Once in a while...

AnkH

...some small bug fixes and adjustments greatly improve the experience. Thanks to the FSDT Addon Manager fix recently released, the overall performance of GSX is better than ever before and thanks to my new .bat files forcing external addons away from core 0 on my rig, I have a smooth and fluent sim like never before. Together with the novel AS busses, I am off flying again (instead of tweaking). First flight took me from Mallorca to Zurich, here are the shots:

2wwezn.jpg

4xvd8v.jpg

57kevn.jpg

6wfe9q.jpg

7vuejc.jpg

83pcrg.jpg

10sncxd.jpg

110vi2t.jpg

124acev.jpg

131acb9.jpg

1517ibh.jpg

17gficx.jpg

1 hour ago, ikbenik said:

Is the PC-performance also better running to eliminate core 0 for P3D-use and concentrate other sim-related SW only to core 0 ?

The simulator itself is still the process that needs the most CPU power, so I would definitively not move it off core 0 but instead the addons that can cope with much less CPU power. I have now ActiveSky, REX and ProATC/X limited to cores 4 and 5, that's way sufficient for those addons and as such, cores 0,1,2 and 3 can be used by the sim only.

BTW: thanks for the kind words.

Basically it is very easy, simply create a .bat file that tells the computer to execute your .exe file with a defined affinity setting (there are some guides on how to do this on avsim etc.). Then you redirect your desktop shortcuts of ActiveSky, REX and ProATC/X to the .bat file instead of the .exe file and the addons will be started with the correct affinity setting. The sim itself is restricted to certain cores by the classic affinity mask entry in the prepar3d.cfg. The only thing I was not able to reassign was Ultimate Traffic 2, as this is executed via add-on.xml and this .XML does not accept a .bat file as executable object. But as I have the three main addons running along with the sim moved off core 0 (the one most used by the sim), there is some additional overhead for the sim. Pretty sure that this adjustments are not a prerequisite, but it seems that it added to the smoothness in my case.

Archived