KCGX Meigs Field for X-Plane 11

19 hours ago, Ed Correia said:

Not likely, we are still exploring how to deliver that.

I am very disappointed.  Mac users are always left in the dark.      John mentioned a few posts back that he had an idea on how to release it soon so mac users wouldn’t be alienated.      I live near chicago and was very excited for this.    

On 1/4/2018 at 7:14 AM,  John Venema said: 

The Mac release depends on the installer and FTX Central integration. We may run with an interim dmg package installer so we don't alienate Mac users.

Awesome.  Thanks 

How long of a delay is anticipated for Mac?       For now ill just use half way decent freeware.   

4 hours ago, chifan90 said:

I am very disappointed.  Mac users are always left in the dark.      John mentioned a few posts back that he had an idea on how to release it soon so mac users wouldn’t be alienated.      I live near chicago and was very excited for this.    

On 1/4/2018 at 7:14 AM,  John Venema said: 

The Mac release depends on the installer and FTX Central integration. We may run with an interim dmg package installer so we don't alienate Mac users.

Awesome.  Thanks 

•  

How long of a delay is anticipated for Mac?       For now ill just use half way decent freeware.   

Sorry to hear that but our expertise is Windows based, so its new skill to learn.

Curious to know how many payware XP developers use installation software to distribute instead of a manual zip extraction as we are considering manual zip extraction as well.

3 hours ago, Ed Correia said:

Sorry to hear that but our expertise is Windows based, so its new skill to learn.

Curious to know how many payware XP developers use installation software to distribute instead of a manual zip extraction as we are considering manual zip extraction as well.

hmmm,  maybe get in contact x-aviation,  they often use install software,    flight factor might do it for planes,   I am not sure.   if I think of a dev or confirm one, I will relay it.

well owelll that it is delayed, I was hoping Johns comments would be true.    However, I just hope this doesn't become canceled for Mac users.

if you had a guess on how many weeks, months it will be for Mac fans,  - what would it be?

I am also happy to help beta test a Mac solution.

Take care, thanks for your time Ed,  I wish things rolled out smoother.  you guys have great quality 

• 2 weeks later...

In late beta testing, not long to go now. A new version of FTX Central will be needed to cater for X-Plane11. That update will come through FTX Central itself but be announced on the forums as well.

We also have another X-Plane airport in beta testing as well. More news soon!

On 2/4/2018 at 10:08 AM, John Venema said:

In late beta testing, not long to go now. A new version of FTX Central will be needed to cater for X-Plane11. That update will come through FTX Central itself but be announced on the forums as well.

We also have another X-Plane airport in beta testing as well. More news soon!

John ,  any luck with Mac news too?   thanks

I have a question that may unfortunately cause some ripples.  I know I am going to be in the minority here but as great as this airfield looks, I don't understand the excitement of installing a airport that no longer exists.  I know people buy airplane skins for TWA and Pan Am but when it comes to simulating real world flying, something Orbx does exceptionally well, this seems to be a step in the wrong direction.  So why are the people who posted on here, who are no doubt very excited for this airfield, so happy to install a non existent field?

Perhaps it’s because Meigs Field was in all the first Flight sims, like for me it all started with Flightsim 4 on a Commadore Omega was it or was it the, dam can not think of the name STX or some thing. Happy days and such a long time ago. Derek.

2 hours ago, Kyle Cormier said:

I have a question that may unfortunately cause some ripples.  I know I am going to be in the minority here but as great as this airfield looks, I don't understand the excitement of installing a airport that no longer exists.  I know people buy airplane skins for TWA and Pan Am but when it comes to simulating real world flying, something Orbx does exceptionally well, this seems to be a step in the wrong direction.  So why are the people who posted on here, who are no doubt very excited for this airfield, so happy to install a non existent field?

Meigs has been available for two years now for FSX and Prepar3D, more recently Aerofly, and we have other airfields that are completely fictitious, so it's not a huge departure from the norm. X-Plane users get to join in on the nostalgia now. 

On 06/02/2018 at 11:31 AM, chifan90 said:

I hope your projects don’t become or stay PC exclusive.  That would be a shame.   I saw a post that skyline simulations is teaming with yall.  Maybe they can help for Mac. 

We have plans to port FTX Central to Mac and Linux this year to support XP and AeroflyFS2 (which was recently released on Mac). This is not a small undertaking and we are moving to a new cross-platform coding tool to allow this to happen. So whilst in the short term we are Windows-only we realise this situation can’t continue if we want to embrace Mac and Linux users as customers.

On 2/10/2018 at 5:04 AM, John Venema said:

We have plans to port FTX Central to Mac and Linux this year to support XP and AeroflyFS2 (which was recently released on Mac). This is not a small undertaking and we are moving to a new cross-platform coding tool to allow this to happen. So whilst in the short term we are Windows-only we realise this situation can’t continue if we want to embrace Mac and Linux users as customers.

good to hear,  looking forward to using your products this year,   any eta ?

Archived