Over Bavaria

VH-KDK

Great shot indeed, and I like the clouds you show us. Who was making this weather for you?

20 hours ago, BradB said:

This shot is so good Martyn , I raise a cold glass of  beer and toast your tribute to Bavaria . :D:P:)

Cheers

John

Oa Weissbier bitte, fits best to the location.

18 hours ago, Bermuda425 said:

Prächtiger Schnappschuss Martyn!

So machen wir es!

Ein gute Plan, indeed.

18 hours ago, Bermuda425 said:

A schuss of schnapps is not to bad either!!

Auch keine schlechte Idee, Erik!

18 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Sounds good to me Erik although maybe I will wait for winter to come, it is a bit too hot for shorts at the moment.:huh:

For German weather the Schnaps would be totally fitting currently. I was biking in snowfall today, by surprise... :ph34r:

15 hours ago, paulb said:

Great shot Martyn! :). I prefer the proportions on yours compared to the lengthened 400.

Thanks Paul, I don't mind the 400 but the 100 now looks like all nose and tail after getting used to the newer versions.

I can remember how long the  200 series looked when they replaced the 100s on the Mildura Melbourne run many years ago.

It was quite a big deal in Mildura and I can remember going out into the garden to see the first one fly over on it's way to YMML!:rolleyes:

13 hours ago, stewart1 said:

super shot Martyn and a very nice aircraft  and it looks like you had some very bad weather on your flight regards stewart

Thanks Stewart, it does add to the atmosphere but unfortunately it hides the scenery.:)

9 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Cool shot Martyn!  What an odd looking wing on it though.  It always looks just kind of wrong to me.  It's too narrow but hey, it works.  Save me a Bavarian beer will ya?

Thanks Jack, we have saved a whole keg for you.

Yes it does have a very narrow wing but they did a great job when designing it.:)

2 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Great shot indeed, and I like the clouds you show us. Who was making this weather for you?

Oa Weissbier bitte, fits best to the location.

Ein gute Plan, indeed.

Auch keine schlechte Idee, Erik!

For German weather the Schnaps would be totally fitting currently. I was biking in snowfall today, by surprise... :ph34r:

Thanks Gerold, I love looking at the clouds almost as much as the scenery, indeed sometimes they totally obscure the ground so there is nothing else to look at!

This is REX TD4 with AS16, that is all.:huh:

No Skyfarce or ASCA.:o

1 hour ago, VH-KDK said:

Thanks Jack, we have saved a whole keg for you.

Yes it does have a very narrow wing but they did a great job when designing it.:)

Agree but it just looks so odd to me. I have  the Majestic one and the videos I bought so I learned alot from a real pilot.  This plane is so odd that you’re not to move around the cabin because it could upset the CG.  Personally I don’t really like that, never flown on one and don’t think I’d like to 

17 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Personally I don’t really like that, never flown on one and don’t think I’d like to 

It´s ok to fly with, basically the same cabin dimensions as the CRJ series. The BIG difference is the noise, these props are causing a headache.

3 hours ago, Stillwater said:

It´s ok to fly with, basically the same cabin dimensions as the CRJ series. The BIG difference is the noise, these props are causing a headache.

No kidding, they're loud in the sim, and I would not want to sit across from one because if a blade gets loose, well, it would be dreadful.

On ‎13‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 11:46 AM, Jack Sawyer said:

Agree but it just looks so odd to me. I have  the Majestic one and the videos I bought so I learned alot from a real pilot.  This plane is so odd that you’re not to move around the cabin because it could upset the CG.  Personally I don’t really like that, never flown on one and don’t think I’d like to 

I have never heard about that CG issue with an airliner before and have never really thought about it either. I wonder how they stop passengers moving around in flight. I mean sometimes you just have to go.:o

22 hours ago, Stillwater said:

I have never flown on a Dash-8 of any type and I didn't realise they were so noisy.:huh:

19 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

No kidding, they're loud in the sim, and I would not want to sit across from one because if a blade gets loose, well, it would be dreadful.

Well there have been instances of fatalities where the prop has failed. Last year REX had the whole prop detach on one of their 340s, luckily no one was hurt and it missed the plane.

www.abc.net.au/news/2017-04-13/rex-propeller-fell-off-because-of-broken-bracket-report/8442370

5 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

I have never heard about that CG issue with an airliner before and have never really thought about it either. I wonder how they stop passengers moving around in flight. I mean sometimes you just have to go.:o

In the 1980’s I flew from KBOS to LAX on a immaculate DC-10.  It had about 15 passengers on it.  The pilot told us we could sit anywhere we wanted as long as we all didn’t sit together.

Then there’s DB Cooper, when he jumped out those air stairs the pilots said they could feel it.

I remember the first time I ever saw a “DB Cooper switch on a 727, look it up, it’s ingenious.

When I started in the airline business I worked weight and balance, it was critical to have everything balanced just right.

2 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Well there have been instances of fatalities where the prop has failed. Last year REX had the whole prop detach on one of their 340s, luckily no one was hurt and it missed the plane.

www.abc.net.au/news/2017-04-13/rex-propeller-fell-off-because-of-broken-bracket-report/8442370

I could tell about real incident but won’t, it was tragic.

3 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

In the 1980’s I flew from KBOS to LAX on a immaculate DC-10.  It had about 15 passengers on it.  The pilot told us we could sit anywhere we wanted as long as we all didn’t sit together.

Then there’s DB Cooper, when he jumped out those air stairs the pilots said they could feel it.

I remember the first time I ever saw a “DB Cooper switch on a 727, look it up, it’s ingenious.

When I started in the airline business I worked weight and balance, it was critical to have everything balanced just right.

I realise that loading a plane is critical but I have never taken into account the movement of people around the cabin during flight. Various times there is plenty of movement to the bathrooms so you can imagine the effect of several dozen passengers queueing up around the cabin.

Well that is a clever device, amazing what people think up isn't it.

We flew back from Thailand on a DC-10 with only 80 passengers and were told to sit anywhere we liked. 

I also flew down to Phuket on an A310 and the few passengers aboard were allocated window seats!

9 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I could tell about real incident but won’t, it was tragic.

It pays not to think about things that can happen Jack otherwise we wouldn't go outside the front door!:o

Being in the industry you would no doubt see and hear things that would probably cause the average Joe to never go near an aircraft.:ph34r:

Just now, VH-KDK said:

It pays not to think about things that can happen Jack otherwise we wouldn't go outside the front door!:o

Being in the industry you would no doubt see and hear things that would probably cause the average Joe to never go near an aircraft.:ph34r:

It’s not that, I just don’t want to get in trouble 

Archived