The Skypark?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Fatback said:

I'm really looking forward to this so would kinda like to know if it's on hold too so I can manage my expectations. :)

I'm flying for a VA and having a reason to fly makes a huge difference for me and this looks way cool.

Bill Gardiner

Trust me, I can't contain myself. The only thing I want to work on right now is The Skypark...

The are a few things in the works right now that we have to get done before tackling what's left on the todo list for the release of The SkyPark.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know we are getting exited about the release of this soon, and with very little information from the developers as to what they need to do and how soon they will finish this, it makes it really tough.  But, at least they do talk to us once in a while.

First, I don't think skypark is waiting for MS to release the new flight simulator, other wise we wouldn't be setting here having this chat.  Most developers want to get there stuff out as quickly as they can.  They don't make much money on something that isn't released.

Secondly, the one thing I took from that video and other comments from the developers in the past is they want this to release and be polished, that means they want it to be as bug free and ready to go as they can make it.  How many times do developers release something that is like way before it's time?  You buy what ever software package, and for months it just doesn't work 100%?  SkyPark is different, they want it perfect as can be, so you get to start playing right away.  I remember buying scenery for Los Vegas recently, and found some oddities, it wasn't playing right with Orbx scenery.  I had to read some forums, down load a file or two and got it working.  The developers of Skypark don't want us to get a program we are going to have to mess with to get working.  How would you like to get a new phone and have to wake like weeks or months of updates for them to fix it just so you could make a phone call or download a new app?

So lastly, let's just keep an eye out here for updates, but know they want to get this out and we will all help them make there money, at least I hope...  

Well, Skypark is by a different developer then OpenLC Africa/Asia.  Maybe they should get together and encourage each other to get em done...  but that is just a thought.

In the mean time I fight with FSEconomy but get my flights going on.  Maybe by Next Year, I might be happy flying my airplanes and using Skypark?  Don't Know...

Right now with sitting at home for another 5 weeks, I will take SkyPark in it's current state. I will be happy to beta test, download needed patches, take my computer apart and rebuild it, change the oil in my car...whatever it takes to get it to work(ish). It would keep me busy through this time of the shutdown. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Such a shame. They had a great idea and a great UI. I wonder why it's still being advertised on orbxdirect.com?

Personally I cant get on with Airhauler 2. Having to come out of the sim to do anything really wrecks the immersion for me. I need something that is within the simulators interface.

Maybe we are wrong and it's not dead and we will all eat our words, but as there has been no word here or on their own portal for months I don't old out much hope.

Hi all,

The following viewpoints are my own. They don’t represent //42’s or Orbx’s point of view.

The project is far from dead.

With all the changes coming (MSFS, MSFS and MSFS to name a few...), we are shifting our vision a little to better integrate with the new platform.

The ideas are the same but the background integration is different.

This means we are rebuilding our infrastructure again (for a 3rd time now).

We’re also voluntarily staying quiet right now. Microsoft has a tendency to steal ideas and we really want TSP to exist and be unique in this community.

We don’t want to make it fast, we want to make it right. That will take time.

Don’t ever think it’s dead. Our future as a company and as members of this company very much rides on this product.

It will exist, it will be released, it will be awesome... In due times.

Regards,

Keven

20 hours ago, RunShotgun said:

Hi all,

The project is far from dead.

With all the changes coming (MSFS, MSFS and MSFS to name a few...), we are shifting our vision a little to better integrate with the new platform.

The ideas are the same but the background integration is different.

We’re also voluntarily staying quiet right now. Microsoft has a tendency to steal ideas and we really want TSP to exist and be unique in this community.

We don’t want to make it fast, we want to make it right. That will take time.

Don’t ever think it’s dead. Our future as a company and as members of this company very much rides on this product.

It will exist, it will be released, it will be awesome... In due times.

Regards,

Keven

Very pleased to hear! Thanks for responding!

On 6/18/2020 at 2:08 AM, RunShotgun said:

Really strange to say something like that in public as a developer. :blink:

The more you are aparently planing to create an add on for MSFS 2020.

On 6/18/2020 at 10:08 AM, RunShotgun said:

By the time you finished rebuilding, something else will pop up. 

Over the years many of us  have invested big dollars in the hobby,  and will not consider  moving to another  platform  ,  so why not cater for the existing client  Instead to chase for something that  may or may not be of interest to many of us.

Just the thoughts of an oldtimmer , happy to continue to use P3D

5 hours ago, YAMBA1 said:

By the time you finished rebuilding, something else will pop up. 

Over the years many of us  have invested big dollars in the hobby,  and will not consider  moving to another  platform  ,  so why not cater for the existing client  Instead to chase for something that  may or may not be of interest to many of us.

Just the thoughts of an oldtimmer , happy to continue to use P3D

Don’t get me wrong, we will support P3D for sure. It will remain our main focus until MSFS proves to be better in every way for what we want to do. This will take time (and it might not happen at all either). We are rebuilding it to be more independent and not be at the mercy of technical limitations some of those platforms have.

One thing we learned over the past decade as developers in this community is to never put all our eggs in the same basket. One day, one of the platforms we’re working on is going to cease development so we need to think ahead and support multiple platforms.

We have strong ideas in mind. If someone tries to copy it, fine. But we will have a mature software on release and we’re not worried about the success of what we’re building.

On 6/19/2020 at 6:28 AM, wolfko said:

Really strange to say something like that in public as a developer. :blink:

The more you are aparently planing to create an add on for MSFS 2020.

We want to build it for ourselves on MSFS, not for MS or Asobo ;)

On 6/21/2020 at 3:49 PM, wolfko said:

Still strange for a developer to say this publicly.

Why is that strange? I'm a dev myself and can't see any reason not to state something like this publicly. Wanting to keep your business ideas in house is nothing new and no secret..

2 hours ago, wolfko said:

@Phil Morgan

Of course it is okay to keep ideas inhouse, but to say "Microsoft has a tendency to steal ideas" is something completely different.

Where I live one could be sued for such a statement.

....particularly on a developer's own forum which could be taken to represent an official viewpoint.

12 minutes ago, uncle_adolph said:

....particularly on a developer's own forum which could be taken to represent an official viewpoint.

Those viewpoints are my own. They don’t represent //42’s point of view or Orbx’s point of view.

Hello everyone, I for one have given up on buying anything sense hearing the announcement form Microsoft for the new sim.  I read most of the comments, and people are worried that this will end up like SimAir...  There are two projects out there that will give you something like simair, but according to rex simair is totalled...  a plane that never flew....

As far as if this will support P3D, a resent major update to P3D has sent this "SkyPark" to make sure it's working.  Also with the event of the new MS sim, we can safely put FSX (and the steam edition) to rest once and for all...  FS9 had better hardware support and it's been put to rest as well.

I sure hope that Parallel 42 gets all the bugs worked out when they release it.  I like the concept and I also understand why they are delaying it...

In the mean time I have a program I use and recommend, it's ProjectFly...  gives you destinations based on where your flying from and what you want to fly....  they have schedules of most of the major airlines so you can find something, or just create your own destinations.  I gave up on FSEconomy months ago because it was just not really that fun, and FSairlines because it's not as fun to do an airline alone all the time.

Please don't rag on Parallel 42, just cause the made a big mistake in giving us a release date and all...  they will give us a great package from the beginning....  but not before it is totally ready...  

isn't this going to be great, moving from graphics that are over 10 years old to all brand new stuff......

Keep the blue side up....

Archived