New Update for Essa brings Fuzzy taxiway ground textures?

7 hours ago, erikac said:

Thanks for the file. Had same issue myself with the ground texture as everyone above and that solved that.

Seems like the reason why people have this issue is because they use an add-on called Tomato which makes it look bad. A friend of mine who doesn't use tomato didn't have this issue on the ground. So my recommendation is, either get rid of tomato or fly with a broken Arlanda because of tomato.

Thanks

I dont have tomato...

7 hours ago, vibraman said:

may i ask for what is the update then, if the ground markings are not correct?

I dont have any idea what the question means. You mean what is the update as such if the ground markings are not correct? There is SODE, there are new vehicles, better ground textures, etc etc.

Do you mean, what is the fix-file? It just takes away the flickering ground.

Enjoy.

thanks for the fix it solved the problem with the ground texture.i still don´t get if you update the scenery to have sode jetways to use (which is the major part of the update) why you left wrong ground markings that you can´t use moving jetways? at least on the most gates...

anyway at least you did an update and that´s better than no update. thanks for that too-

20 minutes ago, vibraman said:

thanks for the fix it solved the problem with the ground texture.i still don´t get if you update the scenery to have sode jetways to use (which is the major part of the update) why you left wrong ground markings that you can´t use moving jetways? at least on the most gates...

anyway at least you did an update and that´s better than no update. thanks for that too-

You just can’t use the stop markings in the ground. You just need to stop the plane at the centerline so the aircraft’s main door is aligned with the gate. Then just use SODE and it connects. Really a huge issue?

Gates move. All gates move. It’s like a discotheque with gates on the dance floor 

11 hours ago, Artur S. said:

Hi Marcus,

reinstall solved the issue with blinking textures - thank you very much! HOWEVER! ;)IMHO you should improve AFCAD (?) at least for "heavy stands" ( for 747-400/800, didn't check any others). When I log on stand 17 or 18 - I'm never aligned with the gate, so docking system doesn't work until I "manually" push the plane. IMHO the correct aligned between an aircraft and the gate should be a part of the scenery.

Regards - Artur

2 hours ago, vibraman said:

Hello Guys,

we are in the FS World. (Prepar3dv4 mostly) and things are different than in the real World.

Marcus has explained it really well in his thread how it works.

FTX ESSA 13 a brief guide on how to use the moving gate

Stockholm Arlanda is maybe the airport with the most Typ T and Typ N Jetways. These are the most difficult to adjust in the FS World. In the real World, mostly the Nose Gear or the First Door is used as reference point. So these jetways (2-Way Jetways) will working with nearly every Passenger Aircraft. In the FS World, the reference Point is mostly in the middle (or near the middle) of the aircraft (depends to the Developer and the aircraft.cfg). It will never work as in real, because an 737-900 is bigger than an 737-600. The door is much further from the reference point than in an 737-900. (the same for every other Aircraft, like 747-400 to the 747-800). Every Gate can be adjusted to one Aircraft (ok, sometimes 2 or 3 are working - 737-800 together with an A320), so it's impossible to expect, every Gate can be used with every aircraft without adjusting the parking position.

I've a lot of airports in my collection (Salt Lake City, Bergen, Puerto Plata, ... are using the same Typ of Jetways), so it's necessary to adjust you parking yourself after loading the scenery. When you load a flight with an 737-800 the Jetway maybe is working, when you load a flight with an 737-600 (SAS has some of these) you need to adjust. In my system I load the PMDG 737-600, the engines are running by default, im move it a little forward mit the throttles, set the parking brake und load the Panel State I wan't (mostly engines off, apu or gpu running). That's the only way it works, in every scenery with this Typ of Jetways. Even on normal jetways (3-Way) you have sometimes to adjust the aircraft parking on some airports by moving. An 737-600 is much shorter than an 747-800. That's the limitation of the FS World, we have to accept.

And don't forget, you need the working Exit section in you aircraft.cfg.

ORBX and every other developer will it never get working  like in real life, it's still not possible.

Thanks for reading and have fun with the new SODE Airports like me

Urmel

2 hours ago, mopperle said:

I think he is talking about the different shadesof grey looking at aerial images. But IMHO negligible, as those things change quite often on a airport

Different  shades of grey yes... saw my humor there?

It's much more dark and nice in the orignal version than the newer updated one.

Sun reflection, different time of day lighting, tons of other factors.  I live in a desert area U.S.  The tarmac at my real world airports change "appearance" several times a day (color, brightness, etc) just like the surrounding mountains.  And the real-world people here recently repaved a section of my real world home airport here.  It now has a different color than my sim airport developed a year ago has.  My flight sim scenery may/may not reflect the real-world for any given time period.  But considering 30 years ago when I started all this flight simming stuff my entire airport was a rectangular line drawn on a green background, I can live with the minor differences I see in my "somewhat" more complex sim airports today.

Fly.  Have fun.  Don't sweat the small stuff.  The ORBX guy marshalling my parking in P3D doesn't look like the real guy doing it at my real world airport either.  :D

11 minutes ago, Captain Lars said:

I had flickering terminal textures, too, and double jetways (SODE + static) and got it sorted out with deinstalling (real deinstalling, not just deleting the .txt) and installing again.

I still have the ant war on the runway, though, and will try your fix.

Great,

Yes a complete uninstall and reinstall is neccesary as old files otherwise seems to be stuck in the folders.

7 hours ago, Marcus Nyberg said:

Great,

Yes a complete uninstall and reinstall is neccesary as old files otherwise seems to be stuck in the folders.

Same solution for me with the flickering textures in the rerminal. Just did a full reinstall.

Thanks

As I posted in the thread about flickering terminal buildings, I also had the "myrornas krig" (love that phrase!) both on the asphalt and between the concrete paving slabs on the ramp and didn't know whether it was the same issue or a different one. Clearly it's the latter. Marcus' file fix has dealt with the ants on the asphalt. But they are still there between the paving slabs. In particular those gaps going in a roughly horizontal direction across the screen - those that are more "vertical" (I realise they are all horizontal, but hope you understand what I mean) flicker far less.

By the way, I am still running P3D v4.3.

Any ideas? Thanks.

2 hours ago, westbros said:

As I posted in the thread about flickering terminal buildings, I also had the "myrornas krig" (love that phrase!) both on the asphalt and between the concrete paving slabs on the ramp and didn't know whether it was the same issue or a different one. Clearly it's the latter. Marcus' file fix has dealt with the ants on the asphalt. But they are still there between the paving slabs. In particular those gaps going in a roughly horizontal direction across the screen - those that are more "vertical" (I realise they are all horizontal, but hope you understand what I mean) flicker far less.

By the way, I am still running P3D v4.3.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Hi!

It seems that the normal maps for the ground is not working that good if not using high enough Anti-Aliasing. I removed the normal map from the asphalt for the quick fix but I can remove it from the rest of the ground as well. I'm trying a few different solutions but most likely there will be an option in the configtool to use normal maps or not.

So hold on a few days or so and I will try to get a patch up via FTX Central that should take care of the last issues regarding the ground.

Cheers,

Marcus

24 minutes ago, Marcus Nyberg said:

Hi!

It seems that the normal maps for the ground is not working that good if not using high enough Anti-Aliasing. I removed the normal map from the asphalt for the quick fix but I can remove it from the rest of the ground as well. I'm trying a few different solutions but most likely there will be an option in the configtool to use normal maps or not.

So hold on a few days or so and I will try to get a patch up via FTX Central that should take care of the last issues regarding the ground.

Cheers,

Marcus

Marcus,  What is the minimum anti-aliasing that you would recommend?

9 hours ago, westbros said:

Marcus, for what it's worth my anti-aliasing is set at 4xMSAA.

15 hours ago, Stewart Hobson said:

Marcus,  What is the minimum anti-aliasing that you would recommend?

The higher the better. I use SGSA but needs to be set outside P3D. 4 SSAA seems to work fine, as well as 8 SSAA. There might be other factors involved in the apparenace as well.

Best option is to have the option to have it activated i think :)

Made an example:

aa-example.thumb.jpg.ab5883a847e5324b881c073c1c977123.jpg

2MSAA

203552312_Prepar3D2019-02-0709-29-04.thumb.png.d948869b9378f580b9d660f9ed17faca.png

8SSAA

546067864_Prepar3D2019-02-0709-30-37.thumb.png.8aa8b56d73885d8020db4a7cdadab0b4.png

13 hours ago, Marcus Nyberg said:

The higher the better. I use SGSA but needs to be set outside P3D. 4 SSAA seems to work fine, as well as 8 SSAA. There might be other factors involved in the apparenace as well.

Best option is to have the option to have it activated i think :)

SSAA will solve the problem for some people.  But it is NOT a requirement for everyone.  I use a 4K 65" UHD TV with 8 MSAA now for a variety of reasons.  There are no issues with this (or any other) scenery after applying the fixes you provided.  And I have NO jaggies anywhere in my display.  And for the naysayers...no...I am not sitting all the way across the room 15 feet from the TV.  Try 4 feet away.  Without seeing any "individual pixels".

Since time eternal, too many people on flight sim forums think that what works on THEIR computer is what needs to be done on everybody else's computer.  It has always been one of the most erroneous and misleading form of wrong, poor information and advice that just continues to confuse the masses.

Do what works on your own computer setup.  And when you find what works for you, please try to refrain from posting anything like "This is the Magic Bullet solution for everybody."  THAT is still the most erroneous information being given in flight sim forums.

Note:  This is not criticism towards anyone in particular.  But it is a generic fact in almost all computer forums.

Thanks Marcus. You hit the nail on the head. It was the anti-aliasing. I've increased it to 4xSSAA and the problem is 90% solved. If I increase to 8xSSAA the hit on fps is huge - like a 50% drop. At 4xSSAA I'm still getting around 60 fps at the gate, which is fine. 

By the way, would increasing the AA setting have a positive effect on "myrornas krig" on the asphalt?

14 hours ago, westbros said:

Unfortunately increasing the AA seems to have caused P3D to crash on more than one occasion (not at ESSA I would add). All OK since I switched back to the previous level. Will just have to put up with the ants...

Or you can download this file and replace the one in ORBX/FTX_GLOBAL/FTX_AA_ESSA/Scenery

This will remove normal-maps from the asphalt which causes the "ants"

An official patch is coming with the option to turn this off.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k1vfc0ro5jl9ht6/ESSA_LIB_GRD_P3D.BGL?dl=1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/22/2019 at 7:57 AM, Marcus Nyberg said:

Or you can download this file and replace the one in ORBX/FTX_GLOBAL/FTX_AA_ESSA/Scenery

This will remove normal-maps from the asphalt which causes the "ants"

An official patch is coming with the option to turn this off.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k1vfc0ro5jl9ht6/ESSA_LIB_GRD_P3D.BGL?dl=1

Hi Marcus.

I have uninstalled and installed from FTX Central 3 and same ants all over the place.  Can i ask a question? if this patch from dropbox works, why is not placed in FTX Central3? just curious.

thanks!.

9 hours ago, cartayna said:

Hi Marcus.

I have uninstalled and installed from FTX Central 3 and same ants all over the place.  Can i ask a question? if this patch from dropbox works, why is not placed in FTX Central3? just curious.

thanks!.

It's on its way, we just needed to address a few other things and put it in a patch and do some internal testing so its working.

Apologize it's been taking a few weeks.

Hello Marcus and all,

I had the same problems with flickering buildings. I uninstalled essa and reinstalled which fixed the problem.  I seem to have another one now.  Flickering has gone but at night with landing lights on the taxiways and runway look terrible. All really grainy. Any help pleas.

3 hours ago, Chris lewis said:

Hello Marcus and all,

I had the same problems with flickering buildings. I uninstalled essa and reinstalled which fixed the problem.  I seem to have another one now.  Flickering has gone but at night with landing lights on the taxiways and runway look terrible. All really grainy. Any help pleas.

Please see posts #60 and following for an explanation and solution to come.

Hi!

I know increasing AA from MS to SS will have a rather heavy frame rate impact on many systems, including my own. However I was able to keep MS in P3D but set 8X SS in the Nvidia control panel with no frame drops what so ever and the flickering ground textures still went away. Might be worth a try to have a look at your graphics card settings if you're having issues with the AA settings. 

Archived