Complaint re Loch Ness - TE GB North & "Nessie"

Fizzelle

I think ORBX has made a mistake in the depiction of this region of Scotland. Quite clearly, when the light is right, there's a calm air and it's nil precipitation, the Loch Ness Monster's head and neck can be seen poking above the water. Careful research has led me to the conclusion that ORBX has depicted the wrong "monster". There are two pictures below: The first depicts a Mauisaurus which, as anyone with even a rudimentary knowledge of the pre-historic era knows, can only be found in the waters off New Zealand. It cannot therefore be found in Loch Ness! A picture of this hapless creature is here below.

qtKjYJE.jpg

The other picture below is a "Cryptid" which is closely related to the "Plesiosaur" and, in my opinion is what should have been depicted. I think ORBX should correct this anomaly in a special Service Pack right away.  I am, of course, open to debate and other opinions but, as a scholar and a gentleman, I'm right as always. Now who was it sang. "The English, the English, the English are best..."

20OrPXl.jpg

• 1 month later...

Totally disagree....more eggs are needed. 

Needed examples:   A guillotine execution in the Paris scenery.

A witch burning at Salem

Rome burning with Nero in the background fiddling

The "Jaws" shark ripping a rowboat and its occupant to pieces.

Just a few of the exciting possibilities.:DeadHorse:

Interesting stuff like that..... real life to amuse and stimulate the bored ORBX developers .

Nessie was a prank by the locals and it brought in tourist dollars so their the tradition continues, if having Nessie in the sim increases sales revenue so be it, as that was what Nessie was meant to do all along, brings in more revenue. B)

Anyone should cash in on Nessie from local tour operators to ORBX or anyone else, Nessie doesn't have a trademark or likeness rights so this is a free reign money maker 

giphy.gif

Napoleon: Last week, Japanese scientists explaced... placed explosive detonators at the bottom of Lake Loch Ness to blow Nessie out of the water. Sir Curt Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake and its residents, and all those who seek a peaceful existence with our underwater ally.

Goodness me Lawrence.  You are so bloodthirsty.  I used to have a mate once who was curator of the Loch Ness Monster museum up there and he's never seen it either.   And if there was such a thing, I'd be surprised if they could get Donald Campbells car in near pristine condition out of the water the way they did last year or the year before?

'If you mean Donald Campbell's jet powered boat, that was Coniston Water in England.'

No wonder they didn't find the monster had tampered with Donald Campbells boat in Loch Ness then Christoper....err...I think.

I know I'm a confused 86 year old but I know I don't think 'Nessie' exists anywhere except in the minds of romantics.

2 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Is it true that our Nick Cooper is an Easter Egg?

HAHA but in Nick's culture calling someone an egg isn't a good thing. In the USA it doesn't have any meaning though

Nick will be fine, he is thick skinned B)

10 hours ago, Matthew Kane said:

HAHA but in Nick's culture calling someone an egg isn't a good thing. In the USA it doesn't have any meaning though

Nick will be fine, he is thick skinned B)

Thanks for the correction, Matthew. I had no idea. And my apologies to Nick. I should have said Easter Bunny?

15 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Thanks for the correction, Matthew. I had no idea. And my apologies to Nick. I should have said Easter Bunny?

No worries, I've had many examples of cultural differences in my lifetime as well. As long as there was no intent in the first place then no harm was intended, which was clearly the case here. B)

Archived