Is the OZx site down

Patrick Cox

Where did you read that Pat, since we can't access the page, have you got a link for some more info. Hope Jay has a recent backup database, once he isolates the source. Gotta feel for him as he runs a tidy operation. He's probably taken the site offline to load the backup, and reindex, it may be a while.

Chin up Jay, we'd help if we could.:unsure: 

19 hours ago, Jeff Gilmour said:

Where did you read that Pat, since we can't access the page, have you got a link for some more info. Hope Jay has a recent backup database, once he isolates the source. Gotta feel for him as he runs a tidy operation. He's probably taken the site offline to load the backup, and reindex, it may be a while.

Chin up Jay, we'd help if we could.:unsure: 

There was a message on the top of the page saying that the site has been compromised and Jay was working on it, although time was an issue in getting things back. I could only see the message from my mobile device. My other pc didnt show it.

It reads:

"OZX has been compromised. I am working on things but I am time restricted in doing so, so please be patient. Regards JayKae"

2 hours ago, Craig Hanley said:

There was a message on the top of the page saying that the site has been compromised and Jay was working on it, although time was an issue in getting things back. I could only see the message from my mobile device. My other pc didnt show it.

It reads:

"OZX has been compromised. I am working on things but I am time restricted in doing so, so please be patient. Regards JayKae"

Thanks for that Craig. Was starting to think I was seeing things in my old age :(.

The hacker must have made it's way over to FS Files now too.

At least my previously posted screenshots still show up in this forum.  I just can't upload any more because I cant get to their site.  I will use Imgur till FS Files is back up.  Hopefully all this is not as bad as the Avsim hack way back in 2009.

https://www.avsim.com/AVSIM Pages/more_on_the_hack.html/

https://www.avsim.com/AVSIM Pages/more_on_the_hack.html/

Caleb

6 minutes ago, teecee said:

No word from anyone at OZX about  this.. methinks we may have lost a great Site..Teecee.

It could come back though.  We never know.

Not being unkind, but to be honest it probably comes down to money, as Jay usually asks for assistance when this sort of thing occurs, and generally he got a good response..This time the site is totally down, so he cannot  even ask for help, and we cannot post said help as it was always done through his system.. He may not even to be able to read this site, so If anyone knows more about this matter please  let us know and perhaps we can get some help in setting up a fund. Teecee.

I miss the OZx site nearly as much as you may, TeeCee. So I follow this thread here, and...

6 minutes ago, teecee said:

perhaps we can get some help in setting up a fund.

... I just visited http://www.flightsimstore.com/product_info.php?products_id=1332 and did my thing. If it helps Jay finding some more time to get OZx running, good. Even if not he has deserved funding for all the pleasure we have had in the past, say, 14 years.

I would be happy to join you in this mate,  but The FSS appears to have problems too.. If this is not so, and FSS will confirm that the donations will go to Ozx  I will gladly donate. Teecee.

Archived