Grounded

VH-KDK

I still haven't managed a flight from Gold Coast but in the meantime here are some images from around the apron.

1.uvYrTCF.jpg

2.UqsE3ar.jpg

3.j0S6IYL.jpg

4.Gv9A1AL.jpg

5.PTGMcur.jpg

Find this bloke and watch the animation, fascinating.

6.tPtQPuJ.jpg

7.mPYw9UA.jpg

8.eyvAteU.jpg

9.lXOUF38.jpg

10.I6zYQIV.jpg

11.imcf9nS.jpg

12.jPenSNq.jpg

13.tkzt47X.jpg

14.JOiCYBY.jpg

15.1JesfY1.jpg

One from a higher level.

Why fly if you can have so great views already from the ground?

But I expect your Saab to be in the air soon.

PS: That guy cleaning the windows in #5 has been extremely successful. They are so clean you might even go through them, by accident!

33 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Why fly if you can have so great views already from the ground?

But I expect your Saab to be in the air soon.

PS: That guy cleaning the windows in #5 has been extremely successful. They are so clean you might even go through them, by accident!

Thank you Gerold. It has been one of those days and I have been itching to get in the air which I have just managed to do.:rolleyes:

I had to leave the roof off the building to see the window cleaner but the animation is excellent, I wont give any games away but I think it is very clever.;)

Along with his friend Basil, who is brushing in image 11, they are so good that they have the cleaning contract at most ORBX airports!:lol:

2 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Along with his friend Basil, who is brushing in image 11, they are so good that they have the cleaning contract at most ORBX airports!

May be that is the real license fee we have to pay before downloading, the Orbx staff gives the rest of the scenery for free :D?!

21 hours ago, paulb said:

Great shots of the detail Martyn! :)

I do feel sorry for the guy with the sponge though! :lol:

He looks like my neighbour when I lived in Shirley(Southampton) all those years ago, now I know what happened to him!:unsure:

20 hours ago, Stillwater said:

May be that is the real license fee we have to pay before downloading, the Orbx staff gives the rest of the scenery for free :D?!

Is this why ,if you have all the ORBX products, you have a clean sweep.:huh:

18 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I could look at these all day Martyn!  Gives me motivation for creativity in comic work.  But seriously, the work they did here is awesome.

You could look at them all day, has your mouse broken again Jack?:huh: 

Just kidding, I could travel around the sceneries all day too searching for all the little extras.

It is amazing the work that goes into these airports and don't forget, if you ever want to use any for your comics that is ok.;)

10 hours ago, Sundancer said:

Ha ha.....#5 and #11....my wife had to pick me up from the ground....cleaning the terminal windows with a spounge and brushing the platform with a broom.....oh, I love this!

That's nothing, you should see them cleaning the terminal floors with a toothbrush.:o

10 hours ago, mikewies said:

Nice selection of shots! This airport will be difficult to resist... Looking like a must buy! 

It is well worth the money Mike and I have yet to get to Southport.:)

6 hours ago, adambar said:

Must have cost you a ton of money to remove the roof and reinstall it just to get a picture of a guy cleaning windows with a spounge Martyn. :lol:  Great shots! :D

Cheers Adam, that is actually the glass ceiling and it is very hard to keep clean especially with all the sea gulls from the nearby beach.:rolleyes:

55 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

He looks like my neighbour when I lived in Shirley(Southampton) all those years ago, now I know what happened to him!:unsure:

I don't suppose that the lady in the red dress came from Southampton as well? ;):D

2 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Lady in the red dress? Have I overlooked something here :o:D?

I didn't see her Gerold but I did see a new honey at the airport.:wub:

Hands off as I saw her first.B):lol:>:D:lol:.

Archived