MacRobertson Air Race leg 4

Jack Sawyer

Three and a half hours, what a long flight yesterday.  Athens LGAV to Aleppo OSAP.

Loading pax

XoojsPn.jpg

r3tr09Q.jpg

Excuse me, pardon me, just cutting in!

laH7ssk.jpg

9adCTZq.jpg

aBl3cht.jpg

pOayejF.jpg

b0xIUih.jpg

IY7HBgF.jpg

X8NikGl.jpg

qHcMXHA.jpg

dJ5mOus.jpg

okrfSN8.jpg

mPNjjL9.jpg

kNMwGjt.jpg

Pjt9ujy.jpg

xaf4vZY.jpg

9kAiEIE.jpg

XWjOVJe.jpg

iSqweAL.jpg

Hitting some desert, I wonder what it'll be like on the next leg to Baghdad

3KrF9IV.jpg

TAaPiqQ.jpg

fFZGlOo.jpg

3U84iXB.jpg

arlseve.jpg

VwHwlkQ.jpg

6B1A0D1.jpg

Xv8Tc2m.jpg

3 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Excellent set Jack showing the beautiful lines of the Constellation, the type of design Michelangelo would have come up with.:)

Very sad what has happened to your destination over the last few years.:(

Thanks Martyn, I agree and I agree 

Well well you naughty boy.....taking a shortcut in shot #3 after seeing that a Cessna is leading the dance near the holding point.

I'm sure you should have waited for your turn if a big plane was the first in the row.

Am I right or not.....? ;-)

B.t.w. nice flight.

Regards Fred

The virus in small expression is shown in #3 here... (shortcutting). A great idea to fly to Aleppo, I am quite sure I have never seen a post of a simflight going there. The same might be true for your next destination... many thanks for taking us on the ride, Jack!

1 hour ago, Sundancer said:

Well well you naughty boy.....taking a shortcut in shot #3 after seeing that a Cessna is leading the dance near the holding point.

I'm sure you should have waited for your turn if a big plane was the first in the row.

Am I right or not.....? ;-)

B.t.w. nice flight.

Regards Fred

Thanks Fred!  ATC asked me to cut in front of them, I had to bribe them though! :lol:

1 hour ago, Sundancer said:

A propos Jack.....didn't you see that bridge over the river left of the landings rwy ........ a missed chance ;-)

Ciao Fred

It was tempting but the Connie is a lumbering giant, she doesn't do acrobatics...well...good...:wacko:

1 hour ago, paulb said:

Well done Jack! Great to see you continuing on your journey! :)

That's a smart livery on the Connie.

Thanks Paul!  It's an  amazing feat these people accomplished back then.

46 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

The virus in small expression is shown in #3 here... (shortcutting). A great idea to fly to Aleppo, I am quite sure I have never seen a post of a simflight going there. The same might be true for your next destination... many thanks for taking us on the ride, Jack!

Thanks Gerold, I was impatient, I had get-in-the-sky-itis!  :D

5 minutes ago, Sniper31 said:

Nice set of your latest race leg here Jack. Also, the Connie is looking right spiffy in these shots ;) Some interesting destinations too.

Thanks Landon.  I don't know if I want to fly the next leg in the Connie or the CD-6.  But yeah, I love the Connie's livery, especially considering I am heading my way to Melbourne.

11 hours ago, Sammy H said:

Lol, looks like the Air Race began when you cut the line to get on the runway first :lol:

Yep, I couldn’t help it, sometimes I get impatient but those jets could easily have gotten there before me.  :lol:

9 hours ago, adambar said:

Nice move there Jack, sometimes you need to get aggressive. :D  Super shots! :)

Thanks Adam!  Who wouldn’t love to see this on a real flight when there’s a long delay? :D

Archived