Chester to nearby 42B

Jack Sawyer

I wanted to take Matteo's advice and go to 4096 texture resolution.  So I put down my broom (John :D) and took off in a police chopper.

Summer, maxed out all settings.  Very beautiful area.

wqSeoy1.jpg

6FvC3Ms.jpg

KvhdZMx.jpg

fPizIhk.jpg

nE08VBc.jpg

BfdK7tF.jpg

j5xbjWy.jpg

YWTstGR.jpg

P2krQfs.jpg

I0XAoSK.jpg

samuqj1.jpg

74C3o2C.jpg

XyTgMrG.jpg

I7gjCXQ.jpg

Ab6uHHA.jpg

This chopper is almost too easy to fly.  I like that you can take off vertical yet with wheels you can land it like a plane.

10 hours ago, stewart1 said:

Fantastic set of screen shots Jack it would be good if you lived in this area for there are plenty of forests for you to explore with your hiking regards stewart

Thanks Stewart, yeah, I'd like it, not as many poisonous snakes for one, and cooler too!

10 hours ago, Bermuda425 said:

Corking screenshots indeed!

Thanks Erik!

10 hours ago, lifejogger said:

Awesome shots Jack!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you John!

9 hours ago, BradB said:

I knew you could not keep a good man down , fantastic shots from Chester Jack . 4096 is like Miracle Grow for Orbx scenery . :rolleyes::D:wacko::lol:

Cheers

John

:lol:  Thanks John!  I love that quote, 4096 is like oracle Grow!  So true! :lol:

5 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Excellent set Jack with another great flight from Chester.

My biggest problem with landing these bigger choppers is forgetting to lower the wheels!:lol:

Thanks Martyn!  What is that acronym, GUMP? :lol:

1 hour ago, Iain Emms said:

Fine set of shots these 

cheers 

Iain 

Thanks Iain!

1 hour ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Beautiful set - just landed at 42B in real life a couple weeks ago in a C182T (passenger) - it's a hoot...

Plan on picking up FTX Chester - gotta love sloped runways...

Regards,
Scott

Must be nice Scott!  I used to love flying in and flying those small planes in real life.  Now, medically stinking grounded.  Forever.  :(:angry:

9 hours ago, adambar said:

Fantastic shots Jack! :)

Thanks Adam!

5 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

Superb screenies, Jack. I'm still on 3.4, so I don't dare to touch 4096 for an extended period of time ;)

Thanks Bernd!  I know what you mean, I haven't even ran 3.4 once since all my Orbx stuff is in 4.1.  I can tell you this, I was never happier when several things happened.

1. 64-bit, no more OOM or VAS, it's out of my vocabulary.

2. I now own all of Orbx's stuff and have been testing them all so it's a lot of work but is fun.  But having them all in 64-bit is a dream come true.

3. Even with my old PC I can still max out everything.

And last, the only downside is I wish MV would release my beloved 407 and 530 helos.  Then all would be right in my sim world but I don't see that happening any time soon.  That's why I bought the CeraSim Dauphin which is very enjoyable to fly and with retractable gear you can even land it like a plane.

I like helicopters a lot, mainly to hover over my little slice of Orbx-land and marvel at what they've created.

Cheers.

Archived