to render the the water animation for the next frame (just load up windows task manager and look at cpu core performance differences with a value of 1 verses 0)

I have other experimental scripts that do use this parameter and when I'm flying inland I can tell easily that I have forgotten to set it back to 0, because I can hear the cooling fans on my machine ramp up. Normally it is silent. Its an easy parameter to turn on and off with the data ref editor as needed which I do as I find that it is  large cpu resource intensive process. 

For this reason I prefer the above script as I can get a nice visual effect without the cpu load.

Thanks for commenting 

Cheers

Renault

9 hours ago, Kev D said:

Lovely shot!

Kev

Thanks Kev!

Cheers

R

1 hour ago, jean marc said:

absolutely gorgeous Renault - surely a very pleasant flight with a such light & sunset :)

Thanks Jean Marc

One thing that Oregon has in abundance are very nice beaches. I enjoy flying along the coast and just enjoying the view in TE Oregon.  It is almost therapeutic :)

Cheers

R

1 hour ago, Stillwater said:

What a fantastic moment, Renault.

It was indeed Gerold :)

It was quite magical

Cheers & thanks for commenting. I appreciate it!

R

On 8/18/2019 at 6:55 PM, renault said:

Hi Dario

Thanks very much. I'm pleased you enjoyed it

Yes I am modifying the water textures as per the following note:

If you also adjust wave height and wind direction in  the XPlane weather section together with this scriptI've found one can get some nice looking water.  This script does not impact fps as many do, because it does not use the parameter:  set("sim/private/controls/reno/draw_fft_water", 0) -- 0 Turn off 3D water (fps increase but no effects), 1 turn on 3D water .

Turning on 3D water places a very large load on cpu resources, because it is coded to use all additional cores to render the the water animation for the next frame (just load up windows task manager and look at cpu core performance differences with a value of 1 verses 0)

I have other experimental scripts that do use this parameter and when I'm flying inland I can tell easily that I have forgotten to set it back to 0, because I can hear the cooling fans on my machine ramp up. Normally it is silent. Its an easy parameter to turn on and off with the data ref editor as needed which I do as I find that it is  large cpu resource intensive process. 

For this reason I prefer the above script as I can get a nice visual effect without the cpu load.

Thanks for commenting 

Cheers

Renault

Thanks Kev!

Cheers

R

Thanks Jean Marc

One thing that Oregon has in abundance are very nice beaches. I enjoy flying along the coast and just enjoying the view in TE Oregon.  It is almost therapeutic :)

Cheers

R

It was indeed Gerold :)

It was quite magical

Cheers & thanks for commenting. I appreciate it!

R

Renault, Thank you very much for your advice on improving the water colors and representation in XP11. That's very kind of you! I will definitely give it a try ! :) 

Archived