My neck of the woods.

Jon Clarke

XP is just blowing my mind.  IF I didn't have so much $ tied up in P3D and Orbx I'd change as P3D and some of the planes are ruining it for me.  If Orbx had all they make ready for XP right now I'd do it but since I have them all it would take a very long time to make all of them XP ready, longer than I probably have years left.

30 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

XP is just blowing my mind.  IF I didn't have so much $ tied up in P3D and Orbx I'd change as P3D and some of the planes are ruining it for me.  If Orbx had all they make ready for XP right now I'd do it but since I have them all it would take a very long time to make all of them XP ready, longer than I probably have years left.

Jack, 99% of what i have in my 400GB of X-Plane scenery and addons like xVision and World Traffic is freeware. 80-90% of that is to actual or near as dammit Payware standard.  e.g. I have both HD and UHD Mesh far superior in detail than my £80 of Ultimate mesh and it is freeware. Orbx is limited in it's XP addons at present which restricts showing screenshots of XP worldwide as the Screenshot rules dictate that the pic must include an Orbx addon.

I too have spent a helluva lot on P3D Orbx stuff but I have XP as well. Have a flutter on getting a copy and then you can have 2 sims. I am sure you can afford $59.99 :)

3 minutes ago, jjaycee1 said:

Jack, 99% of what i have in my 400GB of X-Plane scenery and addons like xVision and World Traffic is freeware. 80-90% of that is to actual or near as dammit Payware standard.  e.g. I have both HD and UHD Mesh far superior in detail than my £80 of Ultimate mesh and it is freeware. Orbx is limited in it's XP addons at present which restricts showing screenshots of XP worldwide as the Screenshot rules dictate that the pic must include an Orbx addon.

I too have spent a helluva lot on P3D Orbx stuff but I have XP as well. Have a flutter on getting a copy and then you can have 2 sims. I am sure you can afford $59.99 :)

Hi JJ, I can afford it yes, but certain people have told me some things I can't say in public.

As much as I like XP I'd rather quit simming than use it.

I like Orbx because they have the best products and the easiest method of installing and the best support.

I don't want to knock XP, it looks great, especially Orbx's offerings.

I just don't have the time or inclination to sped on another system.

My time is very limited with all the other things I do on my personal life.

Sorry, I hope I didn't come across too strongly, having a very bad day.

6 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Hey JJ. Very cool shots. May I ask a question. I grew up with Hereford cattle. Does the breed originate in your neck of the woods?

Yes they originate from here. Still a major international export and breeding centre. A long history locally of the breed.I have no doubt that someone will claim that they originate in Hereford Texas like Jersey cows are claimed to be from New Jersey, but I assure you they are not:D

15 hours ago, jjaycee1 said:

Yes they originate from here. Still a major international export and breeding centre. A long history locally of the breed.I have no doubt that someone will claim that they originate in Hereford Texas like Jersey cows are claimed to be from New Jersey, but I assure you they are not:D

This is a really pitiful statement when I stop and think about it, nevertheless it is true that some of my favorite memories from youth involve working with Herefords. They have a lovely personality -- very friendly if treated right.

Archived