First part of the Mach Loop for Roger

Thanks to Roger I loaded up his flight plan in the GTN and it works perfectly, brought me to and through the Mach Loop.

NMg80x1.jpg

XeNWwvP.jpg

I spent many a cold night working in shelters exactly like these in RAF Upper Heyford.

xii0Nfm.jpg

5FMlxNv.jpg

L4V5Os3.jpg

iP96uFp.jpg

t0qluwG.jpg

z7E1yMl.jpg

21 minutes ago, Bermuda425 said:

Splendid greenery in your set! Make sure to take a picture when you break the sound barrier Jack!

Thanks Erik, I think I'd need to beef up the airframe and have some serious after burning engines installed on this 182 :lol:

13 minutes ago, Captain Lars said:

You make me curious. What's this Mach Loop and what's its purpose??

Google is your friend but it's a valleys between hills route in Wales - used by NATO fighters for practice low level radar avoidance maneuvers.  Lots of camera ethusiasts watch this so the pilots do their best to put on a good show.

1 hour ago, olderndirt said:

Google is your friend but it's a valleys between hills route in Wales - used by NATO fighters for practice low level radar avoidance maneuvers.  Lots of camera ethusiasts watch this so the pilots do their best to put on a good show.

Well thanks for answering. :rolleyes::)

9 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Nice Ken, but maybe some other time, I'm just learning it, besides, you know I want to do it in a 747. :D

Or upside down...

B.t.w. have you seen how many spectators have come to this airfield according to the full parking place, when Jack is about to take off.

I am sure it was announced in the local papers....;)

54 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

This could be the start of something big.

Are you flying a Transformer© Jack? Will it turn into an F-111 or F-14 once you get into the valleys?

Well, well, it seems that Martyn has local knowledge about the Mach-loop.

I must have a look myself overthere, never been there.....but @Ken Terry 's video is beautiful.

10 hours ago, Wakashi said:

Thanks Jack!  Now since I have watched Ken's video, I feel I must go back and do this a bit quicker! B)  I will probably redo the waypoints so they are closer to the turns also! 

Thank you Roger for the route, I'd have never found it otherwise.

2 hours ago, Sundancer said:

Or upside down...

B.t.w. have you seen how many spectators have come to this airfield according to the full parking place, when Jack is about to take off.

I am sure it was announced in the local papers....;)

:lol:  If I do it inverted there will be even more spectators! :)

1 hour ago, VH-KDK said:

This could be the start of something big.

Are you flying a Transformer© Jack? Will it turn into an F-111 or F-14 once you get into the valleys?

I wish Martyn!  I'd so love to have a study-level F-111 but alas, no one will ever create one :wacko:

Archived