YRC to Bliss & Forbes

Jack Sawyer

Well, this looks much better Jack, nice shots.

The weather had turned dry and now I really like it.

By the way, nice button in the heli cockpit (#12), what does it trigger....an ejection seat? :wacko:

Cheers -Fred-

Wonderful array of images here Jack, it looks too pricey for me though with all of those expensive boats down there.

Not only some interesting little discoveries but the mountainous terrain is so beautiful.

4 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Fine shots these.

cheers

Iain

Thanks Iain!

3 hours ago, paulb said:

Well found Jack! You are ahead of me! :)

Thanks Paul, I have Roger to thank, he sent me the GTN750 lat/long coordinates so I plugged them in and flew there.  It's all really nice.

1 hour ago, Sundancer said:

Well, this looks much better Jack, nice shots.

The weather had turned dry and now I really like it.

By the way, nice button in the heli cockpit (#12), what does it trigger....an ejection seat? :wacko:

Cheers -Fred-

Thanks Fred, yeah, I was happy to see no rain there when I flew thee yesterday.  That is a "wood burned" plaque that was made for me by JoeMBII, no function and gosh, I'd hate it to be an ejection seat in a chopper, you'd go right into the blades.  :unsure:

53 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Wonderful array of images here Jack, it looks too pricey for me though with all of those expensive boats down there.

Not only some interesting little discoveries but the mountainous terrain is so beautiful.

Thanks Martyn, it is nice terrain and yes, from what I read this place is only for the rich, so I guess I'll never enjoy it. :angry:

40 minutes ago, Buffy Foster said:

Looks like a fun exploration!  I didnt try helis yet in P3D...

Thanks Buffy, it is a lot of fun, you should try them.  It took me a long time to get good at it and I only have a yoke.

2 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

You are really using quite a variety of vehicles in that are today, Jack...!

Thanks Gerold, I have other things planned for the future. :D

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Fred, yeah, I was happy to see no rain there when I flew thee yesterday.  That is a "wood burned" plaque that was made for me by JoeMBII, no function and gosh, I'd hate it to be an ejection seat in a chopper, you'd go right into the blades.  :unsure:

Ah...now I understand the word 'chopper'.....correct?

3 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

Hmmmm....no personal meanings of course,

My excuse is that English is not my native language....;-)

No problems Fred, I know you were making a joke.  But yeah, I reckon you'd be pretty chopped up.  Yikes! :blink:

1 minute ago, Jack Sawyer said:

No problems Fred, I know you were making a joke.  But yeah, I reckon you'd be pretty chopped up.  Yikes! :blink:

B.t.w. I was just thinking.....did your hot ballons from the older days have any ejection seat button? :rolleyes:

10 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

B.t.w. I was just thinking.....did your hot ballons from the older days have any ejection seat button? :rolleyes:

Nope.  We didn't even have parachutes, too heavy.  I always wanted to jump from one with a chute but it can really ruin a balloon, 155 pounds of weight suddenly lost and the balloon would rocket straight up and it would put a lot of stress on the cables and the balloon.

8 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Nope.  We didn't even have parachutes, too heavy.  I always wanted to jump from one with a chute but it can really ruin a balloon, 155 pounds of weight suddenly lost and the balloon would rocket straight up and it would put a lot of stress on the cables and the balloon.

Ah... didn't know that.

And in case an emergency situation occurs, the balloon is already too low for parachuting, isn't it?

In the old days when I was young and handsome (now not young anymore...) I did some parachuting a few times.....wow, what an experience. I did not continue that sport.

Just now, Sundancer said:

Ah... didn't know that.

And in case an emergency situation occurs, the balloon is already too low for parachuting, isn't it?

In the old days when I was young and handsome (now not young anymore...) I did some parachuting a few times.....wow, what an experience. I did not continue that sport.

Well, we flew to a max of 10,000 feet sometimes, but mostly 5000 feet.  So at those altitudes you could do it.  I knew a couple who did but it really can shorten the life of the balloon and attaching cables.  As far as an emergency goes, well, that's the risk.  I know one who died, it was unfortunate.  Winds are a hot air balloon's biggest enemy.  It's a risky sport Fred but very peaceful and rewarding when done properly.

Archived