'Round the World in the Connie - Spain!

mglan80

I've skipped most of the leg from Gran Canaria to Madrid (prior African leg is here) since it was mostly empty Atlantic.  Spain is probably my favorite area of openLC-EU.  I love the colors and the landscape of Spain.  I've only been once, but I'll be back many times if life allows.

Over southern Spain

sJ7f5aO.jpg

ZaMsErB.jpg

NMa1AIK.jpg

cby55IW.jpg

EX1fbgE.jpg

Parked up in Madrid Barajas.

Xy0YU8k.jpg

After getting into LEMD from the Gran Canaria stretch, the crew and I found a nice place to have a few glasses of Rioja and heaping plates of olives and jamon Iberico.  I cannot get enough of that jamon!

Despite the late dinner, we were up early for the departure.  The route takes us over the Bay of Biscay and Brittany and on into Heathrow.

3QPZ24Z.jpg

5oRl51N.jpg

Sadly leaving Spain behind...

u2n4nVr.jpg

A bit of Brittany

tiDrsp1.jpg

And on into EGGL...with a BA A320 right up my triple tail on final!

Uw7Hw6d.jpg

Thanks for looking and indulging me on my 'round the world.

Thanks for all the comments!  I do love some openLC.  It's one of the best products Orbx offers.  Great value for money.

Wakashi, it's a fun diversion, but you can't let it get in the way of enjoying the sim.  If I don't feel like flying a leg, I don't.  I started back in January and I'm still not quite halfway!  Give it a shot, just maybe in a jet, not a av-gas eating prop-liner chugging along at 180 knots!

Cpt. Lars, I'd love to see the Basque Country.  I've only spent a few weeks in Madrid and Barcelona, but my wife spent a semester in southern Spain.  I find the Moorish architecture fascinating and love the culture, so that's on the list, too.  It's just such a vibrant and wonderful place.  I still need quite a bit of work on my Spanish - es muy mal!

Archived