Stair Crazy or all you have wanted to know about Stranraer FC but have always been afraid to ask!

VH-KDK

Continuing on from Jack's prison theme!

xnBjqy0.jpg

Right on the tip of the Cherokee's nose is Stair Park football ground, home of Scottish club Stranraer.

Formed in 1870 it is the 3rd oldest in Scotland and amongst the 20th oldest in the world.

Currently playing in the third tier of the SPFL and amongst their few achievements  have been two Second Division titles and the Scottish Challenge Cup.

So there!

They probably still use those balls that had the bladder with inflation tub.  After it was filled, you had to stuff the tube into the case and lace it up.  Genuine leather and like kicking a soggy cannonball when wet.  My personal favorite was  'Hibernian', the Edinburgh hibbies.  My Granps was a Glasgow Rangers man so, when the two played, I went into low profile.  

2 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

I think y'all spelled Hippie's wrong.:rolleyes:

No I didn't.  Back in the early fifties, they were the greatest - when they still had five forwards, their's were the five best Smith, Johnstone, Reilly, Turnbull and Ormond.

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 11:16 AM, Wakashi said:

Martyn, I have to say that I don't know much about Scottish football, I know more now than I ever did.  I do know when I see a great screenshot and I am looking at one right here! :D

Thanks you Roger, I am glad I have enlightened you somewhat.

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 11:38 AM, olderndirt said:

They probably still use those balls that had the bladder with inflation tub.  After it was filled, you had to stuff the tube into the case and lace it up.  Genuine leather and like kicking a soggy cannonball when wet.  My personal favorite was  'Hibernian', the Edinburgh hibbies.  My Granps was a Glasgow Rangers man so, when the two played, I went into low profile.  

Ah the good old leather ball on a cold wet day especially when one hit you hard.

Good to hear that you follow The Cabbage.

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 8:40 AM, flyingleaf said:

Great shot Martyn.:) Let's have toast with a wee drum(Naw, better huge) of the best single Malt.:P:D

That may be a good idea this morning as at the moment it is just above freezing.

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 10:39 AM, Jack Sawyer said:

Nice shot MArtyn and interesting but how does this relate to prison?

Thanks Jack.

Stranraer  play at Stair Park which is close to stir.

Just a play on words.

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 10:47 AM, olderndirt said:

No I didn't.  Back in the early fifties, they were the greatest - when they still had five forwards, their's were the five best Smith, Johnstone, Reilly, Turnbull and Ormond.

The Famous Five.

Archived