MacRobertson Air Race leg 3

Jack Sawyer

So I finally decided to make leg three.  Rome LIRA to Athens LGAV.  It was quite a long flight but worth it.  All Orbx stuff, PMDG DC-6, and AS4.  I think the next leg will be in the Connie.

80kNCs3.jpg

LKgnQLg.jpg

8fXEZF0.jpg

TsScYeH.jpg

ToJ9HaD.jpg

RSmR1Dg.jpg

IsXFMz9.jpg

fdpHkCr.jpg

Sp3Lps4.jpg

eEmhlM2.jpg

MMn3oIg.jpg

This is one very dense city.  Been here in real life a long time ago and loved it.

SIq4wyf.jpg

lMxxEKT.jpg

qEkT6NS.jpg

rGcxkpE.jpg

SVQkEgT.jpg

Ev6JvxP.jpg

ZIpWnpJ.jpg

The lights, yes, there was an Airbus behind me :D

rA9sNV3.jpg

I love the lighting at this time of day.

QtUDHGe.jpg

qiAqgtZ.jpg

kSJEHdh.jpg

sCpRRdQ.jpg

6 minutes ago, paulb said:

Well done Jack! :). I did wonder if you would continue with your flight or just have a break.

Some excellent shots there! ;)

Thanks Paul!  Just been so busy writing, wracking my brains to make those comics, and other stupid real world nonsense that takes me away from flying in my little slice of Orbx Heaven.

This flight was challenging in that the autopilot works but you have to constantly adjust for drift.  But it makes it fun.

4 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Paul!  Just been so busy writing, wracking my brains to make those comics, and other stupid real world nonsense that takes me away from flying in my little slice of Orbx Heaven.

This flight was challenging in that the autopilot works but you have to constantly adjust for drift.  But it makes it fun.

Well always enjoy Orbx my friend (as I know that you do) :)

Anyway Jack, that is the challenge of flying one of these classic aeroplanes! (which you can do better than me) ;)

Excellent set Jack and you appear to be like me in having breaks from a long flight project.

I was flying the short distance along the Thames and have got as far as London City and really need to get back and finish the job.

Just to make things worse I have started another long flight in NZSI so I have two flights on the go!:o

Isn't the OLC EU scenery fantastic. I mean it doesn't have uncle Spiro's olive grove at Salamina but it is what I call believable scenery.;)

The DC-6 is a magnificent plane too and what a glorious livery as well.:)

Great flight work (with the correction of the A/P), great looking plane, and great scenery, too. I keep my fingers crossed you get the time to keep up with this interesting tour, Jack!

1 hour ago, VH-KDK said:

Isn't the OLC EU scenery fantastic. I mean it doesn't have uncle Spiro's olive grove at Salamina but it is what I call believable scenery.

Corrrrrect. That´s what I also like in OLC - sometimes I know the scenery better and miss the Tavernas in Greece, but the general impression is fantastic. And will be sufficient for either regions I do not know so well (South America or Africa), or that change so fast no scenery maker can keep up with (Asia).

Great race reports and screen shots Jack, good job getting back into the race! :)

And Martyn, just who exactly is this uncle Spiro you speak of? I mean, Orbx OLC scenery is pretty darn good, but I didn't expect them to be putting fictional characters in from Martyn's exploits across the globe...that would be pushing the envelope for even Orbx ;) 

4 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

I mean it doesn't have uncle Spiro's olive grove at Salamina

8 minutes ago, Sniper31 said:

Great race reports and screen shots Jack, good job getting back into the race! :)

And Martyn, just who exactly is this uncle Spiro you speak of? I mean, Orbx OLC scenery is pretty darn good, but I didn't expect them to be putting fictional characters in from Martyn's exploits across the globe...that would be pushing the envelope for even Orbx ;) 

Thanks Landon, I was referring to the people I have read on other forums who complain that the apple tree in granny's back yard is a Bramley and not a Red Delicious!:lol:

I always find it interesting when doing a reinstall and seeing the difference in each stage. I always test from the same airport,  usually from EDLE Essen, after each install to make sure all is well, Global, OLC then the region. :huh:

8 hours ago, BradB said:

Tremendous shots Jack !! .

Cheers

John

Thanks John!

5 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Excellent set Jack and you appear to be like me in having breaks from a long flight project.

I was flying the short distance along the Thames and have got as far as London City and really need to get back and finish the job.

Just to make things worse I have started another long flight in NZSI so I have two flights on the go!:o

Isn't the OLC EU scenery fantastic. I mean it doesn't have uncle Spiro's olive grove at Salamina but it is what I call believable scenery.;)

The DC-6 is a magnificent plane too and what a glorious livery as well.:)

Yep, I have so many fly to items on my list I just try to knock them out.  But I finally decided to do it.  Next leg is even longer!

4 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Great flight work (with the correction of the A/P), great looking plane, and great scenery, too. I keep my fingers crossed you get the time to keep up with this interesting tour, Jack!

Corrrrrect. That´s what I also like in OLC - sometimes I know the scenery better and miss the Tavernas in Greece, but the general impression is fantastic. And will be sufficient for either regions I do not know so well (South America or Africa), or that change so fast no scenery maker can keep up with (Asia).

Thanks Gerold, next leg will be with the Connie.  I can’t believe they actually did this way back then

1 hour ago, Sniper31 said:

Thanks Landon, more soon.

4 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

Are you OK Jack.....this flight looks so normal. I'm not used to see that.

Nice shots!

Cheers Fred

:lol:  Yup, I'm fine Fred, thanks.  I can't do goofy stuff 100% of the time, it would get old wouldn't it?  :D  So everyone ow and then I like a normal flight. :)

Archived