For John

Jack Sawyer

2 minutes ago, BradB said:

The Queen as a STOL aircraft - With you flying her Captain Jack , anything is possible . One issue however , you were "LOWI" on the glide slope . :unsure::rolleyes::D:lol:

Cheers

John

:lol: Thanks John!  I see what you did there!  I was just hand flying it, no ILS at all.  I just wanted to see if it could be done.  Going for a hike now but when I get back I'll post my next leg of the MacRobertson Air Race, no goofing around on these.  Aleppo to Baghdad and this time I used Big Head.

2 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

I had a feeling something usual was coming up here, what with the title and Johns comment in your Dubrovnik set.;)

I wasn't disappointed was I.

Great close ups of the 744 on the helipad and a skilful landing too.:)

Thanks Martyn!  It was like your flights lately, barely had enough time to do what I wanted to do.

2 hours ago, paulb said:

Gosh! Amazing Jack! :) The guys on the Heli pad even seemed relaxed to find you there! :D.

Thanks Paul, they were actually, they wanted to see a 747 close up and waved me in. :D

1 hour ago, Sammy H said:

I tell you one thing, those dudes on that platform no longer exist, they look like wall splatter currently which can be viewed at your local art museum! :lol:

:lol:  They all survived Sammy, they had kevlar suits on.

1 hour ago, Wakashi said:

Dang Jack, low and fast for sure!  What sort of hand signals was the guy on the helipad in shot #3 giving you? :P.  You need to either gain some altitude or lose some speed next time you buzz the helipad!! ;)

Thanks Roger, they were telling me job well done!  They loved it, who wouldn't love a 747 on a helipad?  Well, besides me. :D

25 minutes ago, Sniper31 said:

Alright Jack, as impressive as this may be, I want to see the video...call me skeptical :D

Hi Skeptical, the video is classified, it would show my special anti-gravity device in use. :ph34r:

5 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

These German pilots make just too much noise in the lovely Inn valley, they should be banned!

But piloting skills they have, they can land on a beer mat.

Thanks Gerold, they were trained well, they used to be Harrier pilots!

Archived