Filou's new xV preset, new 11.32 water shaders

John Venema

I am using the XP11.32 beta which seems to have improved the water and reflection shaders quite a bit. Combined with Filou's latest xVision preset and my UWXP settings, I thought I would show you what I mean about the water. This is my home area, over Portsmouth and Southampton.

Cessna_172SP_6.jpg

Cessna_172SP_5.jpg

Cessna_172SP_4.jpg

Cessna_172SP_3.jpg

Cessna_172SP_2.jpg

Cessna_172SP_16.jpg

Cessna_172SP_15.jpg

Cessna_172SP_14.jpg

Cessna_172SP_13.jpg

Cessna_172SP_12.jpg

Cessna_172SP_10.jpg

Cessna_172SP_9.jpg

Cessna_172SP_8.jpg

Cessna_172SP_7.jpg

These look great John but is there a way to turn off the cloud water reflections?

One more question, can you or FILOU provide step by step instructions on what to buy and how to achieve this?  Because if you or he does then I’ll buy XP and all the Orbx stuff.  

No you cannot turn off the cloud reflections, they come on first, followed by trees, buildings etc. I’m not sure why you would want to, they certainly are reflected in the real world.

As for needing help to convince you to try XP11, it’s far less daunting than you’d think. XVision is like PTA to use (it’s written by the same author), and UWXP has no preset function so you just copy Filou’s slider settings.

For VMI-Twick VR, my post includes my presets so nothing to do there either.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2/25/2019 at 4:03 AM, John Venema said:

No you cannot turn off the cloud reflections, they come on first, followed by trees, buildings etc. I’m not sure why you would want to, they certainly are reflected in the real world.

As for needing help to convince you to try XP11, it’s far less daunting than you’d think. XVision is like PTA to use (it’s written by the same author), and UWXP has no preset function so you just copy Filou’s slider settings.

For VMI-Twick VR, my post includes my presets so nothing to do there either.

John, following your “all time best XP11 tweak” post I installed VMI Twick VR together with FlyWithLUA and was very impressed. Yesterday following a suggestion by @renault I purchased xVision purely to solve the “x-ray trees” issue and also pleased with this as it has solved this tree problem for me. I have also found I like many other improvements.

However I now see that VMI Twick VR has been disabled and a search has suggested that the two can be made to work together, but no clues have been given as to how this may be achieved. 

Would you please point me in the right direction here if you can.

Cheers Anton.

5 hours ago, antonvs said:

John, following your “all time best XP11 tweak” post I installed VMI Twick VR together with FlyWithLUA and was very impressed. Yesterday following a suggestion by @renault I purchased xVision purely to solve the “x-ray trees” issue and also pleased with this as it has solved this tree problem for me. I have also found I like many other improvements.

However I now see that VMI Twick VR has been disabled and a search has suggested that the two can be made to work together, but no clues have been given as to how this may be achieved. 

Would you please point me in the right direction here if you can.

Cheers Anton.

Hi Anton,

What I have found is that when I load a new solution into XPlane from XVision ...VR Twick disappears from the side menu in XP and to get VR Twick back I have to remove the VR Twick entries in the Resources/Plugins/LUA/ scripts folder (after I back them up) and then put them back in (when XP is shut down).  Then the VR Twick shows up again in the side menu. A small pain but at least it kind of discourages me from playing around tooo much with XVision. :)

Archived