True Earth GB South (P3Dv4) - London!

1 hour ago, John Venema said:

Time to show off just how magnificent London looks in P3Dv4.4!

I'll let the screenshots do the talking ...

Looks great!

Couple of points before release I think should be dealt with and can be easily done...

The building circled red should be removed - it was demolished and replaced by this back in 2014 (here's a better picture of the replacement).
It appears that the yellow circled building needs to be rotated so that it is aligned with Blackfriars Bridge and the side with the large bulge points South.

v1mov2U.jpg

blackfriar-p.jpg

Release can't be too far away, it seems.

3 hours ago, John Venema said:

FPS is about 25-27fps with all sliders pulled back one notch. I just created a “London” settings profile that I am still tweaking but there’s no reason you can’t run this at 30fps locked with careful slider management.

LOL really...no go`er for VR then!

5 hours ago, FireRx said:

John,

Will we be having to switch off stuff to make this work? After the Orlando it's better to ask upfront. B)

Generally no.  However it is true that switching off un-needed scenery entries before any flight saves loading time.  With freeware scenery managers it's a breeze.  But the TE sceneries don't have anywhere near the loading times of the Cityscapes if the scenery entries are untouched.  My TE GB South loads in about 3 minutes, so the short answer to your question is No, you won't need to.

There is a pause at 6% to load TEGB in London, but generally loading time is under 3 mins for me.

You need to set your expectations for such a vast city full of objects. I would say most people need to pull back their autogen sliders, turn shadows off and keep pulling back sliders until their FPS is acceptable. Fortunately P3D has an easy way to save your settings so you can simply save, then pull up a “London” profile before loading a flight there.

42 minutes ago, John Venema said:

There is a pause at 6% to load TEGB in London, but generally loading time is under 3 mins for me.

You need to set your expectations for such a vast city full of objects. I would say most people need to pull back their autogen sliders, turn shadows off and keep pulling back sliders until their FPS is acceptable. Fortunately P3D has an easy way to save your settings so you can simply save, then pull up a “London” profile before loading a flight there.

I would much rather Orbx create scenery that is created for future hardware and requires slider compromises now,than will run at full complexity on todays hardware but will never be able to improve :)

1 hour ago, Aeroflux said:

I fly in VR...only...anything with that frame count is of no interest to me.  It looks that more and more people favour VR nowadays so as someone here suggested porting to FS2 will be very nice indeed!

I should imagine that frame rate is only encountered in very dense urban environments and not everywhere across the scenery :)  

Even now hardware is still the limiting factor when it comes to scenery complexity and usability...the good thing is hardware is continually getting better and it should only be a relatively short time before what is unuseablr in any use case now, becomes useable in the future with new kit :)

On 1/16/2019 at 12:02 PM, John Venema said:

FPS is about 25-27fps with all sliders pulled back one notch. I just created a “London” settings profile that I am still tweaking but there’s no reason you can’t run this at 30fps locked with careful slider management.

John is this going to be compatible with UK2000 EGLL, or will the Orbx version of the airport be better?

Archived