Speenawyle

VH-KDK

It has indeed been a while since I have posted an entire flight on here.

So a short hop from CYYC Calgary to CYRM Rocky Mountain House which sounds an interesting place.

1.PStaoJL.jpg

Leaving CYYC with a portion of the Deerfoot and Stony Trail intersection.

2.OyPuwJz.jpg

Abeam Airdrie a turn to port. Using the GPS as a guide and flying by hand for once.

3.vWt0M27.jpg

Between Neir and Madden although it maddens me to think we are nearer to Madden.

4.rajmy6y.jpg

The Little Red Deer River at Cremona and the Hwy22 the Cowboy Trail

5.0JiU8mw.jpg

The Little Red Deer River again at Elkton where it is currently 18°C

6.2Fg3z4t.jpg

Burnstick Lake in Clearwater County. The Shell Caroline Gas Plant is down there somewhere too.

7.dNyyOUD.jpg

Here is Lake Ernie at Rocky Mountain House set up as a fur trading town in the 18th century.

8.UVsXIfI.jpg

I believe in getting the most from the landing fees and on replay I was surprised I didn't hit the grass.

9.1VuUDZu.jpg

Petroleum, forestry, agriculture and tourism are todays industries here.

10.kxs2rFd.jpg

Not exactly mountainous as the name suggests but still a pleasant if somewhat short flight.

I hope you enjoyed the ride.

14 hours ago, BradB said:

The way you fly Martyn , I would rather take the bus ; the Madden Bus : http://www.profootballhof.com/original-madden-cruiser-finds-new-home-at-pro-football-hall-of-fame/

Cheers

John

Thanks John, a very smart looking bus too.

Whenever I have seen the bus there has always been too many people around it so I have gone away.

I like to be Far from the Madden Crowd.:rolleyes::wacko::-

Glad to see you are still good for a departure and arrival flight, those single shots are great, but they just whet the appetite for more! B)

This was a very enjoyable flight with the narration that we have come to know and expect from your flights, Thanks! :D

Archived