We need urgently.

Dadtom65

We hope to add animated PeopleFlow to X-Plane at some point, but that is dependant on Laminar adding kinetic boned animation support to the sim. However, PeopleFlow won’t let you walk around in the sim like you with P3D’s Avatar Mode.

You can simulate walking around in X-Plane by having your aircraft static on the apron or runway then pressing Shift+8 then C. This puts you into free camera mode where you use the mouse to free-look and the up and down arrow keys to move your height up and down and the < and > keys to move forward and back. Be careful though, as you only have about a 2km range of movement before the ground textures become blurry.

What ever happened to the days when these programs were used for fight simulation rather than eye-candy? Anyone who's ever been lucky enough to get some time in a Level-D knows that eye-candy isn't high on the "want  list" for simulated flight. Or, maybe I've just become a grumpy old ex-pilot who doesn't have any idea of what's "trending" (another word I don't under like or understand).....Doug

55 minutes ago, Triplane said:

What ever happened to the days when these programs were used for fight simulation rather than eye-candy?...

Fight simulation? Yeah sometimes between me and my wife, to clarify if I'm allowed to do some flightsimming. But that's than rather more than just a fight simulation. :D

1 hour ago, Triplane said:

What ever happened to the days when these programs were used for fight simulation rather than eye-candy? Anyone who's ever been lucky enough to get some time in a Level-D knows that eye-candy isn't high on the "want  list" for simulated flight. Or, maybe I've just become a grumpy old ex-pilot who doesn't have any idea of what's "trending" (another word I don't under like or understand).....Doug

I agree with the statement, though I assume you must have meant Flight and not fight:)

Being a low and slow flyer the need for good to great scenery etc is a must. Now, if I was a jet simmer the only addons i might buy would be a few planes and airports. So ....Orbx don't do planes, Orbx don't do airports that jets fly into. In conclusion therefore I would not be buying anything from Orbx and have no need or desire to be on their forums. I also would have still got a couple of thousand ££££s in the bank over the years:D

Sorry if I am going off on a tangent here but I now use FSim as a form of relaxation.

I don't need to go through every procedure to get my kicks but just start the plane up, head skyward go to spot view and watch the wonderful scenery and clouds float by.

Why I like FSim so much is that there is something for everybody here whatever your preference is.

I will stop there as I don't want to hijack this thread.

So to the ORBX team, the more realisim and extras you can give us to make the scenery even more lifelike the better.

Have any of you ever bothered to select an Avatar and go for a walk around an airport. It’s great for seeing the airport in a different light and you never know you might see an Easter egg is it called. God I hate this getting old I was thinking about it just awhile ago and now it’s gone. Derek.

20 hours ago, wolfko said:

Fight simulation? Yeah sometimes between me and my wife, to clarify if I'm allowed to do some flightsimming. But that's than rather more than just a fight simulation. :D

:lol:.....good catch

12 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Sorry if I am going off on a tangent here but I now use FSim as a form of relaxation.

I don't need to go through every procedure to get my kicks but just start the plane up, head skyward go to spot view and watch the wonderful scenery and clouds float by.

Why I like FSim so much is that there is something for everybody here whatever your preference is.

I will stop there as I don't want to hijack this thread.

So to the ORBX team, the more realisim and extras you can give us to make the scenery even more lifelike the better.

+1

On 4/22/2018 at 3:44 AM, Dadtom65 said:

Hi. Will Orbx be doing a people flow where you can walk around the scenery as in P3D for Xplane please and soon. Derek.

On 4/22/2018 at 3:59 AM, John Venema said:

We hope to add animated PeopleFlow to X-Plane at some point, but that is dependant on Laminar adding kinetic boned animation support to the sim. However, PeopleFlow won’t let you walk around in the sim like you with P3D’s Avatar Mode.

You can simulate walking around in X-Plane by having your aircraft static on the apron or runway then pressing Shift+8 then C. This puts you into free camera mode where you use the mouse to free-look and the up and down arrow keys to move your height up and down and the < and > keys to move forward and back. Be careful though, as you only have about a 2km range of movement before the ground textures become blurry.

Hi 

I've just put up a little procedure  in the Screenshot forum called " I miss Orbx Bob from the FSX days"  that will allow you to do a "walk around" an aircraft and also to walk around in the XPlane simulator to go exploring scenery on foot. Hope it will be useful to you

Cheers

Renault

Archived