Major companies addon?

briansommers

It would be fun to see a payware add-on package that would feature major companies for each nation.

For example, Apple, Facebook, Nike, Google, etc etc

they would be in high detail and I'd be willing to pay $15-20 per country for something like this.

To each his own.

That option wouldn't interest me at all Brian.

I prefer having all nation's geographical and cultural heritage correctly depicted - not current corporations that occupy buildings.

(On the other hand, Nike sweatshops are located in many countries I guess.)

As I said, to each his own..

(I wonder if Orbx Headquarters is depicted in high resolution in Queensland??? Going to have to check :))

Interesting concept Brian, you only have to look at all the industrial areas in Germany that have been depicted which I enjoy discovering.

I know of at least one fellow simmer who is pleased to see the Volkswagen Factory at Hannover.;)

It all adds to the realism!:)

I don't know if there is much industry left in Australia to show though, I suppose the environmentally friendly eco tooth pick factory in Brunswick could be depicted.:lol:

Personally I love the industrial scenery, and the mines..I also love adding bits and pieces to the mine textures in trhe sim. If I fly over one and I have not  been there before I stop and add a few buildings and vehicles. Teecee.

PS, Mickel, what is OLP?

18 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Interesting concept Brian, you only have to look at all the industrial areas in Germany that have been depicted which I enjoy discovering.

I know of at least one fellow simmer who is pleased to see the Volkswagen Factory at Hannover.;)

It all adds to the realism!:)

I don't know if there is much industry left in Australia to show though, I suppose the environmentally friendly eco tooth pick factory in Brunswick could be depicted.:lol:

I agree to what you say, Martyn, but I would like to meet that fellow simmer!

1 hour ago, teecee said:

Personally I love the industrial scenery, and the mines..I also love adding bits and pieces to the mine textures in trhe sim. If I fly over one and I have not  been there before I stop and add a few buildings and vehicles. Teecee.

Terry, i am just checking if the additions you made in FSX still work in our new world. Probably the libraries get us some losses. But this particular company is still there, and I guess you know it very well:

2018-1-17_14-17TasAlk.jpg

Coming back to the issue of this post: Yes, I like that idea, too. I have seen so many industrial areas in RL that I would like to see in the sim... At least Orbx added plenty of them to Germany, albeit not totally precise (as in the example above).

I guess you will have some  problems with my addons in Prepar3d V4.1as most were built some years ago, though to be honest I don't know as I have stayed with V3.4 as it looks great and runs great on my old system.

PS; Surprisingly,Tas Alkaloids still   looks good.

On ‎19‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 6:22 PM, Mickel said:

Plenty of vacant factories Martyn, and a bunch of mines/gas plants.  Fly out to OLP and circle the copper mine, or out to Barrow Island LNG plant.  :wacko:

You will have to excuse my cynicism Mickel, I remember coming to a very different country 37 years ago where the words "Made in Australia" appeared on so many everyday things. 

Not so today!:(

Don't give up on Aus mate.. she is and always has been a fighter.. she's "The lucky country" remember.. Teecee.

PS: anyone want to make a PR base for Olympic Dam and immediate surrounds, I am happy to add the trimmings.

Archived