1WA6 - P3Dv4.1 - Runway/taxiways are grass

UKJim

Thanks LOL - I remember seeing the images on the website and thinking, MMmmm my comanche needs to go there. But I am not messing up it's tyres on that dirty grass ;)

Hopefully there is a fix soon.

Thanks,

I just checked mine in P3D V4.2, and my ground poly/runway is showing fine.

If you go to FTX Central - P3DV4, in the settings, is "Use ObjectFlow 2 in Prepar3D v4" ticked?

Could you post a screen shot of the contents of your 1WA6 scenery folder, as that may hold a clue.

".....Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_1WA6\Scenery"

2018-3-13_1-19-25-580.jpg

2018-3-13_1-21-12-658.jpg

Cheers,

Hi,

I'm not sure what the problem is.  Everything there matches what I have and mine is displaying OK.  Here are some suggestions of things you can check/try:

Check PNW is installed and activated, and below 1WA6 in the scenery library.

Make sure your mesh is set to 5m.

Uncheck "Use ObjectFlow 2 in Prepar3D v4" , restart FTX Central, recheck the box, then save. 

It does seem to be an issue with Object Flow, as turning it off is the only way I can get the runway to disappear.  If "resetting" object flow doesn't work, you might want to try reinstalling the libraries.  Go to ".....Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ORBX\User Documents\Versions", and delete the file "FTX_AA_ORBXLIBS.TXT".  Then open FTX Central and install the libraries.

Let us know if anything fixes it or not.

Cheers,

Hi, I have tried all the above and nothing. I have had a few issues lately with my Orbx scenery and it is furstrating me now.

If I run the 'MigrationTroubleshooter.exe' I get missing files next to FTX Global - I have repaired p3d scenery, deleted the version files for global_base and orbxlibs - re-installed both and run migration tool again, still missing files.

I think all this could be related but who knows?

I love this scenery, but how it all does not work with one another is beyond me :(

Is there any way to install the objectflow on it's own? or delete and replace somehow?

migration_missing.txt

1 hour ago, Triplane said:

Thanks Nick. Disabling and then re-enabling ObjectFlow fixed my P3Dv4.0 problem..........Doug   (now I wonder what else I was missing  :) )

Oops.....thanks should have gone to Scott for the advice. My bad..........Doug

@Triplane

Haha, no worries Doug.  ;) You are probably just used to thanking Nick like most of us.

@UKJim

Jim can you please post a picture of your current scenery.cfg file for P3D V4?

Also, can you attach the following files:

addon.xml from "......Users\Admin\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Orbx ObjectFlow 2\"

OF_Config.xml from ".......Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery\OF_Config.xml"

Unfortunately I am not qualified to offer advice on the migration issues, but will still try to help out how I can.  I will just check the above files for any errors. Hopefully someone else can chime in regarding the migration errors too.

Cheers,

OK so I now have installed all scenery apart from all the Global products and 1WA6 is fine. I now have an issue with EGHA Compton Abbass where the plane loads beneath the apron when parked at parking 1 :) I have run the migrator too and still no different.

Once this is fixed, I will install global products and see if it changes everything ;)

2018-03-21 21_44_02-Lockheed Martin® Prepar3D® v4.png

Hello,

that's an old one that should have been fixed but hasn't been.

In scenery\world\scenery, you will find 000_EGHA_FTX_Exclude_ALT.BGL

Please rename it to 000_EGHA_FTX_Exclude_ALT.BGL.OFF, restart the simulator

and the airport should look as intended.

19 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

that's an old one that should have been fixed but hasn't been.

In scenery\world\scenery, you will find 000_EGHA_FTX_Exclude_ALT.BGL

Please rename it to 000_EGHA_FTX_Exclude_ALT.BGL.OFF, restart the simulator

and the airport should look as intended.

Thanks that did fix that - is it something my end that is not installing correctly or has the package regressed somehow?

I also have missing trees at darrington municiple 1s2 :) I have tried reinstalling the libraries, but no good.

Also, at Bear Gulch as part of Cushman Meadows KCMW - There is a weird elevation issue with the bridge.

Sorry for all these :(

2018-03-22 17_36_39-Lockheed Martin® Prepar3D® v4.png

2018-03-22 17_38_34-Lockheed Martin® Prepar3D® v4.png

15 hours ago, Richard Lincoln said:

Hi,

I think it may be worth backing up your cfg file, then delete it and let the sim make a new one and see if that helps.

I can do this but this is fresh install of P3D so the cfg is pretty clean and fresh. Something worth a try I guess. Cheers 

OK so all I did was move 1s2 and kcmw to the bottom of the scenery library list the first airports above the regions. This fixed it somehow ;)

So it looks like I now have all regions and airports installed successfully.

I will now try and install Global packages eeeeek!!

OK so, I have run FTX Central again and reloaded sim. I have the issue again - so I went into the scenery library and did not move any entries. When I click OK, it reloads scenery and all is fixed.

If I move airport and move back again it comes back.

I have manually deleted the 'SceneryIndexes_x64' folder and let the sim regenerate them - the problem still remains as above with Bear Gulch bridge elevation.

Any ideas?

Thanks

OK so when I load into the sim I now get no trees as in screenshot 'no trees'

If I go into the scenery library or update the settings in P3D - it then reloads terrain data and autogen, trees now appear - as per sceenshot 'with trees'.

My settings are attached in screenshot 'settings' and my scenery library is in screenshots 'scenery lib 1 - 3'

Any advice as this is really annoying. Is there a log or something I can check?

I have also deactivated PNW in the scenery library and loaded the sim - the trees now appear without any issues - could this be a conflict of some sort with PNW and 1S2?

Thanks

no trees.jpg

PNW Removed.jpg

scenery lib 1.jpg

scenery lib 2.jpg

scenery lib 3.jpg

with trees.jpg

world settings.jpg

3 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

I can't replicate this at all.

Perhaps try reinstalling PNW, though the problem seems to be limited to autogen.

What happens if you disable entries 1 - 16 in your scenery library?

I tried reinstalling PNW already and no joy - also, I have removed the entries other than ORBX from my scenery.cfg and deleted the indexes - still no different.

Hope I don't have to reinstall P3D again as this would be my 4th times :)

9 hours ago, UKJim said:

Ok so far so good - installed all my Orbx North America scenery and the tree's are displaying fine. If this changed I'll report back. 

OK so I restarted computer and tried again today - tree's gone. So I think it was a chance of luck yesterday it was working. I have uninstalled all ORBX products, removed the ORBX libraries entry in scenery.cfg and deleted all ORBX directory.

I am going to download ONLY PNW, 1S2 and ORBX Libs - see how that goes.

37 minutes ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Are you using Envtex by chance?

No - I just did a fresh install with only PNW, 1S2 and Orbx Libs - the tree's are missing again.

I have run out of ideas now.

Hi there,

there's a recent thread about a similar issue in which the poster describes how the autogen draw distance slider appears to have an odd influence. I haven't been able to replicate this but perhaps others can cross-check this on their P3Dv4.2 installations:

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/151456-p3dv4-autogen-lod-radius-issues-at-ensg-some-other-ftx-airports/

Cheers, Holger 

11 minutes ago, Holger Sandmann said:

Hi there,

there's a recent thread about a similar issue in which the poster describes how the autogen draw distance slider appears to have an odd influence. I haven't been able to replicate this but perhaps others can cross-check this on their P3Dv4.2 installations:

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/151456-p3dv4-autogen-lod-radius-issues-at-ensg-some-other-ftx-airports/

Cheers, Holger 

Hi,

I have set all sliders to max and this still occurs unfortunately.

Cheers

Archived