Catch me up in Gisborne

Jack Sawyer

Fantastic shots Jack , but the house swap thing might be a non starter for a US citizen :

The Bottom Line

The financial requirements for temporary visas are notably high: Depending on the exchange rate, you need more than $900,000 in investments and maintenance funds to retire in New Zealand, not counting the additional requirement of more than $43,000 in annual income. You’ll likely need more than the required assets and sources of income (including Social Security), to make it work. All the same, while it’s expensive to get your foot in the door, once you’re in New Zealand, the cost of living is comparable to (or cheaper than) many places in the U.S. (See 

New Zealand is an incredibly beautiful country (watch "The Hobbit" or "The Lord of the Rings" to catch a glimpse of the scenery), with everything from snowcapped mountains, volcanoes, and glaciers, to lush forests, sunny beaches, and natural hot springs. To top that off, the people are friendly, the food and wine are excellent, the climate is moderate and, if you speak English, you don't need to learn another language.

New Zealand’s immigration department sums up the country’s attractions: “In many ways, it’s not what we have that’s important to the quality of our life – it’s what we don’t have. We don’t have high crime rates, our police don’t carry guns and instances of corruption are virtually unheard of. We don’t have abject poverty or hunger and we don’t have pollution, congestion, health issues and cramped city living that we see elsewhere.”

Sorry Jack , but it was a nice thought .... :(:)

Cheers

John

2 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

If anyone who lives in NZ is willing to do a one for one house swap. please let me know.

Nice plan, Jack. I´ll come over to visit you, and I´ll have some German beer with me (I think importing Bratwurst will be forbidden).

1 hour ago, VH-KDK said:

Excellent set Jack and a great flight to do over some of the best ORBX scenery.

I like the PA-24 and you even found a local rego for your flight.

Thanks Martyn.  I’m trying to keep with local regos but it ain’t always easy 

1 hour ago, BradB said:

Fantastic shots Jack , but the house swap thing might be a non starter for a US citizen :

The Bottom Line

The financial requirements for temporary visas are notably high: Depending on the exchange rate, you need more than $900,000 in investments and maintenance funds to retire in New Zealand, not counting the additional requirement of more than $43,000 in annual income. You’ll likely need more than the required assets and sources of income (including Social Security), to make it work. All the same, while it’s expensive to get your foot in the door, once you’re in New Zealand, the cost of living is comparable to (or cheaper than) many places in the U.S. (See 

New Zealand is an incredibly beautiful country (watch "The Hobbit" or "The Lord of the Rings" to catch a glimpse of the scenery), with everything from snowcapped mountains, volcanoes, and glaciers, to lush forests, sunny beaches, and natural hot springs. To top that off, the people are friendly, the food and wine are excellent, the climate is moderate and, if you speak English, you don't need to learn another language.

New Zealand’s immigration department sums up the country’s attractions: “In many ways, it’s not what we have that’s important to the quality of our life – it’s what we don’t have. We don’t have high crime rates, our police don’t carry guns and instances of corruption are virtually unheard of. We don’t have abject poverty or hunger and we don’t have pollution, congestion, health issues and cramped city living that we see elsewhere.”

Cheers

John

Thanks John, I guess if I win the lottery :( 

6 hours ago, BradB said:

The Bottom Line

Cheers

John

Alternatively you can catch a fishing boat from Indonesia arrive unannounced and get everything for nothing once there.:lol:

Archived