UT97iWl.jpg

hPB0Mq9.jpg

xmQeqBa.jpg

D720n7m.jpg

ezFQS2y.jpg

V0gs3B7.jpg

68KY7RG.jpg

f022Iue.jpg

To initiate the Beta descent you want to be about 8,000 AGL.

Slow to flap extension speed and extend full flaps.

Enter a nose down attitude, I suggest you keep at least 80 KIAS.

Engage Beta and maintain airspeed with the flap operating and range an well above stall.

Plan your descent so that you can shallow out the dive at make a normal approach to the runway.

Greg

53 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

These are so awesome Greg!  It’s so unconventional but very cool, do they fly like this for real?

Yes they fly this way for real. They are able to be back on the ground before the sky divers they dropped. 

Greg

29 minutes ago, TigerTigerM said:

How does this Beta thing work?

I assume its reversing the prop direction in midair?

So you toggle ? that in as you nose over?, then toggle it out when you flatten out to land,?

TTM

You are correct you engage reverse in the air. That is why you have to watch the airspeed so close. If you are too slow you will stall and spin. You come out of beta for the approach and landing.

Greg

38 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

I hope that everything is well and truly strapped down in your Porter.:ph34r:

Exhilarating to look at, must have been a blast to fly!:o:o:lol:

It is truly a blast Marytn!

Greg

6 minutes ago, gregmorin said:

Yes they fly this way for real. They are able to be back on the ground before the sky divers they dropped. 

Greg

That is interesting Greg.:)

If the pilot isn't secured he will be back on the ground before the plane lands!:o:ph34r::ph34r::wacko:

1 hour ago, gregmorin said:

You are correct you engage reverse in the air. That is why you have to watch the airspeed so close. If you are too slow you will stall and spin. You come out of beta for the approach and landing.

Greg

I understand the prop is fixed pitch, so you don't feather it then slip into reverse thrust.?

Or have I got that wrong?

If its not feathered then it must be a h-ll of a strong gearbox to take the loads.

TTM

13 minutes ago, TigerTigerM said:

I understand the prop is fixed pitch, so you don't feather it then slip into reverse thrust.?

Or have I got that wrong?

If its not feathered then it must be a h-ll of a strong gearbox to take the loads.

TTM

The prop is a constant speed not feathered.  It must be a very strong gear box.:D

Greg

That’ll chase the chickens away, used to watch the sky divers at Cessnock the Porter frequently beat them down, awesome machine

great flying and screenshots, hope Milviz sells heaps of them, I got mine yesterday and it is superb, sounds are so real.

thanks again Greg

cheers

8 minutes ago, Ken Hall said:

That’ll chase the chickens away, used to watch the sky divers at Cessnock the Porter frequently beat them down, awesome machine

great flying and screenshots, hope Milviz sells heaps of them, I got mine yesterday and it is superb, sounds are so real.

thanks again Greg

cheers

Thanks Ken

Greg

Archived