The Skypark?

On 8/3/2019 at 9:10 PM, Ivana said:

@YoYo Some technical complexities there, but not at all impossible. I'll pass your feedback on to the billing department =)

Thx.

Please think about this. I suppose its possible. FSX Passenger, famous soft for pax had demo version and it wasnt cheap ;).

Please think also about discounted price for longer period than 1 month - bonus for 3 monts, 6, 1 year :). Just idea.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love your attitude Ivana!   :smile:   Skypark looks to me like the beginning of a fun Virtual world of aviation, catering to many different tastes.  Might cost me two coffees a month, but I'm certainly onboard to give it a go and see what your virtual aviation world looks like.

Does the app allow for some intercommunication with other users?   Not exactly multiplayer but maybe shared stats?

17 hours ago, F737NG said:

Good grief!
Aside from malware or personal data loss, there's very little in Flight Sim that is "urgent".
If the payment arrangement doesn't work for you, don't get it (or wait until it does).

Skypark isn't for me, but I'll drop a few suggestions for feature requests that could make it more appealing.

That's the spirit!

6 hours ago, Rob Abernathy said:

Love your attitude Ivana!   :smile:   Skypark looks to me like the beginning of a fun Virtual world of aviation, catering to many different tastes.  Might cost me two coffees a month, but I'm certainly onboard to give it a go and see what your virtual aviation world looks like.

Does the app allow for some intercommunication with other users?   Not exactly multiplayer but maybe shared stats?

Why thank you @Rob Abernathy! You hit the nail on the head with your description. With regards to intercommunication, it's not something the Skypads can do today, but i'm sure the team would love to hear your idea. I can say with certainty that at one point I saw what look like chat bubbles, but the team confiscated my beta tablet ;)

Perhaps drop it in the Feature Request forum on the Pilot Portal? http://portal.theskypark.com

Keep the great ideas flowing!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/11/2019 at 9:34 PM, Xflyboy said:

We already have FS Economy which is free, and AirHauler by JustFlight.

Paid subscription is a no for me.

I can't get FSEconomy working with P3dV4.5 so we need something else. other programs are too much of a pain but  paying a monthly/annual subscription will put a lot of people off from the start: better I think just to have an up-front price and then, if they need to, charge us for updates - or charge us an initial cost high enough to cover at least a few updates over time. Adding extra complexity before release may just add more bother for the end-user.

I was very interested in this product. But when I see how it is not taken care of requests, then I should rather look for an alternative. Too bad, looked for a real alternative to FSPassenger.

Ich war sehr interessiert an diesem Produkt. Wenn ich aber sehe wie sich gar nicht um Anfragen gekümmert wird, dann sollte ich mich lieber nach einer Alternative umschauen. Schade, sah nach einer echten Alternative zu FSPassenger aus.

On 8/16/2019 at 5:22 PM, Chandy said:

I can't get FSEconomy working with P3dV4.5 so we need something else. other programs are too much of a pain but  paying a monthly/annual subscription will put a lot of people off from the start: better I think just to have an up-front price and then, if they need to, charge us for updates - or charge us an initial cost high enough to cover at least a few updates over time. Adding extra complexity before release may just add more bother for the end-user.

The Skypark is an ecosystem of content so it doesn't really compare to FSEconomy. FSE is a great project targeted at users that want to manage a company and push more paper than we like when we fly. There will be an option to pay yearly that will let it feel more like buying an add-on, than a cup of coffee a month. It's a bit difficult to explain in a quick reply, but over time you'll see what's inside and say OHHHHHH!!!!

giphy.gif

On 8/16/2019 at 9:59 PM, ilyasitu said:

any update regarding skypark ? We are waiting down here

On 8/21/2019 at 1:47 AM, Michele Emer said:

I'm interested too

On 8/24/2019 at 3:09 AM, Morterna said:

Any news ?

Sincerest apologies on the delays to respond here, we're working with Orbx to simplify your path to information.  I'll keep it brief for now, another update will soon be posted to our Pilot Portal which has already launched! Please come and get the latest updates, as well as submit your wildest ideas for the platform here: http://portal.theskypark.com 

giphy.gif

15 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I've been following this thread since it began, I'm curious, any time frame on when it's released?  

Currently the team is in the process of physically relocating to new homes and HQ and this will add some delays from what I hear. Any update that gets posted officially, will likely go out on the Pilot Portal.  http://portal.theskypark.com

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The concept looked geat on the ORBX website, especially as ORBX are one of the few flightsim storefronts whom I trust with my money.

This thread put me off a lot though, the style of posts from a member of the dev team certainly lacked the professionalism that I normally associate with devs working with ORBX.

Even if it Skypark was released now, the complete lack of communication and updates over the last few months fills me with zero confidence the devs could maintain such a project in the long-term.

The promise to work with ORBX to improve communication, followed by yet more silence, followed by the then unannounced disappearing of the site we were constantly told to follow is extremely amateur and more in keeping with shady Steam Early Access titles.

Not really the kind of work I would expect to see ORBX associated with on their storefront.

I've seen that. not tried it yet though.  I really liked the idea of SkyPark as they seemed to be going the less restrictive approach.  Like flying anything we want rather than having to spend hours building up cash or flight hours to earn the type ratings.

I'm guessing with no official response we can consider this software dead? or on hold? it's a shame if so.

Hello everyone!

I wanted to chime in real quick with an update, we've been moving a few walls around to prepare for the grand opening. Unfortunately that meant we had to close off to the public. As things move into place this morning you'll start to see portal.TheSkypark.com come alive again and other web properties as well.  So sorry for the scare and lack of update, sheesh we should post news in this thread too it seems!? =) The next update is coming shortly on the Pilot Portal...and it's a big one. Keven & I have been deeply immersed on the bizdev side...

More soon!

TL;DR We're not dead, making moves, kicking butt & very much alive. Currently testing new build with closed group of testers!

Edson //42

Thank you guys for letting us know here what was going on, I've been watching over at the Pilot Portal and there wasn't any announcements posted.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm happy to be waiting for the big release, as this shows way more promise then SimAir, and will be updated to what ever sim we currently use, so no outdated databases (i.e. FS9, FSX) and will give us freedom to use what we already have in our sims (hopefully all aircraft).

Great things are always better when you have to wait a few days longer for them, so hang in there and they will deliver.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, this delay is really dragging on.  I know this isn't anything like what REX did for to us...  that went on for years and they never released it.  Infact, during an interview on SkyBlueRadio, I had ask if it was dead and the person said not really.  Well, RIP to REX.  With the new sim we wont need scenery or enhancements like what REX puts out.

Now onto Skypark, I would love to give this the big test and review for my friends.  Everyone is waiting to find out if this program will replace failing websites like fseconomy and bring us into the modern world of Flight Simming…  I do plan to buy the new sim when MS puts it out (subscribe that is).  I would love to add this to that list as well...  I'm sure you guys are busy but us fans and future fans (a.k.a. customers) need to have some idea please.

Archived