MacRobertson Air Race leg 14

Jack Sawyer

This leg takes us from Bangkok, VTBD, to Alor Star, WMKA.  Lots of flying over open water.  Thought Martyn would like these of Bangkok as he's very familiar with Thailand.

YFRncw1.jpg

K2o8P0Z.jpg

Rg4nN88.jpg

0zV4cvQ.jpg

BaVXuyn.jpg

53FLb0V.jpg

i3RRagK.jpg

fCElOI7.jpg

Getting dark!

ToBXrnQ.jpg

14KnxZx.jpg

Boy does the sun set and rise fast in this part of the world!

7lNXtBk.jpg

NKFwld6.jpg

f325uW9.jpg

E1873DK.jpg

AddGVER.jpg

Sorry Eugene, no cockpit shots, I have another leg to post without cockpit shots but the next one I fly I'll take one for you.

17 minutes ago, Captain Lars said:

Very nice shots, Jack, and a truly great idea to fly a historic air race! Does it really take that long from Bangkok to Malaysia? A beautiful aircraft with a mesmerizing livery, btw.

Thanks Lars, it's been quite an adventure and I'm still a long way off till I land at Melbourne.  No, it started getting dark and I didn't want to post shots of just a dark screen.  So I changed the time of day so others, myself included can see what that part of the world is like.  This is because for me anyway I've never flown there in the sim so I wanted to see what it was like.  Flying over all the desert then ocean and more ocean to come is very boring.  But as soon as I hit Australia it'll be a lot better because I have Orbx Oz installed.  

3 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

The scenery looks pretty good in these Jack, especially for Global! Nice leg of your race :)

Thanks Landon!  It does look nice, not unlike the PNW actually.

2 hours ago, European Mountain Man said:

Well Jack more super shots i am enjoying you trips regards EMM

Thanks EMM!  I'm enjoying them too.  Will post leg 15 tomorrow.  I have some other shots to post of Refuge Cove and a nice helicopter trip from KBLU.  Been way too busy lately.

Thanks for thinking of me Jack.

A very interesting leg of your flight with some green tropical scenes.

I can even recognise the big loop in the river at Bang Na and down the coast at Laem Chabang.:huh:

The ORBX AU desert scenery in is better than Global Base but you will have many hours of looking at red sand and spinefex.:lol:

10 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Thanks for thinking of me Jack.

A very interesting leg of your flight with some green tropical scenes.

I can even recognise the big loop in the river at Bang Na and down the coast at Laem Chabang.:huh:

The ORBX AU desert scenery in is better than Global Base but you will have many hours of looking at red sand and spinefex.:lol:

Thanks Martyn, I meant this post, that you'd recognize the area!

7 hours ago, adambar said:

Super shots of your adventure Jack! :)

Thank you Adam!

6 hours ago, paulb said:

Another great leg Jack! :). Nice colours in your dusk shots.

Thanks Paul, I liked that too, never do enough of that time of day as my eye is always on screenshots.

20 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Lars, it's been quite an adventure and I'm still a long way off till I land at Melbourne.  No, it started getting dark and I didn't want to post shots of just a dark screen.  So I changed the time of day so others, myself included can see what that part of the world is like.  This is because for me anyway I've never flown there in the sim so I wanted to see what it was like.  Flying over all the desert then ocean and more ocean to come is very boring.  But as soon as I hit Australia it'll be a lot better because I have Orbx Oz installed.  

Jack, flying at night can be a blessing in certain areas of the world that to-day lack openLC. But of course, I'm with you in this case. Why flying an air race at night? We want screenshots, after all.

5 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Though the houses look more like Berlin than Bangkok, the weather, mesh & green fields are great. Overall a good impression from your low & slow tour, Jack!

Thanks Gerold!  I usually fly at 12K feet and around 200 kts.

5 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

Jack, flying at night can be a blessing in certain areas of the world that to-day lack openLC. But of course, I'm with you in this case. Why flying an air race at night? We want screenshots, after all.

Thanks Lars, you're right, I like flying at night but they don't translate well to screenshots. 

Archived