This is Anfield

VH-KDK

6 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Nice Martyn!  But what sport is this for us Yanks.  Soccer, I mean British football?

Jack, please don't embarrass us Americans :D Everyone knows he's talking about Rugby :D;)

4 minutes ago, Sniper31 said:

Jack, please don't embarrass us Americans :D Everyone knows he's talking about Rugby :D;)

Ah Rugby, thanks Landon, I used to watch baseball, other than that I've never been into sports, never even played one sport in my life.  All I ever did was water ski, snow ski, and hike.

1 minute ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Ah Rugby, thanks Landon, I used to watch baseball, other than that I've never been into sports, never even played one sport in my life.  All I ever did was water ski, snow ski, and hike.

Don't take me seriously Jack, I was only joking...you were right to begin with, when the rest of the World talks about Football (or Futbol) they are talking about what we Yanks call Soccer ;) Don't let my quips throw you off :D

Just now, Sniper31 said:

Don't take me seriously Jack, I was only joking...you were right to begin with, when the rest of the World talks about Football (or Futbol) they are talking about what we Yanks call Soccer ;) Don't let my quips throw you off :D

Thanks Landon.  :) 

20 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Great shot, Martyn. I keep my fingers crossed for the Reds today, Kloppo should get the magic out of the team!

Thanks Gerold, one of my favourite managers and I am hoping that Southampton Liverpool can win tonight.:lol:

Another final, another loss. Only been a supporter since 2010, but long enough to see too many trophies slip away. 

Don’t want to hijack the thread, though. 

Nice shot, but that must be Anfield from the ‘40’s!

13 hours ago, Dadtom65 said:

Fingers crossed, not that I’ve ever supported them or any other football club but good luck to them. Derek.

Thanks Derek, I went to my first game in 1966 when we moved to Bournemouth( which was in Hants in those days) and I have followed them ever since but also took an interest in Southampton when I went to live there in '81.:)

13 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Nice Martyn!  But what sport is this for us Yanks.  Soccer, I mean British football?

Thanks Jack, all of this football is confusing isn't it. You could call it Association Football so as not to confuse it with your Gridiron.

We have Australian Rules Football over here which I did enjoy greatly until it was infiltrated in the 90s.:angry:

Oh and throwing my beloved team out of the comp didn't help matters either, Go Roys.:angry::(

13 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

Which code of Thugby are you referring too Landon. 

They have this strange game over the border north of here and I  believe that like Cane Toads, is slowly spreading throughout other parts of Australia!:lol::lol::lol:

12 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Great shot, Martyn. I keep my fingers crossed for the Reds today, Kloppo should get the magic out of the team!

Never mind Gerold, hopefully they can win something next season.:(

10 hours ago, paulb said:

I forgot about the game Martyn! :huh: I guess that RM don't play in red? :wacko:

I only remembered because of Liverpool being in it. I didn't realise the Europa Final was on until I saw the result.

You are correct with your assumption of team colours.:lol:

2 hours ago, mglan80 said:

Another final, another loss. Only been a supporter since 2010, but long enough to see too many trophies slip away. 

Don’t want to hijack the thread, though. 

Nice shot, but that must be Anfield from the ‘40’s!

A great shame but there are good signs for the future if they can keep the team together.

Feel free to comment about anything you like as I enjoy the banter between all of us.:)

Whoever did the football stadiums doesn't know too much about Liverpool as the outside of west side of Anfield was painted blue which would have pleased the nearby Evertonians.:o

11 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Which code of Thugby are you referring too Landon. 

They have this strange game over the border north of here and I  believe that like Cane Toads, is slowly spreading throughout other parts of Australia!:lol::lol::lol:

Ha! Thugby...love it! :D

On 5/26/2018 at 9:32 PM, VH-KDK said:

A great shame but there are good signs for the future if they can keep the team together.

Feel free to comment about anything you like as I enjoy the banter between all of us.:)

Whoever did the football stadiums doesn't know too much about Liverpool as the outside of west side of Anfield was painted blue which would have pleased the nearby Evertonians.:o

Certainly!  With what Klopp has done with that talented side is remarkable, but that was the weakest Real has been and I they were in with a shout.  Still happy with the campaign, and anxious for next season!  Now I only have my sad local club to suffer with...

Funny, you did mention the football grounds, though.  I looked around for any free or payware that offered custom football grounds, but couldn't find one.  I'd pay $20 for professional stadiums for EU and NA/SA.  I think it'd be fun to find the San Siro, the Azteca, Bernabeu, Parc de Paris, etc.  Hell, I'd pay $40 if they added in some race tracks!  After watching the Indy 500 today, I can't even find the track in the sim!

2 hours ago, mglan80 said:

Certainly!  With what Klopp has done with that talented side is remarkable, but that was the weakest Real has been and I they were in with a shout.  Still happy with the campaign, and anxious for next season!  Now I only have my sad local club to suffer with...

Funny, you did mention the football grounds, though.  I looked around for any free or payware that offered custom football grounds, but couldn't find one.  I'd pay $20 for professional stadiums for EU and NA/SA.  I think it'd be fun to find the San Siro, the Azteca, Bernabeu, Parc de Paris, etc.  Hell, I'd pay $40 if they added in some race tracks!  After watching the Indy 500 today, I can't even find the track in the sim!

I am looking forwards to the new season too and will be especially interested to see how Arsenal fare with their new leader.

It would be interesting to see some of the stadiums reproduced, Old Trafford is already there and looks really good. I have also seen some of the ones in Scotland.

Quite a good day for Australian drivers in F1 and Indy.:)

Archived