The Skypark?

This does look pretty cool, and I like the dimension it could add to flight simming. I fly both commercial and GA, and I really like the idea of adding missions and a purpose to these flights for greater immersion. I also like that you can prefer custom scenery. Seems like a great way to explore many of my add-on airports and scenery.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/15/2019 at 1:21 PM, IvanaFly said:

The Skypark is built to maximize single player experiences with my voice,  loadmaster interactions, and on-screen cues. You can however mute our audio channel via The Transponder if you prefer a sterile cockpit.

I hope you realize not everyone can hear well and have made allowances for the hearing impaired so we are still able to experience and understand whatever the vocal interactions are.

7 hours ago, Breeze said:

I hope you realize not everyone can hear well and have made allowances for the hearing impaired so we are still able to experience and understand whatever the vocal interactions are.

An overlay in the top left corner gives you a transcript of all character interactions. It's this level of detail that sets our team of nerds apart from others, you won't miss a beat! 

afOFFVR.png

9 hours ago, pvupilot said:

I love the idea and added experience/life to the sim. However, I stay away from subscription based games (and most subscription anything, they all add up quick) so this is a bummer to hear. 

The Skypark functions much like a modern real world service application would. It has a heavy reliance on cloud infrastructure, combine that with constant input from the team to create amazing content and you get to enjoy what makes it feel "alive".  There are games that are purchased, beaten and forgotten, and there are games that live on without end due to rich content creation and a persistent world, I'm definitely a product of the latter.

Is Skypark similar to FSCaptain? and or similar to PMDG Global flight Operations? 

Trying to figure the new options.  Yes, I know I have to wait for Skypark and PMDG Global Flight Operations...(just basing on the whatever info is publicly available)

On 6/16/2019 at 3:16 PM, IvanaFly said:

I'm sorry you feel that way but does my name really matter that much? The future of our industry is in the hands of the youth discovering flight, we all started somewhere. Surely you find no harm in growing the community while being entertained yourself with a purpose? I'll pass on your thoughts to Larry "The Loadmaster" too...

I apoligise if I offended you Ivana, but it's nothing personal! However I do think it matters. In fact it takes away the realism of the simulator. If there was an option to select a couple of characters besides IvanaFly that catered for a older teenagers and adults, than I wouldn't strongly object to the existing voice over characters to cater for a younger audience! 

How does Skypark decide what size cargo to offer us?  Do we tell it what plane we are going to fly and it will generate cargo for the size of plane?  Also will we be able to choose a home base?  I'd love the idea of say bringing a larger cargo plane full of products to a larger airport and then using smaller aircraft to distribute the items out to smaller airfields and communities.

Yep if it’s a monthly price thing then thats a no no from me as well. To tell the truth I don’t know why Orbx bothered with this sort of thing seeing as there are other like options out there. I would think it’s another thing that would interest a few people and like before get bored with it in time. But that’s just my opinion. Derek.

It looks to me like it's a FAR simpler version of FSEconomy with all the aircraft renting and purchasing built right in to the sim using a slick, more modern UI. If so, count me in. FSEconomy is far to complicated to get setup, and this looks much easier. I'd happily buy a dev a few drinks each month for maintaining something that is more user friendly, and much more up to date.

On 6/19/2019 at 7:53 PM, Airwolf said:

Is Skypark similar to FSCaptain? and or similar to PMDG Global flight Operations? 

Trying to figure the new options.  Yes, I know I have to wait for Skypark and PMDG Global Flight Operations...(just basing on the whatever info is publicly available)

It's similar to neither really. In fact if you wish to use those products in conjunction with your time on The Skypark that's perfectly ok!

On 6/20/2019 at 12:23 AM, jasonr71 said:

I apoligise if I offended you Ivana, but it's nothing personal! However I do think it matters. In fact it takes away the realism of the simulator. If there was an option to select a couple of characters besides IvanaFly that catered for a older teenagers and adults, than I wouldn't strongly object to the existing voice over characters to cater for a younger audience! 

It's ok no offence taken, what If I told you you could just call me Ivana?

On 6/20/2019 at 1:09 PM, Andayle said:

How does Skypark decide what size cargo to offer us?  Do we tell it what plane we are going to fly and it will generate cargo for the size of plane?  Also will we be able to choose a home base?  I'd love the idea of say bringing a larger cargo plane full of products to a larger airport and then using smaller aircraft to distribute the items out to smaller airfields and communities.

- The ecosystem is driven by real world trade markets. You're getting genuine supply/demand items with a sprinkle of special interest cargo items for a bit of fun.

- Like being an Amazon delivery driver, we don't care what car you drive, as long as you can get our cargo to the destination. Your fleet is yours, paid in full, use the entire hangar worth of aircraft for ever changing experiences.

- No home base, as there would be no benefit to doing so, you're not building a company or managing routes. We do that, you simply fly.

- That's what we call multi-aircraft, and quite often you may need to do that, get creative, get it done, but do it on time!

On 6/24/2019 at 4:58 AM, Phill Morgan said:

It looks to me like it's a FAR simpler version of FSEconomy with all the aircraft renting and purchasing built right in to the sim using a slick, more modern UI. If so, count me in. FSEconomy is far to complicated to get setup, and this looks much easier. I'd happily buy a dev a few drinks each month for maintaining something that is more user friendly, and much more up to date.

This guy gets it!

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115d1abad9786278426b

On 6/22/2019 at 1:41 AM, Dadtom65 said:

Yep if it’s a monthly price thing then thats a no no from me as well. To tell the truth I don’t know why Orbx bothered with this sort of thing seeing as there are other like options out there. I would think it’s another thing that would interest a few people and like before get bored with it in time. But that’s just my opinion. Derek.

Dear Orbx,

Please don't make anymore airports as there are other like options out there. But that's just his opinion. Ivana.

jk

giphy.gif

Really looking forward to this, currently use FXeconomy which is ok, probably better for those engaged in virtual airlines but I'm not inclined to get wrapped up in that.  A well polished, continually updated app. with the multiple facets that Skypark looks like it will offer fills a big hole in the hobby, I bet this might be a dark horse that will be a much bigger deal long term than the buzz generated to date, I'm rooting anyway.

Montly fee on the level 14$? Ups.... :wacko:

Not for me. Maybe if You will add demo version for 2 weeks I can try, but the fee level is too high.

The idea is nice, I prefer bush flying or beteween small airports so perhaps this soft it could be for me but the bussines idea with monthly fee I think its a bad option especially that we have near similar product like Just Flight Air Hauler.

3 hours ago, macca22au said:

I am amused by the virtuous complaining about a monthly fee.  I pay one to Navigraph, and, yes Netflix.  And if I like MFS2020 I'll pay that too.  Check your perfection carefully.

I don’t see any virtue signaling here, just people saying that it is too expensive or that the cost exceeds the benefit for them. Shouldn’t they if this is the case ? 

Okay, I so far like what I see.  This is a system that will give me better options then FSEconomy, in FSE there are a lot of locations it will send you (when trying to make extra money with the VIP) that are really small and out of the way, it's almost too extreme, you will go from one airport 700 - 800 miles to land on a grass or gravel strip.  In sky park, it will allow you to fly to only payware, sector added or free airport pack airports that have better conditions.  This sounds great.

As far as the $10 per month, just a shot in the bucket, I pay for my navigraph subscription including charts, I pay to be on PilotEdge, this isn't that much and if I don't like the voice, I don't have to listen.  Maybe in time they will give us other choices...

My question is, how soon.  You said the summer, but is that summer north of the equator or south?  I tell you why I am interested, I have been waiting for years for REX to do something and they dropped it, this sounds more fun.  And from a company that offers quality products.

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, wings138 said:

Hello?  could someone please answer the question my last question about the release?  are we talking about this coming out in the next month or in six months?

Hi @wings138 ! Sorry for the delay, both in response and release! Our official statement is Summer 2019, that would be a California Summer (Jun 21-Sep 23), you know... the best summer!

20 hours ago, paul.okwii said:

Hi,

Will the skypark allow me to fly a 787 or 777 or C172 or 747

Thanks

You could fly a shoe if you wanted to =) So YES! You control your entire fleet and what you want to fly when, all we care about is you delivering on time.

9 hours ago, IvanaFly said:

Hi @wings138 ! Sorry for the delay, both in response and release! Our official statement is Summer 2019, that would be a California Summer (Jun 21-Sep 23), you know... the best summer!

Sounds great.  I look forward to giving this the text book try out and see how it works for me.  

hi 

I have a question? i am mostly in school and i dont have my simulator so if i subscribe it will keep charging me every month yet i am not using it so. would it remember my information if i unsubscribe and then subscribe again later. Because i dont have money to keep paying every month if i am in school and dont use my simulator. 

Thanks 

Paul

On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 10:21 PM, IvanaFly said:

... you can add some filters and ask me for more. If you have a VERY specific flight you want to do, let me know what ICAO's via the filters and I'll try to find you a job there. ... you get to where you want to go. ...

Interesting to hear about this new project.

There is one thing I missed in all the other similar addons (which have already been mentioned) leading to me not using all of them eventually. I hope it will be included in Skypark.

It is the option to easily define a list of airports that will exclusively be used by Skypark.

I'm not sure if the "prefer custom scenery" option already delivers that, or if it just takes all addon airports it finds. The latter would be a good start but I would still want to be able to exclude some of the addon airports and add some default ones.

Could you please include such an option?

On 8/1/2019 at 7:53 AM, david broome said:

Looks interesting. Not sure I could put up with the inane attempts at humour and dodgy voice acting though - or is that just the tutorial?

@david broome I'm a real person you know! Is it acting if I really do what I do? Hopefully you get a bit more used to my voice, as I'll be the one to impress for the better jobs.

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115d45cdd0594f4e556f

Virtually at least...

Ivana

PS: You can also just mute us and read the on-screen captions.

6 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

Interesting to hear about this new project.

There is one thing I missed in all the other similar addons (which have already been mentioned) leading to me not using all of them eventually. I hope it will be included in Skypark.

It is the option to easily define a list of airports that will exclusively be used by Skypark.

I'm not sure if the "prefer custom scenery" option already delivers that, or if it just takes all addon airports it finds. The latter would be a good start but I would still want to be able to exclude some of the addon airports and add some default ones.

Could you please include such an option?

@RALF9636 Some absolutely fabulous ideas here! Our Pilot Portal is now open, please submit them for the team to consider and prioritize! We've set up a forum for YOU to drive the content and features. I'll let Edson tell you all about that in his welcome message: https://portal.theskypark.com/blogs/entry/7-welcome-to-the-pilot-portal/

-Ivana

On 7/31/2019 at 11:07 PM, paul.okwii said:

hi 

I have a question? i am mostly in school and i dont have my simulator so if i subscribe it will keep charging me every month yet i am not using it so. would it remember my information if i unsubscribe and then subscribe again later. Because i dont have money to keep paying every month if i am in school and dont use my simulator. 

Thanks 

Paul

We'd love to hear more about how this scenario should work to accommodate your specific needs, please submit this feedback on our Pilot Portal under Feature Requests: http://portal.theskypark.com

11 hours ago, YoYo said:

If the level of monthly fee is too high what about demo version for example for two weeks? Try before to buy?

@YoYo Some technical complexities there, but not at all impossible. I'll pass your feedback on to the billing department =)

1 hour ago, paul.okwii said:

i have asked the question on the offical website but no one has responded. It is urgent i need to make a dicision now  

Good grief!
Aside from malware or personal data loss, there's very little in Flight Sim that is "urgent".
If the payment arrangement doesn't work for you, don't get it (or wait until it does).

Skypark isn't for me, but I'll drop a few suggestions for feature requests that could make it more appealing.

Archived