Dartmoor for Mark.

VH-KDK

The first part of a flight around Dartmoor as requested by Mark.

1.YbuXEsG.jpg

Some very lush looking forest as we cross the River Plym with Dartmoor on the horizon

2.JX2LcC0.jpg

On the southern edge of the moor are the Whitehill Yeo china clay works.

3.cgBKCte.jpg

Another view as we climb and head to the eastern edge of the moor.

4.rcspXpx.jpg

The River Erm and Butterdon Hill.

5.iVXgPIP.jpg

Over Fox Tor and the upper Plym Valley

6.tY3u5nc.jpg

Princetown and Dartmoor Prison which has been open since 1809.

7.En3d6ms.jpg

Dartmeet a very picturesque and popular tourist area. The East and West Dart Rivers meet here to form the Dart.

8.eDGY2Xd.jpg

Uncle Tom Cobley and all may be seen here at Widecombe made famous by the 1880s folk song Widecombe Fair!

I hope you enjoyed the first part of my tour around Dartmoor.

17 hours ago, lauriebe said:

Excellent tour Martyn.  You beat me to it.   l like your shots better too.

Thanks Laurence, never mind but we would still like to see your images from Dartmoor as no doubt they would show it from different angles from mine.:)

14 hours ago, Mark Abdey said:

These are great! thanks very much Martyn :)  Some very familiar places in these caps. There is a great pub just outside Widecombe if anyone is ever up there, it's called The Rugglestone Inn... one of my favorite pubs anywhere.

Cheers Mark, you cannot beat a traditional pub out in the countryside can you. We used to go to some pleasant ones out in the New Forest, I wonder how many are still there.:unsure:

4 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

Every TE GB trip I see is fields and hedges... that's great because it means that England is really full of hedges. Ecologically extremely valuable, take good care of these.

An astute observation Lars. A very important part of the wildlife in the UK but with broadacre farming the hedgerows are disappearing which is very sad.:(

Archived