The Toibo Arrow :)

Jack Sawyer

Another set of great shots Jack, you certainly seem to be enjoying XPlane right now

As I said last week..... It will be interesting to see which one you fly more in a few weeks time, once the transition period is over and you have XPlane working the way you like. I flew P3D and FSX for years, but for me, personally I find the flight model in XPlane 11 is closer to real life, especially if you enable the new experimental flight model characteristics in XPlane settings, and you use the Reality Expansion Packs. The jump in quality from XP10 to XP11 is huge and I gave up on XP10 many times, always returning to FSX/P3D, but now I'm spending more time in XP11, and after recently purchasing the Toliss A319 and the FlightFactor 767, its nice to see that study level aircraft are finally on the platform too. 

14 minutes ago, TerryM said:

Another set of great shots Jack, you certainly seem to be enjoying XPlane right now

As I said last week..... It will be interesting to see which one you fly more in a few weeks time, once the transition period is over and you have XPlane working the way you like. I flew P3D and FSX for years, but for me, personally I find the flight model in XPlane 11 is closer to real life, especially if you enable the new experimental flight model characteristics in XPlane settings, and you use the Reality Expansion Packs. The jump in quality from XP10 to XP11 is huge and I gave up on XP10 many times, always returning to FSX/P3D, but now I'm spending more time in XP11, and after recently purchasing the Toliss A319 and the FlightFactor 767, its nice to see that study level aircraft are finally on the platform too. 

Thanks Terry, why do you like to Toliss over the FF?  Asking for a friend...:ph34r:

3 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Terry, why do you like to Toliss over the FF?  Asking for a friend...:ph34r:

A friend of mine had the FF 767, which I saw and absolutely loved, so I bought it as well.  

The Toliss A319 is still relatively new (only 1 yr old), but I saw a video from Q8Pilot who recommended it (an earlier version) and after some research, its seems that the developer is very active and working hard on the model (8 updates in the last year) and is also listening to the community, which is nice to see, plus it has an automatic updater built in, so you don't have to go searching, downloading and copying over files; this might seem simple, but it's little touches like this that make me think the developer wants us to have a nice experience with their software. The current version (v1.3) came out last week, has resolved most of the previous issues, and now makes use of the new engine dynamics of 11.30, plus its has a nice way to inject faults into many systems. 

Its definitely worth looking at (https://store.x-plane.org/ToLiss-319_p_762.html#tab-9, and I'm very happy with it :)

And for a good comparison by an Airbus pilot, try this which is the previous version of the Toliss (v1.2)

42 minutes ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

That weather reminds me of many days and months in the Pacific Northwest, Jack. After we had lived in the Puget Sound area for twenty years, I thought grey was blue.

Thanks Rodger, with all the rain here lately I’ve been wondering if I was in Seattle!

6 hours ago, Ken Hall said:

Another interesting flight Jack, ASXP does a great job, there’s some real momentum among developers for XP at the moment.

Thanks Ken, I'v seen that in the flight sim news, it looks like XP is going to be quite the contender for P3D, I love them both but this competition is always good for we consumers.

Archived