Looking for higher ground.

VH-KDK

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

:lol:  Brilliant idea OND!  How about an “I’m married to an Orbx enthusiast” t-shirt.

Maybe we could have a t-shirt too about who we are married to.

Trouble is then we would be back to the frying pan again:rolleyes:

4 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Wow great shots Martyn. I am looking for higher grounds too. But for a different reason. I am just about to pull the trigger on the old Master Card to buy NL and she who must be obeyed has her frying pan in her hand chasing me to "higher" grounds.:rolleyes: 

Hey Karl, just do what I do and get to the mailbox before she does. :D

15 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

So that is why your bicycles in Amsterdam don't have parking brakes either Fred.:huh:

I have always wondered.:wacko:

Instead of using parking brakes on bicycles, we tie them up to the hundreds of bridges in Amsterdam.

The rest (untied) bikes are stolen.....:ph34r:

-Fred-

2 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

That stinks, stolen bikes? :unsure:

By far the easiest way to get a bike if you need one, isn't it :o

What did you think.....only a country with 18 million friendly millers and cheerful tulip bulbs maids :blink::D

1 minute ago, Sundancer said:

What did you think.....only a country with 18 million friendly millers and cheerful tulip bulbs maids :blink::D

Well, I personally would never steal, it really cuts against my grain.  I reckon there's thieves everywhere on Earth, it's human nature.  Sadly.

Just now, Jack Sawyer said:

Well, I personally would never steal, it really cuts against my grain.  I reckon there's thieves everywhere on Earth, it's human nature.  Sadly.

Neither do I, but statistics show it.

Just looked up: officially around 100.000 bikes are stolen in NL per year. The real numbers (unregistered) are much higher.

1 hour ago, Sundancer said:

Instead of using parking brakes on bicycles, we tie them up to the hundreds of bridges in Amsterdam.

-Fred-

1 hour ago, Sundancer said:

57 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

Just looked up: officially around 100.000 bikes are stolen in NL per year. The real numbers (unregistered) are much higher.

49 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

That's a shame Fred.

Unfortunately, locks just keep honest people honest....I personally detest and despise thievery and thieves, but I don't want to go on a rant, so I will end there :) 

15 hours ago, macca22au said:

Mine has long concluded the sim is worthwhile as it keeps me occupied.

So there it is, simple therapy.

Good to hear that Ian, I must be that way too as I never get any hassles.:)

5 hours ago, Sundancer said:

-Fred-

Human nature at its best!:(

5 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

A common practice here Jack with bikes. In Melbourne where I worked we even had the plants dug out of the flower bed and another time the plastic hose adaptor stolen off the tap, worth about 25c in those days. We reckoned if you spat on the pavement some one would steal it within seconds.:(

That's 18 million pairs of wooden clogs Fred, it must be a noisy place to live!

Like Jack I am quite shocked by the number of bikes stolen, the canals must be full of them.:(

That is about one every 5 minutes.:o

24 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

A common practice here Jack with bikes. In Melbourne where I worked we even had the plants dug out of the flower bed and another time the plastic hose adaptor stolen off the tap, worth about 25c in those days. We reckoned if you spat on the pavement some one would steal it within seconds.:(

I often wonder how people who do this kind of stuff sleep at night.  If I stole anything I'd never be able to sleep I'd be so wracked with guilt.  Maybe it's just me but I despise stealing.

Just now, Jack Sawyer said:

I often wonder how people who do this kind of stuff sleep at night.  If I stole anything I'd never be able to sleep I'd be so wracked with guilt.  Maybe it's just me but I despise stealing.

You are not alone Jack, there are plenty of honest folks out there, they don't draw attention to themselves unlike the thieves.

Archived