Flight into Oblivion

VH-KDK

Just departing from Ant's YBNE.

1.bt1.jpg

2.bt2.jpg

3.bt3.jpg

4.bt4.jpg

5.bt5.jpg

Soon after this image the dreaded FSX circle of doom appeared and that was it.

I had installed the QW 757 which destroyed everything and has now been binned.

Despite uninstalling it the L1011 needed a reinstallation and for the first time on this FSX install I had a crash.

So now reinstalled FSX, ORBX AU with all the AU airports, OZx and ASN.

32 minutes ago, Sniper31 said:

Well Martyn, that is the nature of the FSX beast ;) Some nice shots while it lasted though :) 

This is the danger of messing with antiques and the first trouble since I used it solely for OZx over the last couple of years.:rolleyes:

13 minutes ago, BradB said:

Sorry Martyn , what is this thing you call FSX ? ;  I am oblivious to it . :huh::rolleyes:;):D

Cheers

John

It is something old and temperamental John.:unsure:

My fault entirely John as I was incognizant of the destructive nature of my QW 757.:o

2 hours ago, European Mountain Man said:

Super set of screen shots Martyn and I hope you have sorted your problem with fsx out regards EMM

Thanks Stewart.

Problem now sorted with FSX and just a few OZx airports to install.:)

Nice shots, Martyn, though I was surprised to see a European (German?) charter plane flying down under.

14 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Soon after this image the dreaded FSX circle of doom appeared and that was it.

I had installed the QW 757 which destroyed everything and has now been binned.

Grrr. The circle of doom is sth nobody likes .... to remember.

BTW, without changing anything on her, the QW757 had totally broken gauges in my last attempt to fly her in FSX. Seems her time is over.

Are you brave enough to give OZx another try in your p3d? For me it works...

10 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Glad you got it sorted Martyn my friend!  And I love your shots, it almost brings a tear to my eyes when I see an L-10, I miss working them SO much!  Those were some of the best years of my miserable life.

Cheers Jack, they were a wonderful plane to see in RL but luckily we still have many of these marvels to fly on our sim!:)

6 hours ago, Sammy H said:

Geez, I swear I hate those days.  It's like you take a sucker punch right to the stomach when your sim crashes.

Just one of those things Sammy, now almost all the scenery reinstalled and up and running again.:)

Soon have to chose some FSX only planes to fly.

7 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Nice shots, Martyn, though I was surprised to see a European (German?) charter plane flying down under.

Grrr. The circle of doom is sth nobody likes .... to remember.

BTW, without changing anything on her, the QW757 had totally broken gauges in my last attempt to fly her in FSX. Seems her time is over.

Are you brave enough to give OZx another try in your p3d? For me it works...

Thanks Gerold, German s are always welcome down under and they pop up everywhere on my sim.:lol:

I had forgotten that the blue circle meant death and was waiting for the plane to continue on it's flight.:(

Last night I installed the first OZx pack along with Ayres Rock into V4.0.:ph34r:

Looks good so far.:)

1 hour ago, VH-KDK said:

Cheers Jack, they were a wonderful plane to see in RL but luckily we still have many of these marvels to fly on our sim!:)

They were way overbuilt, everything in the cabin rattled like crazy on take off but once airborne they were very smooth flying planes and extremely powerful.  I loved those RB-211 triple spool engines.  Rolls was way ahead of their time on those engines.

55 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Just one of those things Sammy, now almost all the scenery reinstalled and up and running again.:)

Soon have to chose some FSX only planes to fly.

51 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Thanks Gerold, German s are always welcome down under and they pop up everywhere on my sim.:lol:

I had forgotten that the blue circle meant death and was waiting for the plane to continue on it's flight.:(

Last night I installed the first OZx pack along with Ayres Rock into V4.0.:ph34r:

Looks good so far.:)

Till a stray cosmic ray messes up the PC, or someone sneezes down the road.  PC's are sp fickle they seem to have a ind of their own don't they? :wacko:

19 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

They were way overbuilt, everything in the cabin rattled like crazy on take off but once airborne they were very smooth flying planes and extremely powerful.  I loved those RB-211 triple spool engines.  Rolls was way ahead of their time on those engines.

A great engine that sent RR broke, what an interesting story.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolls-Royce_RB211

19 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Till a stray cosmic ray messes up the PC, or someone sneezes down the road.  PC's are sp fickle they seem to have a ind of their own don't they? :wacko:

True Jack but this time it had help from an unexpected source.:angry:

31 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

A great engine that sent RR broke, what an interesting story.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolls-Royce_RB211

But look where they are now!  I watched a YT last year on the RR factory, I was amazed.

30 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

True Jack but this time it had help from an unexpected source.:angry:

My mantra, backup, backup, backup....

8 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Thanks Gerold. Have you had any runway texture problems?

Mareeba has a grass runway!:lol:

Don´t you like grass runways, Martyn ;)?

Seriously, I have not tried Mareeba in p3d yet. Maybe you look at the OZx forum - or post the phenomenon there?

54 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Don´t you like grass runways, Martyn ;)?

Seriously, I have not tried Mareeba in p3d yet. Maybe you look at the OZx forum - or post the phenomenon there?

Thanks Gerold, I thought I would ask you first to see if you had come across this and maybe knew a fix.

Grass runways are fine just as long as it is not growing through the bitumen.:)

8 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Thanks Gerold, I thought I would ask you first to see if you had come across this and maybe knew a fix.

Grass runways are fine just as long as it is not growing through the bitumen.:)

I like to see grass growing through the pavement in spots, it adds a lot to the ambiance of the strip, makes it more real.

Archived